Is it possible to find true love in Pattaya?

The hottest girls do tend to end up in places like pattaya though.

Absolutely untrue. If you really believe this, then you have no idea what Thailand is about. The most desperate girls end up in Pattaya.

Absolutely untrue? I have no idea what Thailand is about do I? Really

By all means, grace us all with your wisdom of what Thailand is all about then

The prettiest girls get the most attention from guys, places like pattaya they can earn the most money, fact of life.

Theres more hot ones per square kilometre in pattaya than anywhere else. Walk around the middle of Bangkok and my eyes dont pop out of my head as often as when Im in Pattaya, and Im not talking about lack of clothing, Im talking about head turning stunners

As for anywhere thats not Bangkok or the Tourist areas, Nowhereofanyconsequancechaburi, meh, whats to know?, temple here, rice field there, tesco, oh look another temple, market, rice field, temple

You said "Theres more hot ones per square kilometre in pattaya than anywhere else. Walk around the middle of Bangkok and my eyes dont pop out of my head as often as when Im in Pattaya, " Do you consider Patpong the middle of Bangkok? try walking around Siam Paragon area where Hi-so's shop or Central Ladprao or Central Rama 9 . There are plenty of stunning Thai women and college girls not Pattaya hookers. If your 110 kilo wearing shorts and flip flops don't expect them to talk to you even though the Hi-so and college girls can speak english. Many of the upscale niteclubs in Bangkok have striking young ladies but the dress code is no shorts, short sleeve shirts or sandals and prices may be a little stiff for an average farang blue collar worker or retiree on a pension.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't find true love, you find a partner. Then you build a lasting love together. Lots of women in Pattaya, no problem there. The likelihood of lasting a lifetime grow slimmer though if you are different in socio-economic status, culture, education, and age. Lots of the relationships in Pattaya have wide chasms for each of these to overcome. Not impossible, but tremendously challenging I would imagine.

The chances of love lasting a life time?

Don't think that happens anywhere these days. Unless one of you has a m/c accident.

Anyway, all the foreigners I meet in Thailand are the same socioeconomic status as their bar girls.

A plumber from Bolton and a farm girl from Issan, not much difference.

Don't think I've met any western expat with a degree.

Obviously, you're projecting, re: your own life circumstance with "A plumber from Bolton and a farm girl from Issan, not much difference."

Considering your general attitude (observed thus far, on the TVF), I'd be totally surprised if you had "met any western expat with a degree", particularly so, in the real world of the LoS.

Phew!coffee1.gif

Edited by TuskegeeBen

You don't find true love, you find a partner. Then you build a lasting love together. Lots of women in Pattaya, no problem there. The likelihood of lasting a lifetime grow slimmer though if you are different in socio-economic status, culture, education, and age. Lots of the relationships in Pattaya have wide chasms for each of these to overcome. Not impossible, but tremendously challenging I would imagine.

Don't think that happens anywhere these days. Unless one of you has a m/c accident.

Anyway, all the foreigners I meet in Thailand are the same socioeconomic status as their bar girls.

Obviously, you're projecting, re: your own life circumstance with "A plumber from Bolton and a farm girl from Issan, not much difference."

Considering your general attitude (observed thus far, on the TVF), I'd be totally surprised if you had "met any western expat with a degree", particularly so, in the real world of the LoS.

Phew!coffee1.gif

Edited by TuskegeeBen

I have a degree. So do most of the expats I know.

After all my years spent on earth I think I have a degree to. I must apply for the diploma one of these days before I expire. At present degrees are driving me crazy I think the thermometer is lying by a couple degrees. Your welcome to take my comments to any degree you wish. We all agree to disagree to some extent thats the degree of human nature. Are we agreed?

I have a degree and it has been useless.

Degree in "post modern feminist dance and arts"?

Intelligence in a partner is something to be valued, not feared - unless you're afraid your own intellect leaves you at a disadvantage.

"...you're afraid your own intellect leaves you at a disadvantage. "

Or if in you're in over your head and your "intellect" is unable to detect who's the cat and who's the mouse in the equation.

As to the original question, I wonder how many of those couples the O/P sees about in Pattaya are seeking true love. On either side, they may be seeking companionship, security, an ego boost, material gain, sex, comfort, belonging etc. How many people anywhere in the world find true, enduring, unquestionable love? It would seem obvious that those who come searching for whatever it is they want in Thailand, have failed to find it in the US, Australia, Europe or elsewhere. If they find something here that makes them happy for awhile, so be it.

One wonders what the O/P himself is trying to find and why he's so intent on bursting other people's balloons. Teenage girls may be on the hunt for true love. If they think they've found it, they're often delusional. For the rest of us, we become more pragmatic once we learn that unicorns & faeries are hard to find and harder to catch. That's why people go to Disneyland ... or Pattaya.

Well put.