Thailand investigates 16 people on Panama Papers list

webfact

Just waiting for the but, but Thakasin and Junta boys to come out and try to spin this also. They will say the list is flawed because Thakasin isnt on it.

Mrs. T is.... Wife just told me

16 Thai nationals have used this one law firm in Panama. I am quite certain there are

dozens of law firms in Panama doing the same work and hundreds of Law firms around

the world in the many banking havens that do the same. Those politicians, sports figures

etc.. that have been exposed were unlucky enough to have used this particular law firm.

This is just the tip of a very, very, large iceberg. coffee1.gif

Breaking news! Out of 16, 15 have been cleared. There is one perpetrator remaining, with an offshore company that has been used as a front to cover for one illegal asset: a big red bowl.

(Developing story)

Edited by lkv

Just waiting for the but, but Thakasin and Junta boys to come out and try to spin this also. They will say the list is flawed because Thakasin isnt on it.

And of course, you assume he isn't. But why would you need an off-shore company to dodge tax when you can simply change the tax laws to suit yourself?

If the "Puppeteer" has been free to roam the world for almost 10 years, despite being a convicted fugitive & no arrest warrant executed or extradition sought by any Thai Gov'ts in that time, then, even if he's named, so what ?? Makes complete farce of Thai justice.

You use the word JUSTICE like it is a real or thing that actually exists in Thailand.

Do you not remember you are FARRANG and we are becoming and extinct species here. And made become extinct by current operations EVERYWHERE.

There are about 780 Thai companies listed with the leak........

Yet the AMLO are currently only looking at some sixteen, out of the 780 "Officers & Master Clients".

The list makes interesting reading.

You're mixing things up again. The 780 "Officers & Master Clients" belongs to the old 2013 leaks already published at offshoreleaks.icij.org

There is no public information available yet on the new leaks concerning Thailand, apart from the previous screenshot taken from an interactive map published by Irish Times if I'm not mistaken.

Sorry IKV, the figures are from the new list and read;

Thailand

A Bangkok Post article said that "The Anti-Money Laundering Office (AMLO) is seeking information from its foreign counterparts regarding 21 Thai nationals reportedly included in a list of people worldwide using a Panama-based law firm for money laundering and tax evasion. (Note: It is not clear how the AMLO reached this number. The Panama Papers include at least 780 names of individuals and another 50 names of companies based in Thailand. Some are foreigners or foreign-owned companies. There are 634 individual addresses listed in Thailand. Prominent names include the CEOs of giant companies Bangkok Land and Phatra Finance)

There are about 780 Thai companies listed with the leak........

Yet the AMLO are currently only looking at some sixteen, out of the 780 "Officers & Master Clients".

The list makes interesting reading.

You're mixing things up again. The 780 "Officers & Master Clients" belongs to the old 2013 leaks already published at offshoreleaks.icij.org

There is no public information available yet on the new leaks concerning Thailand, apart from the previous screenshot taken from an interactive map published by Irish Times if I'm not mistaken.

Sorry IKV, the figures are from the new list and read; Thailand

A Bangkok Post article said that "The Anti-Money Laundering Office (AMLO) is seeking information from its foreign counterparts regarding 21 Thai nationals reportedly included in a list of people worldwide using a Panama-based law firm for money laundering and tax evasion. (Note: It is not clear how the AMLO reached this number. The Panama Papers include at least 780 names of individuals and another 50 names of companies based in Thailand. Some are foreigners or foreign-owned companies. There are 634 individual addresses listed in Thailand. Prominent names include the CEOs of giant companies Bangkok Land and Phatra Finance)

Nope. There was a confusion in the media as explained in the article below. Those names belong to the previous 2013 leak. There are no public details available on the Panama Mossack Fonseca leaks regarding Thailand apart from the numbers I mentioned in a previous post.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1460013781&section=11

So to clarify again.

The previous database leaked in 2013 has been available for some time at offshoreleaks.icij.org and can be searched by anyone at present

The info about the Panama papers is panamapapers.icij.org , and because there's a lot of info that's not organized ( emails, director resolutions etc), they are working on creating a new user friendly database that will supposedly be ready in May. All we know about the new leaks is what is presented on panamaleaks.icij.org but no info on Thailand. All the data we have is in the picture below (reattached).

AMLO Thailand is claiming they already received the details on the new leaks, supposedly from ICIJ ( or the Panama AMLO). Whatever. That would indicate that Panama AMLO has this information. That is actually the title and the idea of this thread. I don't know what to make of that statement, could be just a PR exercise.

post-243567-0-53182300-1460130343_thumb.

Edited by lkv

And of course, you assume he isn't. But why would you need an off-shore company to dodge tax when you can simply change the tax laws to suit yourself?

It was not just dodging tax...

Moving illicit money to hid in offshore accounts with no paper trail.

Thailand the hub of corruption... with many politicians and government employees with a standard of living well a above that of their legitimate earnings.

Remember when the protests against PTP and the Amnesty for Thaksin fiasco started to get serious that Thaksin's daughters went off to London with a very large amount of suitcases.

Now it could have been their extensive wardrobes; or perhaps packets of Mama noodles and som tam for daddy. Or it might have been...................................

But no doubt a great many Thais have offshore wealth. Avoiding tax by not declaring any incomes or capital gains is one thing. Explaining how they acquired and moved that wealth in the first place might draw some very creative answers.

No,alls okey dokey,it's song kram and lets go for it.where the folk is Panama anyway.ohI know it's between the Iceland and the moon.i could run this country with my bs.i ask myself every morning 'why am I in this country, I love Thai politics and all the crop that goes with it.anyway if you don't get this message it means the polit beuro rubbed me out or I ran off with a ladyboy.thank god I'm off to the uk next week for some attitude adjustment.ps and some nice cool breezes.

Mrs. T is.... Wife just told me

There is no confirmed information on that for the new leaks, but yes, in regards to the old leaks, this has been actually discussed in 2013 on Thai Visa forum.

"Nearly 600 Thais have owned offshore companies in the British Virgin Islands and other havens. Politicians and billionaire business magnates are among the prominent Thais listed in secret documents as owners of offshore holdings in tropical tax havens.

The list includes the former wife of ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, a sitting senator, a former high-ranking defense ministry official, Forbes-listed tycoons, and a former government minister whose assets in the United States are frozen because of her alleged links to Zimbabwean dictator Robert Mugabe."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/630937-crony-of-african-strongman-among-thai-names-in-secret-offshore-files/

So no news there.

Edited by lkv

What is your obsession with Thaksin? You are always the first one to mention him. I don't think it's healthy to spend so much time thinking about someone who has been gone for ten years. My personal opinion is that you should seek counseling, or admit that you are just a troll with no intelligent input to these discussions.

What most people don't realise is how big this is.

New Zealand is heavily involved in this, the prime minister going into denials that NZ is being used as a tax haven for money laudering for the mega wealthy ,drug lords and criminals.

New Zealnd having been through this in the past over the Cook Islands wine box cover up which was basicaly the same type of thing, is still at it with the law firm Mossac Fonseta operating in NZ and being involved in setting up trusts in NZ to cover money trails.

John Key having fought agaisnt legislation for disclosure and for these companies to be taxed.

IRD NZ does not require these Trust to pay tax on overseas earnings nor does it disclose infromation to overseas countrys.

There are something like 12 to 16000 of these types of trusts sheltering alleged money cleaning operations and providing a double skin of secrecy for the perps operating in NZ from all over the world, including major links with Mexcan drug lords.

Just Google NZ's involvement in the Panama Papers they are smack in the middle of it.

And just to add that there is now suspicion of Chinese property companies buying up land for non residents with ???? type of money fueling the NZ property boom.

Did you ever wonder why property developments all over Thailand with huge condo complexs down the coast from Cha Am are empty.

Why there is lots of blocks of land unsold that just sit there, its land banking by maybe the shell company boys, The Panama papers mention one huge Thai property company and a huge Thai investment company with some very big names on their boards thumbsup.gif

What is your obsession with Thaksin? You are always the first one to mention him. I don't think it's healthy to spend so much time thinking about someone who has been gone for ten years. My personal opinion is that you should seek counseling, or admit that you are just a troll with no intelligent input to these discussions.

Maybe you should stalk me, check my history and see if the ASSumption you are making is really true. You will see it isnt.

My intelligent response to your ASSumption is that the man with all his faults, represents the people where no one else does even in the remote way.

Thanks for pointing out my faults though.

If the "Puppeteer" has been free to roam the world for almost 10 years, despite being a convicted fugitive & no arrest warrant executed or extradition sought by any Thai Gov'ts in that time, then, even if he's named, so what ?? Makes complete farce of Thai justice.

You use the word JUSTICE like it is a real or thing that actually exists in Thailand.

Do you not remember you are FARRANG and we are becoming and extinct species here. And made become extinct by current operations EVERYWHERE.

Every country has some form of justice, may not fit your Farang ideal.

Not sure what you mean by "becoming an extinct species here"...there certainly seems to be more Farangs here than 5 - 10 years ago!!

Don't know how can be extinct everywhere....by that do you mean stay in own country...not migrate? Don't think so, please explain both your statements!

Reading stuff from ICIJ...there are 780 names of individuals in Thailand with 634 individual addresses listed and 50 companies involved.....

Yes but most of those names are 'good people', so they will get the "honest mistake" pass that 'good people' always get (like Thaksin used to get before he became 'bad people').

If the US goes after them, as in the FIFA scandal, they can obfusticate all they want. Cronyism only goes so far outside the borders.

If they can't actually be arrested, their roaming globally to party will be severely curtailed and the offshore assets will be seized.

There's not many other places they can go without risking being scammed in turn, including repatriating the loot.

I'm enjoying this immensely.

Maybe you should stalk me, check my history and see if the ASSumption you are making is really true. You will see it isnt.

My intelligent response to your ASSumption is that the man with all his faults, represents the people where no one else does even in the remote way.

Thanks for pointing out my faults though.

"the man with all his faults, represents the people where no one else does even in the remote way.". I don't think the evidence suggests that at all.

He's pretty likely to be represented somewhere in all this simply because it appears to be normal practice for many who have above average wealth. Mostly it's not illegal but it's hidden as it's embarrassing for the facts to come out.

• 2 weeks later...

Must mean that Thaksin and Yingluck are not as corrupt as the Junta Mark 1 and Junta Mark 2 made them out to be.