Looking for a Bar/restaurant on the Darkside with air-conditioned premises?

Mobi

I am looking for somewhere on the Darkside which has air con premises which would be suitable to have a 'one to one' meeting and have some coffee and lunch in air-con comfort.

Unfortunately, these days I am completely out of touch, as I rarely go out.

Any suggestions, guys?

Thanks,

Mobi

Best friendly sports bar and grill on the darkside, Mobi. It's called "The Blue Moose". It's a large guesthouse, with the Sports Bar & Grill on the first floor. Air con, smoking prohibited indoors. Outdoor patio with tables and overhead fans for smokers. Inside, a large bar area, with tables; plus an area off to one side of the bar with booths & tables; and a pool table area, with a couple more tables. Very comfortable, with a pleasant, international group of regular customers (mostly American, like the owner, but also Canadians, Aussies, and few other nationalities). Two big screen TVs for sports (mostly American sports, but soccer and rugby always available on request). NFL football throughout the season, with all games available via NFL Game Pass. Great breakfast choices, and large menu of lunch/dinner items.

It's located on Soi 9, off of the east end of Soi Khao Noi. Turn left from Khao Noi, between the 7-11 and a motorbike sales place. The Blue Moose is on the right side, about 100 meters up. You can also get there from the Soi Nernplubwarn side, but it's a bit more complicated to explain the back roads unless you know the area.

Try 'Livv restaurant,' fits your requirements but expensive 33/88 Khaotalo 14/1 Alley, Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri 20150, Thailand

Never found the Blue Moose friendly, if that's the Canadian bar next to the car wash, being in 2 times, not impressed

could try the Faux Irish pub, Murphys law I think its called!

Nana Deli was ok on a Sunday, not sure if open during the week but would expect it to be.

plus a dozen bars!

Try 'Livv restaurant,' fits your requirements but expensive 33/88 Khaotalo 14/1 Alley, Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri 20150, Thailand

Never found the Blue Moose friendly, if that's the Canadian bar next to the car wash, being in 2 times, not impressed

Nana Deli was ok on a Sunday, not sure if open during the week but would expect it to be.

plus a dozen bars!

The Blue Moose is an American owned bar, not Canadian. Though, as I said, the customer "base" is mostly American, Canadian, and Aussie. I don't know what attempt you made to be sociable, but I've been a regular customer there for 4 years; and it's never been anything but friendly, from the owner to the regular customers.

I agree on Nana Deli being a good place. It is open every day. I'm not a big fan of the food there. The deli does have some good items to buy, like frozen Indian curries, and other items. Some English canned and packaged goods that I haven't seen elsewhere. Also, "The Players Lounge" is a few doors north of the deli on Nongprue Road. Another place to consider for a meet. Mostly a British crowd there. Air con inside there, as well.

Sorry, it was what I was told and with the Canadian flag on the wall, I thought that was the case, either way not my cup of tea! I understand that after 4 years people will be friendly with you, as I'm sure you have lots of friends in there, but try walking in for the first time and the whole room goes quiet, you say good afternoon and only one Brit who was in replied, but hey, it's no big deal, as I said, not my cup of tea!

Using the term, 'dark side,' might be a poor choice of words!

If you are light sensitive wear sunglasses.

If you are looking for dark sided entertainment, I have no recommendation.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

You will find it here quickly!

Good Luck.

Good Luck.

What was the point of this post?

Was it supposed to be a joke?

Good Luck.

post-207694-0-70031000-1460612106_thumb.

East Pattaya commonly referred to by the locals as The Darkside, is the area of the city across the train tracks on the other side of Sukhumvit Road. The Darkside in Pattaya stretches to highway 36 in the north, Huai Yai Road in the south and Lake Mapbrachan in the east.

plus a dozen bars!

The Blue Moose is an American owned bar, not Canadian. Though, as I said, the customer "base" is mostly American, Canadian, and Aussie. I don't know what attempt you made to be sociable, but I've been a regular customer there for 4 years; and it's never been anything but friendly, from the owner to the regular customers.

I agree on Nana Deli being a good place. It is open every day. I'm not a big fan of the food there. The deli does have some good items to buy, like frozen Indian curries, and other items. Some English canned and packaged goods that I haven't seen elsewhere. Also, "The Players Lounge" is a few doors north of the deli on Nongprue Road. Another place to consider for a meet. Mostly a British crowd there. Air con inside there, as well.

Hey Guys - Let's proclaim a truce and call it a "North American Bar" ...............wai2.gif

Kellys Bar & Grill - Huay Yai Road

Not where I think of as the darkside.

The darkside is everything east of Sukhumvit. Huayyai Road is east of Sukhumvit as is most of Nongplalai and Pong to the north of Mabrachan. The darkside is not just about Soi Siam Country Club, Noenplubwan, Boonsamphan and the Khaonoi and Khaotalo ghettos.

The darkside is everything east of Sukhumvit. Huayyai Road is east of Sukhumvit as is most of Nongplalai and Pong to the north of Mabrachan. The darkside is not just about Soi Siam Country Club, Noenplubwan, Boonsamphan and the Khaonoi and Khaotalo ghettos.

And yet, if you mention the darkside to anyone, Soi Siam CC, Nernplubwan and Khao Noi and Khataolo are the areas where they think you are talking about, I have never heard anyone refer to Huay Yai as the darkside, even though it may well fit into that area.

Mobi,

Kung & Pinkies would suit your needs. Air con , good food at reasonable prices. If heading into town from Mabprachan on Siam Country Club rd turn left at Tue's 2nd hand store ( where the Black Peral bar used to be about 700 m before the x roads ) take another immediate left & the restaurant is there. There is a small sign on SCC rd. Just dont go there on sunday as the place gets very busy with their great sunday lunch.

It may soon become a misnomer. When I first moved out to Pong some 12 years ago it was dark - very dark. As soon as the sun went down, you had to drive carefully as there wasn't a street light anywhere on the Darkside, - especially around the lake, hence the name. The roads were also bad, with no white markings, no signposts and no danger warning signs. The motorcyclists were dropping like flies - including many drunken farangs.

That all changed a few years back when the local authorities put in lights - not very bright lights, but lights nevertheless and upgraded the roads. I now see that they have been laying new cables around the lake and substantial lighting is being installed.

I guess it will always be called the Darkside - but not as we once knew it....

There's been some great suggestions here and I'm spoiled for choice. Some I knew of, but many I didn't. So thanks very much.

This thread has turned out to be quite informative, as by identifying bars and restaurants with air-con premises/rooms, we seem to have excluded the 'dross' and have built up a good list of places that are a little bit more upmarket - suitable for families and business meetings, without being hassled by girls seeking drinks etc.

Nothing wrong with girlie bars - I've spent half my life in them - but it's nice to know there are alternatives, especially in this hot time of year.

plus a dozen bars!

Hey Guys - Let's proclaim a truce and call it a "North American Bar" ...............wai2.gif

No need for a truce. Never was a war. Just a couple of civil disagreements, and a minor error. As I said, The Blue Moose is American owned; but has a diverse customer base, which includes, but is not exclusive to, Americans, Canadians, Aussies and Brits. A mix of Germans, Austrians, Swiss, and other Euros make up a large group of regulars, many of whom are golfers, as the owner, Billy Thompson, runs golf out of there once a week, as well. Lots of Thai wives and GFs also come in for special event parties, etc..

Not sure of the exact name, something like the Aroy restaurant, in a sidestreet about opposite Macro, both times I've eaten there I really enjoyed the food.

I'll second that recommendation. Aroi is an excellent restaurant. Large, comfortable, non-smoking, air con interior. Belgian owner is friendly. Food is good, and reasonably priced. Also a fine selection of Belgian beers, if you're willing to spend a bit. Plenty of the usual beers, as well. Also some great desert choices, if that's your thing.

It's on Soi 89, about 100 meters or less before reaching the RR, if going west, on the left side. Parking is under a shaded tarp directly across the road. No significant traffic to deal with on this road.

Not sure of the exact name, something like the Aroy restaurant, in a sidestreet about opposite Macro, both times I've eaten there I really enjoyed the food.

I'll second that recommendation. Aroi is an excellent restaurant. Large, comfortable, non-smoking, air con interior. Belgian owner is friendly. Food is good, and reasonably priced. Also a fine selection of Belgian beers, if you're willing to spend a bit. Plenty of the usual beers, as well. Also some great desert choices, if that's your thing.

It's on Soi 89, about 100 meters or less before reaching the RR, if going west, on the left side. Parking is under a shaded tarp directly across the road. No significant traffic to deal with on this road.

Dont think Mobi is looking for beer as he is teetotal but otherwise Aroi is good place to meet!

Dont think Mobi is looking for beer as he is teetotal but otherwise Aroi is good place to meet!

True, but the guy I'm meeting may fancy one.

It may soon become a misnomer. When I first moved out to Pong some 12 years ago it was dark - very dark. As soon as the sun went down, you had to drive carefully as there wasn't a street light anywhere on the Darkside, - especially around the lake, hence the name. The roads were also bad, with no white markings, no signposts and no danger warning signs. The motorcyclists were dropping like flies - including many drunken farangs.

That all changed a few years back when the local authorities put in lights - not very bright lights, but lights nevertheless and upgraded the roads. I now see that they have been laying new cables around the lake and substantial lighting is being installed.

I guess it will always be called the Darkside - but not as we once knew it....

Finally it starts to make sense to us the non-Pattaya membership. I believe the 'Dark Side' in Songkhla has a very different connotation...