Is it really so easy to change your UK criminal check?

Sabai Dee?

There're so many threads just recently about Police Clearance Checks and I thought it's time to see the other side of it.

A friend of a friend has told me that there're at least three highly criminal teachers, all of them still active and employed.

The worst of them is a killer, "blew somebody's head off" (using his own words) and made 15 years in a high secured prison somewhere in the UK.

Number two and three are relatively dumb guys who "only" got caught after an armed robbery.

They all know each other and could exchange ideas how tough they are and so on.

All three had photo shopped their UK Police Clearance Record. Is it that easy?

You tell them to send it to your address, look for somebody who's good with the program called Photoshop and the criminals became honest teachers.But only from the outside. I think that criminals shouldn't be teaching kids.

The head blower is still a model teacher for an agency, while the other two guys are hopping from job to job.

One of them who'd made an armed robbery with a pump gun, forgot to wipe his fingerprints off. Let's go idiot and 8 years later he became a high school teacher for an agency.

How difficult would it be for a pedophile to do the same and come to Thailand with a clean record? A piece of cake, right?

Shouldn't a police check be sent directly to the employer that something like that can never happen? Or am I dreaming of a better world?

BTW< I have the three names, date of birth, nationality and all data which would make an end to their career. And I'm not trying to get any of these teaching positions, to be honest. I wanted to "report" them but after a chat with my wife, i decided not to.

But would i like to wake up with some bullets in my brain? The answer my friend is blowing in the wind. wai2.gif

Sounds as though you, yet again, have been listening to and are now repeating unsubstantiated rumour.

If you have evidence of convicted murderer(s) , armed robbers and paedophiles working as teachers report the FACTS to the police.

In the meantime ask the Mods to close this thread.

If you are 100% sure about them being criminals, report them anonymously. And before the ThaiVisa "Mind Your Own Business and Don't be a Snitch" brigade comes out in full force, would you people honestly want your kids being taught by a murderer?

I think it would be extremely easy to Photoshop a UK criminal background check document. My background check from the UK is printed on a plain piece of paper, no stamps, no signatures, nothing..... I could create a completely new and fake doc like this in about 30 minutes on my computer, (thus removing the heinous offence of misuse of a vehicle tax disc that has blighted my career for the past 30 years...)

A United Kingdom CRB check can only be carried out by accredited agencies, for a fee! Anyone can apply for a check on a person, but there are no specific details returned, simply a positive or negative result. So an employer will know if a job applicant has a criminal record, but not the details of the record.

There are different levels of check, depending on the type of job placement, the 'Standard' check costs £26. The 'Enhanced' check, usually only for high risk positions, are available, at a cost of £44

I've had numerous checks, or at least I've filled in the forms, as to whether the organisations concerned submitted them, with the relevant fee, is another question. There have been times when I got the impression that the form was meant to deter applicants with a dodgy background, but the form wasn't submitted in order to save the cost of the fee.

I would front up to the guy that blew someone's head off....& maybe the other 2 armed robbers------tell them they have 24 hours to get out of town........................coffee1.gif

Always seemed to work for John Wayne

A United Kingdom CRB check can only be carried out by accredited agencies, for a fee! Anyone can apply for a check on a person, but there are no specific details returned, simply a positive or negative result. So an employer will know if a job applicant has a criminal record, but not the details of the record.

There are different levels of check, depending on the type of job placement, the 'Standard' check costs £26. The 'Enhanced' check, usually only for high risk positions, are available, at a cost of £44

I've had numerous checks, or at least I've filled in the forms, as to whether the organisations concerned submitted them, with the relevant fee, is another question. There have been times when I got the impression that the form was meant to deter applicants with a dodgy background, but the form wasn't submitted in order to save the cost of the fee.

And after enough time was allotted for them to have received it you never once had any curiosity to ask to see it? Highly unlikely. Even knowing it was a clean record I would have been interested to see what it looked like and if they actually sent the form off.

A friend of a friend has told me that there're at least three highly criminal teachers, all of them still active and employed.

Still active at what?

"A friend of a friend..."

Here at TV that would be regarded as concrete, irrefutable evidence. You should definitely report it to the police. They probably could use a little comedy to relieve the tedium.

27 years ago i required a criminal record check from the British Embassy, for my Permanent residence.

A quick visit to the Embassy, told them what I needed, and left some 5 minutes later with the proof needed by Immigration, that I had no criminal record.

Clearly no checks were made in that short space of time (although I had no criminal record to report)

I wonder what happens these days.

The really stupid thing is that many companies offer instant background check services - immigration just has to contract with one and let them handle it. Pass the fee along to the applicant. But no, This is Thailand where everything has to be on little bits of paper.

About 30 years ago,i was also 'done' for misuse of a tax disc.My tax had run out on my car.My wife at the time also had a car,so as it was a weekend i removed the tax disc from her car and put it on mine.A parking attendant noticed and reported it.Believe it or not,i was done for stealing and using a tax disc.I got a 50 quid fine,that was it.10 years later i applied to a local college to teach plumbing.They CRB'd me.The report came back that i could have the job because the 'crime' i had committed was not relevant to the position i was going for.

I was quite pissed that a small crime that was really a 'nothing' as compared to some,would still be on my record.

The upshot of it was that i actually called Scotland yard and told my story to someone there.They told me that the 'crime' i committed would be 'spent'. She gave me the number of the 'Step down' office and i told them that this offence could damage my future employment

The result was that my 'crime' was stepped down and put to bed.I have had several CRB's since then and my record has shown clear.

I dont know if this will be of help to anyone in similar circumstances but i thought i would post it,in case people do not know about the step down office.

Good luck.

About 30 years ago,i was also 'done' for misuse of a tax disc.My tax had run out on my car.My wife at the time also had a car,so as it was a weekend i removed the tax disc from her car and put it on mine.A parking attendant noticed and reported it.Believe it or not,i was done for stealing and using a tax disc.I got a 50 quid fine,that was it.10 years later i applied to a local college to teach plumbing.They CRB'd me.The report came back that i could have the job because the 'crime' i had committed was not relevant to the position i was going for.

I was quite pissed that a small crime that was really a 'nothing' as compared to some,would still be on my record.

The upshot of it was that i actually called Scotland yard and told my story to someone there.They told me that the 'crime' i committed would be 'spent'. She gave me the number of the 'Step down' office and i told them that this offence could damage my future employment

The result was that my 'crime' was stepped down and put to bed.I have had several CRB's since then and my record has shown clear.

I dont know if this will be of help to anyone in similar circumstances but i thought i would post it,in case people do not know about the step down office.

Good luck.

It depends on the type of disclosure that is required. There are three 'levels' of report. An Enhanced report reveals all convictions (even those which are "spent) and in addition reveals all and any information which may be held about a person even if that information never led to charges/conviction.

The CRB is now known as the Disclosure and Barring Service

Mind your business. People change, lives change. They did their time and are entitled to start a new. Your rant sounds incredibly vindictive for absolutely no apparent reason, other than "they might. .."

Leave them to get on with their lives. They may actually be able to contribute something to society.

Sabai Dee?

There're so many threads just recently about Police Clearance Checks and I thought it's time to see the other side of it.

The worst of them is a killer, "blew somebody's head off" (using his own words) and made 15 years in a high secured prison somewhere in the UK.

Number two and three are relatively dumb guys who "only" got caught after an armed robbery.

They all know each other and could exchange ideas how tough they are and so on.

All three had photo shopped their UK Police Clearance Record. Is it that easy?

You tell them to send it to your address, look for somebody who's good with the program called Photoshop and the criminals became honest teachers.But only from the outside. I think that criminals shouldn't be teaching kids.

The head blower is still a model teacher for an agency, while the other two guys are hopping from job to job.

One of them who'd made an armed robbery with a pump gun, forgot to wipe his fingerprints off. Let's go idiot and 8 years later he became a high school teacher for an agency.

How difficult would it be for a pedophile to do the same and come to Thailand with a clean record? A piece of cake, right?

Shouldn't a police check be sent directly to the employer that something like that can never happen? Or am I dreaming of a better world?

BTW< I have the three names, date of birth, nationality and all data which would make an end to their career. And I'm not trying to get any of these teaching positions, to be honest. I wanted to "report" them but after a chat with my wife, i decided not to.

But would i like to wake up with some bullets in my brain? The answer my friend is blowing in the wind. wai2.gif

All I can say is if you pick up serious replies good for you. Bit drunk myself on Chang. What happened to the 6.4%? Last night was Johnny red export, 45.8% that's getting close to serious drinking. Tried a litre of Smirnof blue once (50%) couldn't finish it. Hey ho.

Ive since had an enhanced check,and it came back clear.The reason i say this is that the teaching job at the college had to do it,because i was teaching minors.Also when i had my enhanced check for the school here,that came back as clear too.I advised a friend of mine who applied for a job as a school caretaker.He also contacted Scotland yard(on my advice) and he got the same result.maybe its different stokes for different folks.

Sounds as though you, yet again, have been listening to and are now repeating unsubstantiated rumour.

If you have evidence of convicted murderer(s) , armed robbers and paedophiles working as teachers report the FACTS to the police.

Since when has it been your responsibility to get threads closed?

Since when has it been your responsibility to get threads closed?

Self defense mechanism?

If you are 100% sure about them being criminals, report them anonymously. And before the ThaiVisa "Mind Your Own Business and Don't be a Snitch" brigade comes out in full force, would you people honestly want your kids being taught by a murderer?

Thanks.

Ah, yet one more reason for the death penalty.

I've never been asked for a CRB/DBS but have been asked for an ACPO/NPCC (UK) police certificate several times by CW immigration HQ during RP applications.

I am not sure as to the big difference between these two pieces of paper (I believe their issuance is now even handled by the same office)

What does appear apparent is that normally it is the employer who requests a CRB/DBS for a prospective employee if the employees duties are in any way sensitive (eg, working with kids, national security, etc), whereas, the ACPO/NPCC police certificate can be applied for by the individual - I have gone through the ACPO issuance process several times, since CW Immigration HQ always wants a recent one(dated within the last 6 months) - so the one you used for last years paperwork submission is now out of date for this years paperwork applications.

A previous post by Simon43 mentioned that the CRB/DBS certificate could be easily photo-shopped. I have not seen the CRB/DBS cert, however, if the document is anything like the ACPO/NPCC certificate, then to the trained eye it is an extremely complex piece of paper, printed with all the embedded security of a large bank note.

ACPO Certificate security features include:-

• UV black paper
  • Water mark
  • Microprinted graphics
  • Flourescent features
  • Stand-up (textured) print features
  • etc etc

All in all I counted more than 10 high level embedded security features such as to make its copying or changing practically impossible to anyone but a national government or super high level crims with access to complex printing technology, inks, and papers not normally available to the general public.

Plainly, the UK government does not want these certificates to be forged or messed with in any way - and makes it as complex as forging a high value bank note.

Thus forging or changing this document is a very difficult job indeed.

Archived