Critics: Keeping public in dark about draft charter rejection unfair

webfact

Critics: Keeping Public in Dark About Draft Charter Rejection Unfair
By Pravit Rojanaphruk
Senior Staff Writer

14604587681460458797l.jpg
Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha splashes water on the media Tuesday morning at Government House

BANGKOK — It’s unfair for the junta not to tell the public what Thailand will get if the draft charter gets voted down, say critics. Some add that this is a psychological tactic to persuade the public to opt for the known-quantity, which is the charter draft. Critics differ on whether this constitutes as a shrewd move by the junta or not.

The reactions come after junta-leader-cum-Prime-Minister Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha declined on Monday to spell out what will happen if the charter is rejected in the Aug. 7 referendum. Prayuth said he has the power to decide what to do.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1460458768&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-04-13

I don't think any of this is designed with "fairness" to the population as a priority. It is meant to sustain a deeply unfair traditional approach to governance.

Khakistocracy (from khaki and kakistocracy) is a portmanteau word used to refer to the military rule of a country often in collusion with the elite and business classes. This is primarily done to garner support and to perpetuate the military regime. This has been observed in countries as diverse as Nigeria, Pakistan, Egypt, Portugal, Thailand, Iraq, and North Korea.

Khakistocracy refers to khakis, the tan-green camouflage colour used in most modern army uniforms. It may have originated as anironic pun from kakistocracy, which means government by a nation's worst or least-qualified citizens.[1] [wikipedia]

Edited by tuanku

The PM/NCPO chief said yesterday that if Meechai V. 4.0 (2014/15/16 V. 2.5) fails at referendum that...

"...a new one will be written from scratch and no past charter will be used in its place, said junta chief Prayut Chan-o-cha said on Tuesday. "I'll use the version in my head and heart. I won't use anything else:, he said.
He was on quite a roll yesterday with all sorts of "interesting pronouncements", including comparing women to chocolates, which are both delicate and should remain wrapped. He was also babbling about bowls and medical kits/towels.
Meechai also said yesterday that if "his" charter fails at referendum, Thais should expect something much "tougher".
Edited by mtls2005

The public has nothing to do with anything happening in Thailand all they need to do is pay their taxes shut up don't complain and be total subservient to your military masters as they know what's best for you

I wouldn't worry too much about being kept in the dark , there have been happenings in Thailand that have been reported in the western press that haven't been heard of in Thai , for example the democracy student numbers are much larger than what is depicted by the administration , hackers anonymous has been steadily active shutting down critical computer comms , Prayut -O -Cha wont like rejection and the charter result will indicate the vote for or against a Junta government, not so much the charter , lets face it even these schmucks have a backup plan, just introduce the charter and even if it takes 5 years, they will face the consequences , that's power for U .........................................coffee1.gif

Hehe it is kind of funny to think of P telling everyone he has the power to decide what to do. It's not like he hasn't planned this all out already. He is not so stupid and was a general who is an experienced planner. People should watch carefully at what is said and not said especially in the charter draft and elections if, or when that comes about. My guess is that this leader is not going anywhere soon even with elections. Ohh how I would have love to lead an agent, more so, to lead a country. Power is intoxicating.

Prayut already has an endorsed Provisional Constitution without any referendum.

He alone can have Meechai make some changes to allow a 5-year transitional government appointed by the junta-appointed Senate and delay elections until 2020 in order to complete the military's so-called reforms.

Then have the updated charter approved by the junta-appointed NLA and endorsed into law without any referendum.

Simple.

The PM/NCPO chief said yesterday that if Meechai V. 4.0 (2014/15/16 V. 2.5) fails at referendum that...

"...a new one will be written from scratch and no past charter will be used in its place, said junta chief Prayut Chan-o-cha said on Tuesday. "I'll use the version in my head and heart. I won't use anything else:, he said.
He was on quite a roll yesterday with all sorts of "interesting pronouncements", including comparing women to chocolates, which are both delicate and should remain wrapped. He was also babbling about bowls and medical kits/towels.
Meechai also said yesterday that if "his" charter fails at referendum, Thais should expect something much "tougher".

He was also babbling on about bowls , interesting that he knows that he gives lots of people the Sh!!ts.