Vintage Edison Retro Light Bulbs

luther

Local hipster high priced items.. Well photographed and looking good...

https://www.facebook.com/bangkoklights/

http://www.bangkoklights.com/

However if your after many, or the larger 'statement' style bulbs.. they seem FAR cheaper to order from chinese suppliers Aliexpress and banggood both have 100s of them.

I too like them and had it bookmarked for a project.

Incandescent light bulbs are so 20th Century, but they're great if you like wasting electricity and paying a larger electric bill. Ever wonder why these bulbs get so hot? That heat is wasted electricity that's been turned into heat instead of light.

Incandescent light bulbs are so 20th Century, but they're great if you like wasting electricity and paying a larger electric bill. Ever wonder why these bulbs get so hot? That heat is wasted electricity that's been turned into heat instead of light.

Which is why your using only a few as design / statement pieces..

I expect they use about a single digit percentage as much as a pool pump or badly maintained airco

Lots of light and lamp stores around town. Saw these bulbs in a restaurant at the beach so I know they are available in Thailand.

Anyone seen these bulbs for sale at a specific store in Chiang Mai?

I have lots of these throught my place, (only led versions though) I have seen some of them available at most of the big diy place homepro etc, but I find that lamptitude has the best selection of various sizes and shapes, all of theae types of bulbs at lamptitude have a 1 year guarantee too. I handmake all my own iterior Light and lamps and always use these led edison bulbs, I like the vintage/industrial style look which is in sync with the style of lights and lamps I make, I have been running these bulbs for a lot of ours on a regular basis and have had no problems yet, I did buy 2 small led edison bulbs at homepro a couple of weeks ago and they Re running fine but also carry a 1 year guarantee too should they break before hand.

Hope this helps.

Edited by tyler2208

They are Chinese and probably last 10 hours or so. I saw them for sale at the Soi 1 Festival in December - starting from 1500 each on up.

But you can order them direct from China on-line for a whole lot less.

1500 UP !!!!!!!------------ Look around $2-75 up to $5-60 HaHaclap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Boonthavorn!

What a store. Massive. As big as four Home Sukkapans. The best selection of lighting and tiles and furniture I have seen in Chiang Mai. It's on the super highway about a milometer before you hit 121.