Some people are stupid

Gary A

My wife's Samsung Galaxy S3 finally died. I think the phone still works but the screen went black. I was using a Samsung Galaxy S5 and since she would likely die without Line and Facebook, she appropriated my phone. I bought a second hand S4. It worked fine but I am never satisfied with anything the works fine. I rooted the S4 and tried a number of custom ROM's. It now has no sound and no signal. After a couple of days of different downloads I still have no sound or signal. I bought a cheap I Mobile X Slim 2 to use until I can get the S4 repaired. After a couple of days, I am impressed with this cheap phone. The dual SIM cards has proved handy.

On the hand me down note, yep, my wife's first "smart phone", a little Galaxy Wunder circa 2010 or 11, fell to me when she upgraded to an S4 a couple years ago.

I needed to use or lose a load of Qatar Air FF miles so I picked up a new Samsung A3 (2016) in Doha Duty Free last month. Met the wife back up in the lounge after and man, her eyes got all squinty as she admired the shiny new gadget. I could hear the squeaky wheels turning in her head. I charged it up but it's still sitting in the box it came in. Won't be long now I reckon.... laugh.png

I don't like her S4. Too big. A3 is a bit slimmer but I'm still using the little Wunder. Fits in my hand nicely and even makes telephone calls! Magic!

I have a basic phone so I don't have to deal with shit.......biggrin.png

I have a perfectly functional old Nokia. The problem is that I don't carry reading glasses and I can't read the tiny screen. I need a big screen.

I have a perfectly functional old Nokia. The problem is that I don't carry reading glasses and I can't read the tiny screen. I need a big screen.

My phone goes...brrrr...brrrrr...brrrrr......I press a button and a guy says...HELLO..laugh.png

Mine doesn't even do that. I keep it switched off at home. laugh.png

My phone goes...brrrr...brrrrr...brrrrr......I press a button and a guy says...HELLO..laugh.png

That's not a phone, it's your missus sex toy. Now put it back and stop wasting her batteries. :-)

My wife has two phones so no worries about 'borrowing' mine. smile.png

//edit - just remembered years ago she did borrow mine and dropped it in the dog's water bowl. No more borrowing.

Amen brother. Its a Samsung with DTAC G2. My g/f found while out biking. I guess one of these days DTAC will tell me that G2 is no long viable. I hope they pass out free ones like all the other companies are doing.

Amen brother. Its a Samsung with DTAC G2. My g/f found while out biking. I guess one of these days DTAC will tell me that G2 is no long viable. I hope they pass out free ones like all the other companies are doing.

AIS 'gave' me a new phone - wanted my old one but i wouldn't let them have it.

Good thing as the junker they 'gave' me was a piece of fecal matter and wouldn't keep a battery charge for more than 14 hours. Gave it back to them with a "thanks but no thanks".

We'll see what happens next for their 8 million users with G2 and G3 900mHz system...