Transport options from Touch Hill Place Condo (on the way to 700 Year Stadium)

Konini

I'm asking for a friend who is staying there and is a little isolated.

Are there any options apart from the occasional red truck that passes? The 121 is a fairly busy road, I would have thought that there would be many more red and possibly even green trucks going up there.

If there are no coloured trucks, then someone they can call when needed, someone who lives locally and wouldn't be a rip off merchant. This would have to be a personal recommendation from someone not making their first post here.

So, is anyone able to help? Grabtaxi has been limited in it's success, a recommendation for a driver or even a reliable and safe tuk tuk driver who lives in the area would probably be the best solution, but only those living in or regularly travelling to the area would know of one.

Is anyone able to help with this?

LOL.. your friend seems to be yet another one who doesn't really get it. wink.png

Anyway, he's *#$(*ed. There's no regular scheduled public transport on the canal road. They occasional red bus, during the day, if he gets lucky.

He should buy a car -or better yet- move.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Moving not an option at this stage, too late, spilled mik and all that. Not confident of driving in the madness of CM either - I openly admit that I would be rather nervous. We hire a car when necessary but it would have to be a real emergency to have me in the driver's seat. It is a bit way out there, but it's a beautiful place to live with nice garden area.

A driver who lives in the area is going to be the way to go I'd say - how to find though? Also any idea of what a red truck should charge from the 121 to the city? If he's on the road he's going that way anyway, but also knows that there aren't many options so the fares seem to vary widely. If we could nail a figure to aim for - daytime only - it would give us a good starting point.

There are so many condo's on and just off that road you'd think someone would have come up with the idea of doing a run in to and out of town on a regular schedule during the day, even if only one or twice. If we could get work permits to do it I'd be tempted to make Mr K earn his keep. tongue.png

Any info at all though on what is a fair price from there (and back if it would be different from town) and if we can find a regular driver who can be phoned as needed, what price would that be?

Sorry for all the questions, my travels don't often take me out that way so I really have no idea and need to hear from people who live there without transport.

I understand people like Nancy who stay central and don't want a car, but if you make a decision to stay remotely, like the touch hill, you only make your life miserable if you're afraid or too keeneow to get personal transport. Does not even need to be a car....scooter will do.

Not sure how far it is from Green Lake - it's not a case of meanness. A full time personal driver isn't necessary for a trip into town 2 or maybe 3 times a week. And we're talkig about someone who doesn't drive or ride a motorbike.

Please don't let us turn this into a discussion about the decision laready made of where to live, I'm trying to help find a solution to something that's a done deal. A recommendation for a reliable honest driver and how much is a reasonable price into town from someone in the area.

I used to live in mountain front condo which is along the same stretch and paid about 200-300 baht to town

Going there once / twice weekly was not expensive in that way for me

My suggestion to getting a stable driver is to head to the Kad Sue Kway Shopping mall / Bed Hotel / Ibis Hotel where there are taxis / tuk tuks

Take a pick on a reliable one and get his number for future rides

I believe the condo mgt should normally have some there as well

I used to live in mountain front condo which is along the same stretch and paid about 200-300 baht to town

Going there once / twice weekly was not expensive in that way for me

My suggestion to getting a stable driver is to head to the Kad Sue Kway Shopping mall / Bed Hotel / Ibis Hotel where there are taxis / tuk tuks

Take a pick on a reliable one and get his number for future rides

I believe the condo mgt should normally have some there as well

Good ideas. thought most condos out of the way had telephone numbers for the occasional person who needs a ride.