Summer thunderstorm warning during April 18-21

webfact

Summer thunderstorm warning during April 18-21

13016378_10154145009578637_362956493_o_S

BANGKOK: -- People in several northern, northeastern, central and eastern provinces have been warned to brace for possible summer thunderstorm and gusty winds probably with hails from today until Thursday.

The provinces likely to be hit by the freak storm include Chiang Rai, Phayao, Nan, Uttradit, Petchabun, Loei, Nong Bua Lam Phu, Udon Thani, Khon Kaen, Nong Khai, Bung Karn, Sakon Nakhon, Nakhon Phanom, Mukdahan, Amnart Charoen, Ubon Ratchathani, Prachin Buri Sa Kaeo, Chachoengtsao, Chanthaburi, Trat, Chai Nat, Nakhon Sawan, Lop Buri and Saraburi, said the Meteorological Department.

The department attributed the freak summer storm to high pressure from China which is bringing cold air into the four regions already affected by hot weather.

People in the affected areas are warned to stay away from unstable buildings which may collapse as a result of gusty winds.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/159930

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-04-18

So , now lookin on the map....Chiang Rai, Phayao, Nan, Uttradit .... but Phrae in the middle no thunderstorms ? Clear case of discrimination agains Phrae !laugh.png

Thunder rumbling above my head in Phrae but sadly no rain or wind yet.

So , now lookin on the map....Chiang Rai, Phayao, Nan, Uttradit .... but Phrae in the middle no thunderstorms ? Clear case of discrimination agains Phrae !laugh.png

Well if you insist on living there....smile.png

Yep, the wind cleared a lot of dust, but added blossom from the trees. A little bit of rain, but not enough to run to the guttering, unfortunately!

Heard the distant thunder, but it passed us by again. Never mind, maybe tonight we'll get our share of the rain.

Meanwhile I'm enjoying the cool evening with an even cooler beer!

Cheers!

We had a violent thunderstorm in our village near Nong Rua (about 50 km west of Khon Kaen) on Friday evening. I'd say 50 or 60 knot winds and heavy rain for about an hour. Some trees down, some roof damage. The water soaked in and dried up by 10:00 the next morning. Had some more today on the highway leading out of Khon Kaen. Bring on the rain. Temperature dropped 15 degrees C in ten minutes. We're back to hot now.

Not one sign of a weather change and we're on our way to the swimming pool. Heading there, all in a sudden dark clouds were following us.

When we arrived the shitt started and pieces of wood flew around from everywhere.Pool closed, okay book the damn online ticket at the pool place, so I started to log into airasia, wusshh more winds and the electricity was gone.

Half a tree then sitting on my truck, after freeing it, we drove home doing the booking. Fraaag !! The whole area was out of electricity.

And all I wanted was a few drops of rain. And Sisaket wasn't even on their list. Moddafragggaass...<.,,. :"_0*() blink.pngbah.gifsmile.pngfacepalm.gifsad.png

Edited by lostinisaan

Not one sign of a weather change and we're on our way to the swimming pool. Heading there, all in a sudden dark clouds were following us.

When we arrived the shitt started and pieces of wood flew around from everywhere.Pool closed, okay book the damn online ticket at the pool place, so I started to log into airasia, wusshh more winds and the electricity was gone.

Half a tree then sitting on my truck, after freeing it, we drove home doing the booking. Fraaag !! The whole area was out of electricity.

And all I wanted was a few drops of rain. And Sisaket wasn't even on their list. Moddafragggaass...<.,,. :"_0*() blink.pngbah.gifsmile.pngfacepalm.gifsad.png

One of the wonders of Thailand, the weather can change at the drop of a hat.

In the UK the weather is subject to EU and UK regulations,as well as Health and Safety guidelines. Thunderstorms are only allowed 6 times a year and even then raindrops are not allowed to exceed 1.5 cm. All in the interest of consumer protection.

In the UK the weather is subject to EU and UK regulations,as well as Health and Safety guidelines. Thunderstorms are only allowed 6 times a year and even then raindrops are not allowed to exceed 1.5 cm. All in the interest of consumer protection.

The UK weather is, nowadays, similar to that of Eastern Europe, due to the many, invited and uninvited, guests from there, arriving in droves.

The UK weather is, nowadays, similar to that of Eastern Europe, due to the many, invited and uninvited, guests from there, arriving in droves.

So let's hope that plenty of Eastern European Prickles and Arabic migrants will get seriously hit by raining cats and dogs, me thinks.

Then they might rethink their decision of living with pint drinking individuals. Let's hope that the language in the UK will never be A R A B I C.

post-158336-0-88548100-1460984056_thumb.

Edited by lostinisaan

Prasat/Surin, thunder and lightning but no rain

\ Plenty of free firewood on Sisaket's roads.....facepalm.gif

P.S. I've just informed the rain making team. Stay calm and drink a beer, or two.

Edited by lostinisaan