Changing retirement extension to non-o for work

I have recently applied for a job in Thailand but I am on a retirement extension and my Thai employer told me that I cannot change my retirement extension into a non-o visa that would allow me to apply for a job. My employer has provided me with a stack of papers to take to the Thai Consulate in Laos. I have done this before in Vientiane a few years back without difficulty. This time I am going to Suvaneket, across from Mukthahan because it is near my home. I was wondering what application form I will need to apply for the non-o. Can I get one from Jomthien or do I have to get one from the consulate in Laos. Can I go online and print it. And can I get a visa at the border or do I have to apply in advance.Would I need anything else besides a copy of my passport, employer documents, and photos. Thanks.

I think you probably mean a non-b visa not a non-o.

Does the paperwork from your employer include a work permit application approval letter. If not teaching you will not get the visa without it.

Application form for visa. Savannakhet 2501-01-31.PDF

You get a Lao visa on arrival that will cost $30 to $42 dependent upon your nationality. Lao visa on arrival form.pdf

Yes, sorry I meant a non-b. They are starting the work permit paperwork and I had to get a physical for it and submit the results to my new employer today. But the job is a teaching job so apparently I won't need to take a work application approval letter. Thanks for you information. Very helpful.

I clicked onto the website for the police clearance certificate and it is totally incomprehensible. Some things I click onto don't come up. and it is not at all clear what I am supposed to do. I am not blaming you Ubonjoe and I am thankful for your info. Can I just go to Thai immigration and get a form and pay the 100 Baht? This is completely new to me after all these years of doing visas and work permits. Maybe my new employer will know something about this.

Well, I am glad I found out before going to Laos and then being told I have to go back to Thailand and get a police clearance certificate. Anyway, thanks for the info.

I think I finally got to the required documentation needed. According to what I read, I need:

"a certified document that I used to work in Thailand or that I am now residing in Thailand" 

" Letter from the Embassy for Request check to objectives ".

"For work -Hire Contract/Work permit/Job offer from the employer company -Letter guarantee from the employer company".

And then,

" An applicant must present and hand in all the relevant documents at our Office". Presumably this is at the Police Clearance Service Center in Pratumwan, Bangkok.

Would anyone happen to know what I have to do to get the required certified copies?

Thanks very much.