Haircut

dsfbrit

I am 52 years old, English and with pretty much a full head of hair.

I just want a short back and sides.

Anyone know of a hairdresser in Pattaya that can do this properly - I suspect one of the hotels would be easiest?

Each time I go the hairdresser they make me look like a chicken - short on the sides and leave this thick lump on top. Really annoying.

I have tried several places - no good and was going to wait until I go back to visit the UK in January.

But it gettting really long and getting on my nerves.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by dsfbrit

I get an old fashioned short-back-and-sides from a barber shop on Soi Bukhaew. It is located about 50 yards away from Siam Sawadee Hotel, on the same side, next to a bar called the Stereo bar, almost on the corner of Soi Honey.

A haircut is 80 baht. Tip optional, I usually leave 100 baht.

I use the one next to the 7/11, intersection Soi Buakhaow and Diana.

They cut many westerners hair and I have always walked out happy.[

quote name=dsfbrit' date='2006-11-01 15:11:36' post='965515]

I am 52 years old, English and with pretty much a full head of hair.

I just want a short back and sides.

Anyone know of a hairdresser in Pattaya that can do this properly - I suspect one of the hotels would be easiest?

Each time I go the hairdresser they make me look like a chicken - short on the sides and leave this thick lump on top. Really annoying.

I have tried several places - no good and was going to wait until I go back to visit the UK in January.

But it gettting really long and getting on my nerves.

Any help would be appreciated.

I get an old fashioned short-back-and-sides from a barber shop on Soi Bukhaew. It is located about 50 yards away from Siam Sawadee Hotel, on the same side, next to a bar called the Stereo bar, almost on the corner of Soi Honey.

A haircut is 80 baht. Tip optional, I usually leave 100 baht.

This is MUCH too extravagant. A typical Thai family could live several months on the tip alone.

Please stop spoiling it for the rest of us. :o

Just keep things simple and tell them you want a number one. The last time I went to my barber the number one rake broke. I got a number zero. That's as close as the clipper will cut. Pretty short. My wife told me that I could be a monk because of that haircut. If you really want long hair on top, tell them a number two. That will be about a quarter inch long. Since my haircut in Nong Hin costs 25 baht I don't complain.