Playstation 3

King Dong

Anyone have an idea? :o

PS3 Availability

Sony have confirmed that there will be 500,000 PS3 consoles available at launch.

100 Thousand PS3 in Japan/Asia

400 Thousand PS3 in USA

Sony hope to have shipped a total of 2 million PlayStation3 consoles before Dec 31st 2006 and 6 million by 1st April 2007. They have warned not to expect this many actually available for sale, as they take time to get from the factory to the retailers.

Shortages in components that are needed to make the game console mean that these numbers are constantly changing and should therefore be used only as a guide.

Playstation 3 Release Date

November 17th 2006 is the launch date for the PlayStation 3 game console in the following areas:

USA

November 11th 2006 is the PS3 launch date in the following areas:

JAPAN

March 2007 is the launch date for the PlayStation3 game console in the following areas:

EUROPE

AUSTRALIA

RUSSIA

MIDDLE EAST

AFRICA

Source http://www.absolute-playstation.com/ps3/pl...ion-3-price.htm

Seeing as Japan are only getting 80,000 PS3s' at launch I would say the chances are pretty slim of them being available here this year

If any do make it through expect to pay US$1000 plus I reckon!

Best bet is to get a Wii as these should be available pretty easily as there are millions of these at launch. That's what I'm going to do anyways

Wii is not as powerful as PS3 but I bet it will be much more fun

When the PS3 launches there are really only 2 good games that are exclusive - resistance and ridge racer

The Wii has more than 8 exclusive AAA games that I will be getting at Launch (Zelda being #1)

80,000 PS3's vs. 4,000,000 Wii's - Sony is going to have a hard time with their PS3

Think about these:

-Average user won't notice the differnce between a Xbox 360 and PS3

-PS3 -600 usd - you can buy a xbox and a Wii for that price - HD gaming and family fun.

-A HD TV is a MUST if you get a PS3 (or xbox) so if you don't have one, it's not for you.

The PS3 will sell.. but not to the mainstream. The Wii will far outsell the PS3.

Sony is going down....

Good PS3 coverage