Ted Cruz adds 21 delegates with Colorado sweep

rooster59

Ted Cruz adds 21 delegates with Colorado sweep

NICHOLAS RICCARDI, Associated Press

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado (AP) — Republican Presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz continued his Colorado winning streak Friday, locking up the support of 21 total delegates to the Republican National Convention, representing a majority of the delegates Colorado will send to Cleveland in July.

Slates loyal to Cruz won every assembly in Colorado's seven congressional districts, which began April 2 and culminated Friday with 12 delegates selected. The Texas senator is well-positioned to pad his total Saturday, when 13 more delegates will be chosen at Colorado Republicans' state convention.

Of Cruz's delegates, only 17 were formally pledged to him, and in theory the other four could change their vote in Cleveland. But they were all included on the senator's slates and are largely state party officials who said they were barred from signing a formal pledge for Cruz but have promised to back him in balloting at the convention.

The result shows how Cruz's superior organization has helped him as he tries to catch up with front-runner Donald Trump. While Cruz's campaign spent months recruiting slates of delegates and securing pledges, Trump only this week hired a Colorado state director. Two candidates Trump's campaign told backers to support in one district were not even on the ballot.

The Trump campaign said it wasn't worried and had always expected to fare poorly in Colorado because its assembly process is dominated by party insiders. "If we had a primary, yes, we would have done very well here," said Trump senior adviser Alan Cobb.

Cruz also appeals to Colorado Republican activists who dominate party functions — a deeply conservative, religious crowd with a libertarian streak.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-04-09

"The Trump campaign said it wasn't worried and had always expected to fare poorly in Colorado because its assembly process is dominated by party insiders"

No it's because Colorado is somewhat progressive and the back-asswards policies of Trump don't fly there.

Good try with an excuse though thumbsup.gif

Trump? Cruz? Who cares? Similar wingnut positions and both of them unelectable. Looking forward to the Republican Convention. It should put the icing on the death of the Republican party cake.

i did by accident hear some talkshow of Cruz last week on Fox news.

His problems to the Muslim Problems ( NOT IS or so but to ALL Muslems ! ) did sound fun : Bomb them all back into the Stone Age by Fleets of B52s and and if there is Resistance somewhere use a few ICBMs to break the resistance .. and the Fox Commentator did applaud that. No Ground Combat just Bomb them all sound good for them i think !

hearing that on live TV made me wonder how anybody can even think about electing that guy !

"The Trump campaign said it wasn't worried and had always expected to fare poorly in Colorado because its assembly process is dominated by party insiders"

No it's because Colorado is somewhat progressive and the back-asswards policies of Trump don't fly there.

Good try with an excuse though thumbsup.gif

Wow, Cruz wins with the support of progressives.

That.is.a.new.one...

Id like to understand your definition of progressive. Just to the left of Genghis Khan I presume...?

A new term is born.

ELECTILE DYSFUNCTION: The inability to become aroused over any of

The choices for President put forth by the Republican party in the 2016 election year.

so sad to say especially hillary

Problem is if you are a republican then who do you get behind. Let's leave poor old Donald out of it as he is now the drowning man but then is Cruz the saviour? Of course not but he is likely to get the most votes now. However so many of the republicans (including my friends T and S in Colorado) have said that they cannot support such a moron as Cruz. Therefore do you split the vote and end up with a minority party that has no chance of winning anything or do you admit defeat and vote for the wicked witch? Or do you abstain and don't vote at all which in effect is voting for Clinton anyway.

If it is any comfort then it is fair to say that the democrats are similarly depressed by having Clinton as their best bet and the obvious winner.

Looking forward four years to the next election where do you think the republicans will be then? If they field the same bunch of losers then it will mean a certain second term for HRC.

His problems to the Muslim Problems ( NOT IS or so but to ALL Muslems ! ) did sound fun : Bomb them all back into the Stone Age by Fleets of B52s and and if there is Resistance somewhere use a few ICBMs to break the resistance .. and the Fox Commentator did applaud that. No Ground Combat just Bomb them all sound good for them i think !

hearing that on live TV made me wonder how anybody can even think about electing that guy !

The truth is Cruz is way more of a loony than Trump who is more of a blowhard. I think

this guy will use any chance he gets to bring on the rapture. He is a true believer. The

establishment supports him because he can be controlled with money. Trump is/will

not be beholding to party money. He will take it and use it, but will not be beholding

to it. coffee1.gif

Trump? Cruz? Who cares? Similar wingnut positions and both of them unelectable. Looking forward to the Republican Convention. It should put the icing on the death of the Republican party cake.

Who cares? Millions of Americans who do not wear rainbow colored undies...or believe in killing their own babies...or believe in balancing the budget...or believe in providing jobs and dignity for American citizens instead of welfare...or believe in the right of every citizen to possess a firearm for protection...or believes that people coming in America should be processed and vetted before being allowed to assimilate into the local citizenry...or believes that Dems are more concerned with progressive social issues than defending this country and bringing US corporations and jobs back into America...or believe that all lives matter...not just the lives of minorities...and fruitcakes...

if it had been democratic, where people are allowed to vote, Trump would have won, colorado selects its delegates in a manner similar to how communist countries select who represents a particular district-undemocratically.. The reason the media has downplayed this 'win' by cruz is because they are trying to hide this obvious fact that the republicommunist party is trying to force Trump out of contention undemocratically.

As a democrat Trump OR Cruz is fine as both will be easy to beat.

I think Cruz easier than Trump but it may be the other way around when the time comes.

I'm worried about Kasich, even though he has a small chance at the nomination, IF nominated, he has an excellent chance of beating the democrat.

Of course a Trump Kasich ticket is quite possible but I doubt that would help him that much. It's still Trump at the top.

Edited by Jingthing

Thank You: ggt & pkspeaker... I have been wondering if there was anyone replying to this topic, who had a clue. I was delighted to see that there were two people out there in TV land who really understood what was happening with the Presidential Campaign this year, or perhaps were not intoxicated when posting :-)

As a democrat Trump OR Cruz is fine as both will be easy to beat.

I think Cruz easier than Trump but it may be the other way around when the time comes.

I'm worried about Kasich, even though he has a small chance at the nomination, IF nominated, he has an excellent chance of beating the democrat.

Of course a Trump Kasich ticket is quite possible but I doubt that would help him that much. It's still Trump at the top.

And there's talk of nominating Ryan after, presumably, Trump loses the first round at the convention.

I wouldn't want any of them, but it seems especially ironic that some US official was lecturing the Thai government on how democracy should work when it seems quite likely the eventual candidate will either have only drawn a small percentage of the primary vote or is chosen without even bothering to run in the primaries.

The quote 'Bomb them back into the stone age' was, in fact, attributed to US General Curtis LeMay in reference to the bombing of Lao during the American War on Vietnam. There is some confusion as to where he said it and why but most historians attribute the quote to him.

LeMay went on to become the running mate of George Wallace during the 1968 Presidential elections. (Seems all the 'nutters' run for President).

Thank You: ggt & pkspeaker... I have been wondering if there was anyone replying to this topic, who had a clue. I was delighted to see that there were two people out there in TV land who really understood what was happening with the Presidential Campaign this year, or perhaps were not intoxicated when posting :-)

I doubt there are many people, outside the GOP Politburo, who will understand what eventually does happen. Who knows how many hundreds of millions of dollars have been spent on the primaries, openly and under the table, to have it all amount to nothing other than running some hand-picked party-suck-up.

And it's still possible The Donald will run as an Independent if he can get his name on the ballots or as a write-in. Doubt the result will come down to a question of hanging chads in Florida or a president selected by the Supreme Court this time.

Who cares? Millions of Americans who do not wear rainbow colored undies...or believe in killing their own babies...or believe in balancing the budget...or believe in providing jobs and dignity for American citizens instead of welfare...or believe in the right of every citizen to possess a firearm for protection...or believes that people coming in America should be processed and vetted before being allowed to assimilate into the local citizenry...or believes that Dems are more concerned with progressive social issues than defending this country and bringing US corporations and jobs back into America...or believe that all lives matter...not just the lives of minorities...and fruitcakes...

Minorities and fruitcakes? Guns for protection? Balanced budgets and baby killing? And lions and tigers and bears! Oh my. They don't call them wingnuts for nothing.

I wear my rainbow colored undies proudly!

0221cebfaa3507f216239124b5f0066b.jpg