Where would you like to be right now?

sipi

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to be sitting on a beach in the Med, with a chunk of fresh bread, a wedge of strong cheese and a bottle of local wine.

Next month, I will be there.

Too hot here, and the smog is way too thick.

On a similar wave length , right now shopping at Super U in Northern France for fresh baguettes , 6 different cheeses , pate and a bottle of red for my lunch. I don't miss much in England but I do miss going to France every year for a holiday.

Aren't those Super U baguettes industrially produced? Why not enjoy a hand-made baguette from a local boulangerie/patisserie to go with your delicious food?

Yep. ok Now I remember the markets with the rotisseries and the chickens cooking and the fat running on to the potatoes underneath , a bag to take back to the caravan ...to have with cheese and that bottle of red. Oh yes !

Only 2 places:

either my hometown of Hamburg/ Germany aka the most beautiful town in the World...or in Khao Lak, the best and most relaxed place in Thailand!

I've been to Hamburg, you need to get out more.

They asked ME, where I want to be!

So please...shut up!

Only 2 places:

either my hometown of Hamburg/ Germany aka the most beautiful town in the World...or in Khao Lak, the best and most relaxed place in Thailand!

So please...shut up!

Correct. They asked you, where you wanted to be.

I did not see anything in the OP, however, asking for your description of the said place, so Hamburg would have been suffice.

By adding your opinion of the place, you leave yourself open to comments from people who disagree.

Only 2 places:

So please...shut up!

I think I'd like to go somewhere that people didn't respond to critical comments by shouting.

A log cabin in the mountains in a country that has a winter,have had enough of the tropics,and more than enough of Thailand.

4 weeks of bone chilling cold and the novelty wears off..

11 months a year of sweltering heat , wears off after 4 weeks too.

A log cabin in the mountains in a country that has a winter,have had enough of the tropics,and more than enough of Thailand.

4 weeks of bone chilling cold and the novelty wears off..

11 months a year of sweltering heat , wears off after 4 weeks too.

Tropics will always win out. Especially with the ageing expats in Thailand , 80% seem to have a limp = pain which will be100x worse in bone chilling cold. you know Im right...

Edited by mcfish

• 3 weeks later...

Back in 1976.........try again, and not make the same mistakes biggrin.png

2009. Bangkok. I wouldn't make the same mistake again. :(

Edited by EmptyHead