Motorcycle Rider Plummets from Pattaya’s Bali Hai Bridge

rooster59

Motorcycle Rider Plummets from Pattaya’s Bali Hai Bridge

post-247607-0-34171300-1460816139_thumb.

PATTAYA: Police were called to the scene of a motorcycle accident at Bali Hai Bridge in South Pattaya at 08:45 this Saturday 16th morning.

Pattaya Police Lieutenant Chorpaka Preuksachat stated that he arrived at the scene to find Miss Supissara Wongarun, 24, from Sattahip, had fallen from the 6 meter high bridge after her Yamaha RB 320 CC motorbike hit the side railings.

The motorbike and railings both had scrape marks and witnesses said they saw the lady driving at high speed towards Pattaya Sai 3. They also mentioned to police that the victim’s vehicle was swerving as if the driver may have been intoxicated.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/223016/motorcycle-rider-plummets-from-pattayas-bali-hai-bridge/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-04-16

Looking at the video, note how the helmet falls separate from the victim. Positive was that there was a helmet (at all) but unless it is strapped properly, it is of little use. I would say she bumped her head pretty bad in the fall. With the helmet, maybe no coma and probable recovery?

Looking at the video, note how the helmet falls separate from the victim. Positive was that there was a helmet (at all) but unless it is strapped properly, it is of little use. I would say she bumped her head pretty bad in the fall. With the helmet, maybe no coma and probable recovery?

As with so many, the helmet most like was in the basket at the front of the motorcycle reason the helmet came flying down long before the body.

A car cam registered the fall from below.

Warning: maybe not for everyone eyes sad.png

Are motorcycles allowed on that flyover???

Flyovers usually do not allow motorcycles - not that that makes any differeence with a Thai or for that matter certain farangs - they are not allowed on flyovers because of the danger of getting tangled up with a 22-wheeler that either the motorcyclist is trying to pass or the 22-wheeler tries to pass the motorcyclist.

Yes they are, or at least there is nothing, no sign, to say otherwise.

I used it many time on my motorbike. It's a long and large one though, with 2 lines (both ways) and 2 emergency lines). It can be dangerous if you go too fast, as it's a double "S" going up and down and you often have the wind pushing you laterally.

RIP sad.png

As you can see its one of those cheap plastic helmets, //

You can see that on this video? Really??

What I (may) see is that it's at least a 3/4 helmet (open-face), maybe a full-face,

and not one of these many half-helmets that many drivers have... in their front basket sad.png

What I also observe, is that this helmet didn't broke (apparently) from this fall

Whatever kind of helmet it was, wearing it correctly could have save her...

Yes they are, or at least there is nothing, no sign, to say otherwise.

I used it many time on my motorbike. It's a long and large one though, with 2 lines (both ways) and 2 emergency lines). It can be dangerous if you go too fast, as it's a double "S" going up and down and you often have the wind pushing you laterally.

RIP sad.png

I'm sure you're correct and that it is perfectly safe if you ride sensibly.

However, the flyover on Suk onto the motorway is definitely 'non motorcycle' and the sign has been there for some time. No one seems to take any notice of course, and I'm not surprised. as it is so difficult now to get across Suk with all the roadworks.