Departure Card Question.......................

This time when i entered through the new airport, my passport was stamped as usual, with the entry stamp including the arrival date and the date i was admitted untill. As usual, the immigration office kept the arrival card and stapeled the departure card into my passport. However, they stamped the back of my departure card with the same entry stamp and entry date as in my passport, but they did not stamp the admitted untill date on the departure card stamp. I have never paid attention before, but im pretty sure the admitted untill date is suppose to be stamped on the departure card entry stamp as well.........

Should the admitted untill date have been stamped on my departure card?

If so, should I do anything about it?

I assume because the admitted untill date is stamped in my passport it wont matter, when I exit i will just point out that the immigration officer forgot to stamp the date on the departure card, or do you think it will cause problems?

And i went through immigration at the airport at 12:05 am, just after midnight, but I was stamped in on the previous day................ should immigration of stamped me in on the day i entered even though it was only 5 mins into that day?

When I questioned the officer she just said rudely to me "just be happy you have a non o"

very professional...............

1. Should the admitted untill date have been stamped on my departure card?

2. Ad i went through immigration at the airport at 12:05 am, just after midnight, but I was stamped in on the previous day................ should immigration of stamped me in on the day i entered even though it was only 5 mins into that day?

1. No. This is never done. See my card of last December:

post-21260-1162386126_thumb.jpg

2. No. The scheduled arrival time of your flight counts. Even if your flight had been delayed and touched down at 00:05 hours, you would have been stamped in based on the date of scheduled arrival. The same goes for stamping out: the scheduled flight time counts.

---------------

Maestro

Thanks Maestro! I wont worry about it then.............

However, I just had a look at old photo copies of my previous stamps ( I use to carry them on me because I never carry my passport ) and all of the departure cards copiesI found ( 3 out of 4 ) had all had the admitted untill date stamped on them, and they were also signed ( scribbled on ) by the immigration officer. But my latest departure card wasnt admitted untill date stamped or signed................And yes, I have alwasy entered the on the same type of visa, 1 year Non O, so I would of thought all the stamp patterns would be the same.

Also, the word "Non-O" was also written on the previous departure card stamps, but i just realised that is also missing of my latest stamp. At least the stamp in my passport is correct.

Heres a copy of an old stamp of mine that was on a departure card..................

My new stamp is blank, it only has the entry date. That is why I was concerned.

BTW I dont have a scanner, so I had to take a pic. The reason it has a white background is because the stamp was on the back of the departure card and I had to fold it over to take the pic.........

post-27248-1162387991_thumb.jpg

Edited by aussiestyle1983

2. No. The scheduled arrival time of your flight counts. Even if your flight had been delayed and touched down at 00:05 hours, you would have been stamped in based on the date of scheduled arrival. The same goes for stamping out: the scheduled flight time counts.

Are you sure about that? Seems like a nightmare for immigration officers to implement! I means they'd have to check the scheduled arrival time for each passenger and then adjust the date on the stamp accordingly, meaning lots and lots of opportunities for mistakes, as they'd constantly be switching their stamp back-and-forth between the dates for all arrivals around midnight. The law may be as you state, but trying to implement it as such would not be easy. I think in this case the immigration officer just didn't realize that it was the next day yet, and so didn't update her stamp yet.

I also suspect the day of stamp has more to do with change of officer (checking) than the stroke of midnight. As for the date stamp on arrival card my last (3 years ago) did not have date entered and noticed often in the last 6 years or so this happening (at least at airport). Which may have to do with being on an extension of stay so stamp can not be used and would have to write it in.

I have a slightly different departure card question. Because I changed my 30 day entry stamp into a Non Immigrant Visa here in TL, my departure card has been stamped with my former 30 day stamp exit date. When I went to renew my license recently, that freaked them out and I had to explain that I am now on a new visa. When I go to leave Thailand in a year or so at the end of my new Non Immigrant Visa, will my departure card, that clearly has my former departure date stamped on it, negatively affect me???

Well after looking at all the copies of my previous departure card stamps, I can see that there is no pattern ( it almost seems like the immigration officer does what they like when they stamp your departure card ) The only thing they all have in common is that they all have they entry date stamped. Sometimes the admitted untill date is/ isnt stamped, sometimes the visa type is/ isnt written or stamped in, sometimes there is/ isnt the officers little signature. Maybe there is no rule for the immigration officers to follow when stamping the departure card on arrival, unless they dont give a toss because they feel its not important?