To the 5 something years of marriage.

Top man

....... and every intention of staying here in this amazing country. With fabulous, food, fashion, traditions and women.

Amazing Thailand, the food is low quality, over spiced and with too many additives, fashion is great if you like the 'slutty hooker' look, their traditions were mainly invented by an half Chinese army general in the 1930s, and the women are mainly cheap gold-diggers.

Oh, and I've never had a relationship in Thailand fail, not that the loss of 1,000bht would be that big a deal.

There's plenty of great food and stylish women in Bangkok.

Maybe not in the part of town you stay in, though.

What part of town is that?

Wherever sex tourists stay, I guess.

So you are trying to tell me the first time you come to thailand you was not a sex tourists come on tell the truth I would say 99% of man come as a sex tourists or to meet a thai lady on a web sit for sex .

I'm not trying to tell you anything.

But no, I didn't come to Thailand as a sex tourist the first time I visited. I came on a holiday with my girlfriend.

Ok good on you ,then next why did you come to look at thai temple .

You really need someone to explain to you why tourists come to a tourist destination?

It started about man being happy in thailand and thai partner and it has got to this we are not talking about tourists we are talking about men happy with their thai partner.

You're the one asking the asinine, off-topic questions, not me.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you have lots of replays .

Very happy for you and your life in thailand.

But the truth is to many bad things happen here to western man .

So it is great you get on TV and tells us about the good part of thailand.

I like it here yes but the story's I hear and things I read make me think that thailand is not what it is made out to be .

So I am so happy to read your story.

You would be in the 5 % of the lucky ones .

Someone said

Lies

Damn lies

And statistics

Where the hell do you get 5 % from...?

A straw poll of my immediate crowd reveals 100% happy with their wifes/partners .... Just not 100% happy with Thailand ... (Admittedly a small sample size of about 30 guys)

But then ...they wouldn't even consider returning " back home ".

It's not that being here in Thailand is so great ... it isn't .... But it's a shed load better than where I was .... NZ...!

But my Thai wife of 7 years .... Fantastic ... Never had a bad day yet ... Some moments... But they pass quickly ... She doesn't sulk... I've never had a moment of regret ...

You tell me if not for NZ would you be in thailand to day no , I would not knock the country that made you , so you could be in thailand now .

There was a thread on TV about 2 years ago that was full of mostly positive experiences with thai-foreigner marriages or arrangements. I remember it because some posters who rarely post came out to make their report. It was very constructive....maybe someone here can help me find it and link to it.

There have been many but here is one I remember. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/684765-all-the-good-thai-stories/

I think you could have done a better job of setting up this topic but I think you are trying to elicit positive comments from people living in Thailand. There are perhaps more of us living happy fulfilling lives here than you might think. I doubt you will be able to changes the minds of those who are miserable so just be happy that you are not one of them.

Very true but you have know idea how many live here who are happy , like me and you have the idea who are not happy.

But when you read about the things that happen here looks like more are unhappy

And you hear the bad shit that go's on here , thailand is not what it is made out to be .

And the worst thing about thailand is most man sell up the lot back home and come and try to make a life here and then not like it but not much you can do if you have nothing back home .

But good to read happy story's here .

George,

you do not live in Thailand and never have,

Why do you keep posting inane garbage about something you have no experience with? Frequent short holidays do not count old mate nor do a couple of bad experiences with bar girls who took you for a quid.

I think you could have done a better job of setting up this topic but I think you are trying to elicit positive comments from people living in Thailand. There are perhaps more of us living happy fulfilling lives here than you might think. I doubt you will be able to changes the minds of those who are miserable so just be happy that you are not one of them.

Very true but you have know idea how many live here who are happy , like me and you have the idea who are not happy.

And you hear the bad shit that go's on here , thailand is not what it is made out to be .

And the worst thing about thailand is most man sell up the lot back home and come and try to make a life here and then not like it but not much you can do if you have nothing back home .

George,

Why do you keep posting inane garbage about something you have no experience with? Frequent short holidays do not count old mate nor do a couple of bad experiences with bar girls who took you for a quid.

You have know idea about me I am not like you put my hole life savers in to thailand

And you are not my mate that is for sure .

You are the one who talk garbage.

Not me sorry to say .

George,

Your not my mate

So because you think I not live here I can't have a say

Are you Mr thailand now

George,

Your not my mate

Are you Mr thailand now

And you have know idea about me .

I am not like you who likes bar moles I don't go to bars like you sorry to say

George,

Your not my mate

Are you Mr thailand now

And you have know idea about me .

I am not like you who likes bar moles I don't go to bars like you sorry to say

Ps I am not that stupid to live here and I have a home to go back to when I feel like it , not like you who sells the lot to come to thailand and them finds out your not happy here but nothing back home to go to .

There was a thread on TV about 2 years ago that was full of mostly positive experiences with thai-foreigner marriages or arrangements. I remember it because some posters who rarely post came out to make their report. It was very constructive....maybe someone here can help me find it and link to it.

There have been many but here is one I remember. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/684765-all-the-good-thai-stories/

This was the one I was looking for. It dealt more specifically with romantic relationships: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/564084-farangthai-relationships-the-good-ones/

Statistically speaking I believe most marriages don’t last, regardless of nationality, and things like money and infidelity are at the top of the list of things which go wrong.

At least in the West we can blame the Emporer Justinian, for monogamy in marriage who justified his position with a preference from Saint Augustine. It is pretty ridiculous for the State to control how many wives or husbands you can have. Far too much importance laid on all of it. Things and people change. Some people change a lot, some people don't change at all. We all have to figure it out.

I think that's a human thing, not a Thai thing.

Call the ex a bitch even though she's still looking after the kids, struggling to make ends meet, he's trying to dodge child support whilst paying way too much rent to live by himself because no one else can stand living with him, even other family members.

PLENTY of guys like that back home

Back in the UK, I would certainly have to struggle to make ends meet on my free single mums 15kgbp/pa child tax credit, free 30gbp/week child benefit, free council tax, free housing, free etc..

Pop two kids from any guy/s and live the rest of your life for free. If I could have babies, I'd do it too.

And it would all be your fault (or men like you)!

Edited by BritManToo

Hey Top

I would not use the word "blessed" - just not a religious experience for me, though nothing much is...

But yes, 15 years with a very nice Thai lady and her family, all of whom I respect, in a culture that I enjoy living in because of its differences and I enjoy Thailand and for many reasons. I will note that I do not live anywhere near a tourist destination, and would probably get tired of that quickly if I did.

And most all of my friends out here in the countryside are happily married and enjoy their relaxed lifestyle here.

16 years on the 28th April for me.

So you are trying to tell me the first time you come to thailand you was not a sex tourists come on tell the truth I would say 99% of man come as a sex tourists or to meet a thai lady on a web sit for sex .

But no, I didn't come to Thailand as a sex tourist the first time I visited. I came on a holiday with my girlfriend.

Me neither.

I was sent here to work for 3 months by the company I worked for. I must have done a fair job as they sent me back the following year and I stayed for 4 more years. After I quit I came back and contracted to the same company for 16 months.

On the second trip I fell in love with a Thai lady and eventually I divorced my UK wife and married my Thai lady 16 years ago this month having known her for 7 years before that. We finally made Thailand our home base in 2001 and I carried on working on/offshore for another 8 years.

In the years I worked in Thailand I worked with 50 or 60 farang engineers and to my knowledge NONE of them came to Thailand as sex tourists. At least 25 of those guys subsequently have married Thai ladies and are now based and living in Thailand with families and businesses of their own.

I am sorry to have to explain to you georgemandm that generalisations are meaningless and in my personal knowledge of 50 or 60 other people completely wrong and misguided.

Don't let that bother you with your assertions, just try to remember that one size does NOT fit all.

Me neither.

I was sent here to work for 3 months by the company I worked for. I must have done a fair job as they sent me back the following year and I stayed for 4 more years. After I quit I came back and contracted to the same company for 16 months.

On the second trip I fell in love with a Thai lady and eventually I divorced my UK wife and married my Thai lady 16 years ago this month having known her for 7 years before that. We finally made Thailand our home base in 2001 and I carried on working on/offshore for another 8 years.

In the years I worked in Thailand I worked with 50 or 60 farang engineers and to my knowledge NONE of them came to Thailand as sex tourists. At least 25 of those guys subsequently have married Thai ladies and are now based and living in Thailand with families and businesses of their own.

I am sorry to have to explain to you georgemandm that generalisations are meaningless and in my personal knowledge of 50 or 60 other people completely wrong and misguided.

Don't let that bother you with your assertions, just try to remember that one size does NOT fit all.

Ok happy to read your story good to read it .

But lots come here for the sex I did not mean all of you.

I come for a holiday and I love it .

I can't stand the bars some people on here thing I am a bar person but I am not .

I just say it as I see it but you have changed me a little.

I have lovely thai lady now and we are very happy together but time will till .

I come here for the CHEAP 'risk free' sex, please get it right.

(risk free in the sense that she can't knock out a baby and claim maintenance, or make false accusations and have anyone care)

Thailand has nothing else going for it, that isn't better in Spain or France.

Edited by BritManToo

I come here for the CHEAP 'risk free' sex, please get it right.

(risk free in the sense that she can't knock out a baby and claim maintenance, or make false accusations and have anyone care)

Thailand has nothing else going for it, that isn't better in Spain or France.

Ok if you think like that , up to you , happy for you like everyone dose as they like in thailand , tv is here to give story's about you and everyone .

Me neither.

Whether you knew before you came or after, does it really matter when we "figured it out"? I think what is important is that we do figure it out and then act on it when appropriate.

are you paying for the marraige or is it an equal partnership?

No its unequal she gets about 3-500k a month I bring nothing.................. sorry to spoil your stereotype

Making a pompous quote like this with no evidence is just pompous.

Post up some tax returns so we can have something to believe.

I want to post a few of my opinions that I view as facts. First, a fool and his money are soon parted. That beautiful young woman that you married did NOT marry you because you are a handsome man. Your wife is NOT a piece of property that you can treat anyway you like. If you are not happy here in Thailand, it's doubtful that you would be happy anywhere. As for myself, I am still on my honeymoon. After she has put up with this crotchety old man for twelve years, she may even like me. The most important thing is that I am content. My wife is the type that can't sit still. She has to be doing something. She actively farms and works part time for the electric company. She has planted hundreds of fruit trees over the years. I'm also lucky that I enjoy my own company. She often cooks for me before daylight, puts my food in the microwave then goes to the fields and comes home at dark all muddy with her little butt dragging. I keep hoping that she will slow down but since keeping busy makes her happy, who am I to complain. Life is good.

Is it so hard to believe that a woman can earn more than a man?

Some women can earn more than some men, but it would be very unusual for such a woman to live with such a man.

99% of women are social climbers and/or gold diggers.

Many women prefer to live off a man, others will settle for using a man to enhance their lifestyle.

Some women can earn more than some men, but it would be very unusual for such a woman to live with such a man.

Many women prefer to live off a man, others will settle for using a man to enhance their lifestyle.

Outdated, sexist nonsense.

My wife currently earns more than me, as it happens.

Outdated, sexist nonsense.

If you are not happy here in Thailand, it's doubtful that you would be happy anywhere.

I've never seen anyone post that they are unhappy in Thailand.

As for me

I'm happy in Spain and France, most of the time I'm there.

I'm not so happy in Thailand, but it fulfills a need.

I'm hardly ever happy in the UK because it's cold, wet and a bit boring.

Generally, the more intelligent you are, the less happy you can be.

Simple folk live the happiest lives.

Your imaginary wife has an imaginary well paid job?

Can't imagine any real woman putting up with you for long.

Dude, I'm not the one resorting to sex holidays...

What has that to do with anything?

Edited by BritManToo

Your imaginary wife has an imaginary well paid job?

Can't imagine any real woman putting up with you for long.

Dude, I'm not the one resorting to sex holidays...
What has that to do with anything?

Glass houses.

But bickering aside - do you really find it so hard to believe that in 2016, a woman can sometimes earn her own money?