Village venting

Dakling

Yeah, been here a long time already and normally shit like this is water off a ducks back but for some reason this one did my head in. Thought posting it as a vent was better than acting out on it in real life.

At the end of the day the whole thing only cost be about 2,500 baht but the money was trivial compared to the high blood pressure.

• Like 2

Never a dull moment.

Save a seat in the shade of a tree and I'll bring along some more cold beers. After a saga like that, you wouldn't want to also end up with a 'dry' esky/cooler/chilly bin.

• Like 2

I get the feeling some of the original episode was well planned before the event.... and your wife was committed to go along with it.

Have surely had similar here and at greater expense.

Always bugs me when they try and repair again the same problem with the same fix that did not work the first time...

good luck to you and all of us...

• Like 1

My God! You are a very patient man!

he's not patient, he's a saint!

st dakling the patron saint of farangs suffering from the issan mental road block

lie in your hammock in the shade, forget it happened, i think every farang in issan would have done this.

• Like 2

My God! You are a very patient man!

he's not patient, he's a saint!

st dakling the patron saint of farangs suffering from the issan mental road block

lie in your hammock in the shade, forget it happened, i think every farang in issan would have done this.

I think my tactic would have been to feign great pain saying: 'kor tot krap' ....'pom mai sabai krap'.....'kor tot krap'....'<deleted> off and come back tomorrow krap',

(Sorry Im feeling very unwell and cannot deal with this now...... please <deleted> off and come back tomorrow). Then after they go make a miraculous recovery and go buy the down hole pump to test the well next day and prove it is OK.....But I know that hindsight is a fine thing.

• Like 2

Bloody Blimey, I thought I was struggling to get my fiendish farang ways understood, but my problems pale into insignificance compared to the OP's situation. The only person I had to overcome was the girlfriends father, and he doesn't come round much since I dug up his sh1t concrete, with bits of ceramic tile embedded in it.

The only thing that frustrates me is the inordinate length of time between me asking for something and anything being done about it, no one seems in a rush to do anything around here.

Part of the problem is her indoors thinking that my projects are crazy farang stuff and a waste of my money. She would rather be inconvenienced than spend 500 Baht. A classic case is the truck load of water we're having delivered tomorrow; it's taken three trips to her father's farm in a pickup with three 250 litre barrels and the associated hard Labour every time we need to fill our water tanks.

Not tomorrow, but the next tomorrow we're getting our well drilled, so it looks as though I'm doing a lot better than you.

Edited by ThaiKneeTim
  • Like 1

Not tomorrow, but the next tomorrow we're getting our well drilled, so it looks as though I'm doing a lot better than you.

Maybe, then again my whole problem was related to well drilling. You may have jinxed yourself.

Maybe, then again my whole problem was related to well drilling. You may have jinxed yourself.

But I won't have a village committee offering their wisdom, and there is no mother in law to worry about.

• Like 2

you could have lifetime of water drilling experience in the rest of the world, backed with degrees in engineneering and earth sciences.

Oddly enough I do have a degree in engineering and have worked in mining and oil and gas for most of my adult life......Stands for little once a few of the puyai get involved.

• Like 1

you could have lifetime of water drilling experience in the rest of the world, backed with degrees in engineneering and earth sciences.

Oddly enough I do have a degree in engineering and have worked in mining and oil and gas for most of my adult life......Stands for little once a few of the puyai get involved.

puck me, you are a very patient man

as we know a farang knows nothing once he crosses the korat line

i fixed the neighbours electric car window once, it took 15 minutes to do, but took 2 hours of issan discussion to let me do it.

worst thing was i fixed the same problem on my wife's car in australia a month before.

Stands for little once a few of the puyai get involved.

Like many very stupid people, the Thai are mainly experts at everything. They know everything, and are the best at everything.

just pat them on the head, as you would a 5 year old child that informs you of their brilliance. :)

coffee1.gif

• Like 2

The obvious answer being, don't pay for shit you don't need.

1 the feast

2 the well

3 the wife that doesn't listen

I'm thinking you were footing the bill for it all?

As for Thais being stupid, they all got a feast and probably a kickback from the well diggers.

Not to mention a Thai lady who didn't listen to her Thai husband would often have been beaten until she did.

Edited by BritManToo

Like many very stupid people, the Thai are mainly experts at everything. They know everything, and are the best at everything.

Still, my hat's off to a 4th grade graduate living in a house and driving a car funded collectively by 4 or 5 of the most educated men in the world.

Who, of course, know nothing about each other- or her brother who lives in the house with her.

• Like 2

As for Thais being stupid, they all got a feast and probably a kickback from the well diggers.

Not to mention a Thai lady who didn't listen to her Thai husband would often have been beaten until she did.

Answering in order....

1. No, I paid for half the well, the MIL paid for the other half.

As for Thais being stupid, they all got a feast

2. Yes, the family got a feast but I only paid for 1/2 and it was planned a few days in advance.

and probably a kickback from the well diggers.

3. No, there was no kickback, even if you think there was one and I simply didn't know there was so little money involved it would have been trivial. Also the well diggers weren't pleased at being called back out, I don't think there was any collusion.

4. I hope you are not suggesting that this would be an appropriate response.

^^

No I'm suggesting you are allowing the 'stupid Thais' to manipulate you the 'intelligent foreigner'.

Let them pay for everything they want, and you pay for everything you want.

That way, you don't get so angry and frustrated with those around you. It works for me.

There are people on here suggesting you were'put over one". I do not think so'

I have experienced as much as you in the building of the house and there is nothing one can do once they ...the bunch of people ...convince your partner/wife.

As I understand it you do not have a solution? Yes you may not come back to these posts but if you do, I suggest you put a bore down rather than a well!

I was lucky and I got a bore put down 34 meters. It was not expensive and sure you need a submersible pump with the contractor supples with the electrics and all.

Sure I didn't go through what you had to but you still need to solve your water problem. Ring this guy because he goes every where from KK province.

He is AutoMan phone number is ...043-312-137, and 089-841-6720. I get no commission but his team can put a bore down anywhere and it will bring up water

You are looking at 50,000 baht though at least

Best regards