Weight Bench Where To Buy..

LivinLOS

Anyone seen where I could buy a simple incline bench with those spotters (whatever you call those supports)..

I thought I had seen them in either Lotus, Big C, or the sports shop in central but they dont have a basic item (or long bars) only huge multi gym things, treadmills, rowing style, etc..

Simple incline bench and long bars and large weight plates wanted.. Dont want to spend much.. Shouldnt be expensive..

i have seen a weight bench in Supersport in Central Festival. You could also try the one on the top floor of Robinsons. If they dont have it you can order it from a catalogue. I think a plain vanilla bench was about 4,000 baht last time i asked, not sure if it comes with the support pillars though.

There's a professional fitness dealer in Phuket Town, on the big road, right outside the bus station. It's a small shop directly across the street from the entrance to the bus station (last time I checked, about a year ago). Sorry, can't remember the name. They sell weight sets, machines, and benches. They've got several types. The quality seems pretty good. A bit pricey though.

You can get the long bar (you mean, barbell?) from the sport shop in Central. You'll have to spend a bit for the weights though. They sell little plates, not the big 45lbs.

• 7 months later...
does anyone else have other suggestions/recommendations?

I looked high and low for months and finally found a good bench (and the only one I could find) at Carrefour in Jungceylon that I bought in March for around 2100 baht. Go to the top floor to the back where the sports stuff is. It's a very good bench: supports to hold a bar; the bench can be inclined for incline bench presses; there's an attachment for doing flyes for chest; and there's a leg attachment at the other end to do leg curls and leg extensions. A great buy. If it's not on the display floor, I'm sure it's orderable.

The super sports stores at Phuket Festival and at Jungceylon (half of the 2nd floor of one building) are absolute jokes for weight equipment. Who the hel_l is going to use all that aerobic equipment?