Nightclub owner 'jumps to death' in middle of five star hotel lobby in Bangkok

webfact

Nightclub owner 'jumps to death' in middle of five star hotel lobby in Bangkok

kl.jpg
Image: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- Tourists and locals reeled in horror as a man fell from the twelfth floor killing himself in a busy downtown Bangkok hotel lobby on Wednesday.

The man was only named as Monkhon, aged 67, and is believed to be a well known owner of a night club in the Rachada area of Bangkok, Daily News reports.

The luxury hotel in Huay Kwang was not named. Hotel staff rushed to cover the shattered body with a sheet as patrons of the hotel looked on aghast.

He was wearing a white polo shirt and sports trousers but no shoes. He was initially believed be of Chinese origin.

Witnesses said that the man arrived by taxi but did not check into the hotel, instead going up in the lift to the 12th floor before jumping.

Huay Kwang police said there was no evidence at this stage to suggest why the man might have jumped. Investigations are continuing.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-14

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or.. maybe the hotel belongs to one of his competitors... Ratchada 'night club' owner. I highly doubt it's a club on RCA and more likely one right opposite or next to the hotel he 'jumped' from. RIP

Maybe? Maybe not? Hmm. Yes. No. Apparently. Certainly.

Thankfully he landed on no one...

Unfortunately, one day it will happen sad.png

That's why in Europe or Japan they would have nets ..

In malls like the MBK the railing at the escalators is also very low, i'm surprised people don't fall off them often.

Tragically, that's happened dozens of times around the world.

Maybe time to make building owners responsible for taking action to reduce the risk, the low railings and escalators at some malls really scare me. time for some action.

That's why in Europe or Japan they would have nets ..

In malls like the MBK the railing at the escalators is also very low, i'm surprised people don't fall off them often.

That's right, I may be abnormally tall but the damn thing barely comes over my knee, and being afraid of heights I am terrified to go on those things, I somehow doubt this short conversation is going to help that matter though, it's making me feel sick now and I am sitting by the pool!

I think I know this guy. He used to own a karaoke place and would go out almost every night. Usually solo and usually throwing big money around. Wore gold chains like Mr T and I could barely understand what the guy said due to the way he spoke.

Edit - He looked very Chinese so I guess that's why they thought he was from there at first.

Edited by Crash999

I think I know this guy. He used to own a karaoke place and would go out almost every night. Usually solo and usually throwing big money around. Wore gold chains like Mr T and I could barely understand what the guy said due to the way he spoke.

Edit - He looked very Chinese so I guess that's why they thought he was from there at first.

Easy come, and easy go.