Brexit: politicians for and against

rooster59

Sturgeon once again threatens this and that to push her own agenda. Lies to the Scottish people when she lost, has no respect for democracy and tries to link unconnected things for her own ends. Wish someone would shut this wee demented pixie up and put her in her place. Whines on about the benefits of leaving the Union, as she sees them, but wants to be dictated to by the EU and be part of a federal state. Oh, really.

She is the leader of the party that trounced every single other party in Scotland in the last UK election, and is on course to do the same again next month in the election for the Scottish Parliament. Clearly she has a mandate to speak up for those who elected her, despite your unashamed misogyny. As the SNP has been consistent in its intent to campaign to remain in the EU, she is entirely within her right to continue to campaign for it. If there was appetite for Brexit in Scotland, UKIP wouldn't be the utterly pathetic shambles that they are in Scotland.

Personally, I am coming round to hoping for a Brexit, but only because shortly after that I hope for the UK to become history too.

I agree with much of what you say, however do not think that UKIP are irrelevant in Scotland,in spite of the antics of the tartan brown shirts on Nigel Farages last visit.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1460902183.648176.jpg

To be honest, he is one of the few politicians I find genuine and likeable. I am not sure about the message but I get the feeling that he is not a bad bloke. I like the irony of your referring to those who oppose UKIP as brownshirts!

Dodgy Dave says stay in, well that must be right then...

I tend to agree. If the Panama Papers had not disclosed his Financial interests, would he have come forward and been open about it; I think not! He wants to stay in as it benefits his position? He may have to resign if the vote goes against him.

But personally as I live and have lived away from the UK for many years (except for visiting for a few months a year) I feel I am being hypocritical as I shall not vote and whatever the outcome; will have to live with it.

All British politicians are for staying in the EU, because they all want a share of the EU trough.

I think that there are one or two for Brexit, but that aside, how does an MP directly benefit from the largesse or otherwise of Europe?

Jobs for his family members, job for him when no longer electable as a British MP (EU or UN will sort them out).

What's Tony Blair doing now? How about Neil Kinnock?

All British politicians are for staying in the EU, because they all want a share of the EU trough.

I think that there are one or two for Brexit, but that aside, how does an MP directly benefit from the largesse or otherwise of Europe?

Jobs for his family members, job for him when no longer electable as a British MP (EU or UN will sort them out).

Well Blair is busy whoring himself out to the world's less appealing dictators so I am not sure if the EU has any part to play there. As for Kinnock etc., it is a personality weakness that makes these people crave power. He would invariably turn up somewhere else in public life if the EU wasn't there.

Edited by RuamRudy

Well Blair is busy whoring himself out to the world's less appealing dictators so I am not sure if the EU has any part to play there. As for Kinnock etc., it is a personality weakness that makes these people crave power. He would invariably turn up somewhere else in public life if the EU wasn't there.

I agree for some reason ex Prime Ministers appear to get friendly with the most unsavory people, one recalls Thatcher's friendship with Pinochet. Her son was also on the fringe whenever some trade deal was being negotiated. Alas power does corrupt.

I agree for some reason ex Prime Ministers appear to get friendly with the most unsavory people, one recalls Thatcher's friendship with Pinochet. Her son was also on the fringe whenever some trade deal was being negotiated. Alas power does corrupt.

Thatchers son was completely innocent in the Equitorial Guinea Coup. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

He was only providing financial support for an air ambulance and somehow managed to get lost on a car rally at the same time whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Not to mention Jack Straw's involvement.

The UK is intimately connected to mainland Europe for better or for the worse. However, given that the British have always pride themselves to be able to ‘punch above their own weight’ in international affairs it would follows that they will be better off by electing to withdraw from the EU.

The British would be freed from the ‘shackles’ of Brussels autocratic rules on matters pertaining to European interests that every often clashed with the UK’s national interests. An amicable departure that still retains a fair degrees of goodwill with the rest of the EU members is far better than enforced rapture in relationship due to an unforeseen event beyond everyone’s control.

The UK can still play an important role in Europe by positioning themselves as a key / special partner of the EU on all matters pertaining to economic, commerce, finance, military and other social issues vital to both parties. Furthermore, the UK can have the best of both worlds by renegotiating every aspect of their close relationships that would best benefit the people of UK. This is basically a strategic retreat that tactically favors the UK in the long run.

The UK is intimately connected to mainland Europe for better or for the worse. However, given that the British have always pride themselves to be able to ‘punch above their own weight’ in international affairs it would follows that they will be better off by electing to withdraw from the EU.

The British would be freed from the ‘shackles’ of Brussels autocratic rules on matters pertaining to European interests that every often clashed with the UK’s national interests. An amicable departure that still retains a fair degrees of goodwill with the rest of the EU members is far better than enforced rapture in relationship due to an unforeseen event beyond everyone’s control.

The UK can still play an important role in Europe by positioning themselves as a key / special partner of the EU on all matters pertaining to economic, commerce, finance, military and other social issues vital to both parties. Furthermore, the UK can have the best of both worlds by renegotiating every aspect of their close relationships that would best benefit the people of UK. The UK’s departure from the EU is in name only; in substance, the UK will still play an important role in Europe. This is basically a strategic retreat that tactically favors the UK in the long run.

• 4 weeks later...

The Brexit is all about Brit national pride and the longing for the Empire days.

But the only Brits who will benefit from Brexit will be holders of gold.

The baht will rise against the pound making Brit expats cost of living higher.

The lowest I have seen the GBP was 31/Baht, the highest 99/Baht

..... work that one out Einstein.