Patong beach water turns brown, again

snoop1130

Patong beach water turns brown, again
Tanyaluk Sakoot

post-249866-0-63662800-1460546363_thumb.
Marine experts have collected samples of the water at Patong Beach for testing. Photo: Darawan Naknakhon

PHUKET: -- Marine scientists have collected water samples from Patong Beach for testing after a large tract of beach water more than a kilometre long turned brown there yesterday (Apr 12).

The stretch of brown water ran from the Pak Bang Canal at the southern end of the beach to offshore from the Police Box at the end of Bangla Rd.

“We collected water samples after we were informed of the brown water returning yesterday,” said Suphasit Boonpeinphol of the Phuket Marine Biological Centre (PMBC).

“It is similar to last time,” he added. “The cause might be from a plankton bloom, as the standard tests we did on the samples collected show the water quality is normal.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/patong-beach-water-turns-brown-again-57020.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-04-13

This is a true story

An Italian water expert was hired to check out the water quality at Patong be3ach many years ago. When asked how the test turned out, he replied: I would not even put my boat in this water.

If you look on Google Earth, sometimes, you can se miscoloring of the water at Patong up to a kilometer from the shore. And yes, the water is brown because it is mixed with wastewater from all the hotels at the beach. Pure excrements.

This is a true story

An Italian water expert was hired to check out the water quality at Patong be3ach many years ago. When asked how the test turned out, he replied: I would not even put my boat in this water.

If you look on Google Earth, sometimes, you can se miscoloring of the water at Patong up to a kilometer from the shore. And yes, the water is brown because it is mixed with wastewater from all the hotels at the beach. Pure excrements.

Links to this alleged 'Italian Experts" report can be found where ?

The story is only "True" if proven to be so .

This is a true story

still confused why so many expats live in patong, especially retired expats.

All of them always have an excuse for the water.

Plankton bloom is quite common in the tropics.

In a river system you can often see fish on the surface trying to breath air, the plankton causes a rapid reduction in water oxygen. Quite handy if you want a feed of fish easily caught.

Archived