Prawit says Wattana twisted his written promise

webfact

Who's brainchild is this "Attitude adjustment" and what does it incur. To me it seems to be against all human rights as it is used against one individual who's personal opinions are opposing the thoughts of the junta.

Just a different name for a thuggish brow-beating session.

The govt uses all sorts of nasty psychological, suggestion, misdirection and linguistic tricks to make the pig look not even remotely porcine. It does seem to work with a few folk too...

Wattana and promises just don't seem to go together.

Complete disrespect for the majority, but uses them as a handle to further his agenda.

Complete disrespect for the majority, but uses them as a handle to further his agenda.

That is General Pan-O you're talking about, right?

whistling.gif

I just find the concept of "djaime"complaining about people having "complete disrespect for the majority" ******* hilarious!

Elected government forced from office,, elections being prevented, coup, junta, appointed NLA.....and still you complain about "complete disrespect for the majority"!

Well fornicate with my aged footwear!

Your last sentence is a unique interpretation of one of my favourite sayings. Edited by jesimps

There's a lot of twisted things going on these days and the junta are right there in pole position.

When they took power their comments made them look like butter wouldn't melt, now it seems they're showing their true colors.

God help democracy in Thailand.

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.

whistling.gif

I just find the concept of "djaime"complaining about people having "complete disrespect for the majority" ******* hilarious!

Elected government forced from office,, elections being prevented, coup, junta, appointed NLA.....and still you complain about "complete disrespect for the majority"!

Your last sentence is a unique interpretation of one of my favourite sayings.

can we safely assume u of british ancestry.....biggrin.png

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed, again. Please stop using bold font when posting.

It is all about money. When there is a democratically elected government, the first thing they do is accessing the sugar jars of Thailand. As the army is not a political party they cannot be elected, but they want their share too! That's the way it works in a plutocracy. They do not have a Bernie Sanders in Thailand, and if their would be, he probably would be killed in a car accident.

whistling.gif

Your last sentence is a unique interpretation of one of my favourite sayings.

can we safely assume u of british ancestry.....biggrin.png

Bien sur mon ami.

ARMY....Go for it..... You are doing an excellent job where it is needed.... From memory, not one of Khun Taksin's political parties did anything to stop corruption...

The army comes in and cleans up the beaches, clearing corrupt Thais ( and politicians also ) from national park land ( which the Thai people own ) and doing their best in cleaning out corrupt officials...

Khun Taksin did absolutely NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING, on the above subjects... You knockers who seem to knock Khun Prayut must still believe the earth is flat...

You seem not to be able to see the benefits in the last 2 years....Better still, maybe you all should have an attitude adjustment...as guests of the army..

Oh dear, our very own Rip Van Winkle has woken up and thinks he is in Nurenberg in 1937.....

The above statement from you illustrates perfectly you and your "likes" still believe the Earth is flat...Oh dear....

ARMY....Go for it..... You are doing an excellent job where it is needed.... From memory, not one of Khun Taksin's political parties did anything to stop corruption...

The army comes in and cleans up the beaches, clearing corrupt Thais ( and politicians also ) from national park land ( which the Thai people own ) and doing their best in cleaning out corrupt officials...

Khun Taksin did absolutely NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING, on the above subjects... You knockers who seem to knock Khun Prayut must still believe the earth is flat...

You seem not to be able to see the benefits in the last 2 years....Better still, maybe you all should have an attitude adjustment...as guests of the army..

What a sad, sad individual you are.

Actually he might have a point. If all of the posters on TV who think the junta have got it wrong went together for attitude adjustment maybe we could make them see the error of their ways. Or their heads might explode. Either way it's a winner.

On a serious note tagalong is right up to a point. There were problems under the last PTP m government. The coup stopped the violence and they have had an impact on corruption. The problem is to take all this forward to an election they need to gain the support of enough of the population and preferably not just from one side. The perception that the crackdown on corruption has been biased and seems to suggest that the military are above suspicion won't achieve this and will just make matters worse. This case of suppression of opinion is just another demonstration of their lack of political ability. Getting rid of someone because of their mistakes and then doing the same yourself isn't going to work. At the moment it may not be as bad as before but I have a feeling it's drifting that way and without the checks and balances, albeit too weak that we had before it could get a lot worse.

I reckon I could do better and I don't even speak the language.

He does not have a point. This government is much worse than the previous one. The violence was instigated and provoked by Suthep and his buddies, precisely to provoke a coup. They even went so far as to disrupt a general election (a criminal offence, for which none will ever be prosecuted). Corruption in Thailand is alive and well. In fact according to the corruption index nothing changed (except Thailand's ranking, but that's due to other countries going up).

Make no mistake, Suthep and his buddies got more than they bargained for, the next elections will be largely inconsequential. Whatever charter becomes active will ensure no elected government can really make a difference.

And maybe Thailand deserves this, as some part of the country doesn't get it, if you are on the loosing end of an election, you accept and compromise. But of course the 'democrats' don't know how to do both. Now they suddenly start to whinge, I say, next time use your bloody brains. Enough people say this coming from a mile away.

Meanwhile, human rights are being violated, people are put to prison for liking or sharing facebook posts. Maybe it is just me, but a vastly prefer a bit of corruption over what is happening right now in Thailand. Anyone claiming the situation has improved needs to go see a shrink..

Hmm nothing screams respecting the majority as abolishing democracy altogether, including god like powers in your own constitution, the mother of all amnesty arrangements and not a single member of the Thai electorate did vote for this lot.

You really crack me up, thanks.