Entry visa to extend my O-A

My O-A expires July 31st. So will go to KL for a few days and return to get the further 12 months. Question is what visa will i have to get to return and what is the cost. And will i have to be back in Thailand before the expiration of the original ( 31st). Thank you.

Edited by oldsailor35

You need no visa other that the non-oa visa you have now to a get a new one year entry as long as you do it on or before July 31st which I assume is the enter before date on your visa.

After that you will need to get a re-entry permit if you want to travel to keep that last one year entry valid.

• Like 1

return to get the further 12 months.

You'll get a one year permission to stay from the date you return (before the actual visa expires on 31 July). Although the visa expires on 31 July, your permission to stay allows you to remain in Thailand for the additional 12 months. That's all you need if you plan to remain in Thailand.

If you want to exit the country and return during those 12 months, you'll need to apply for a single or multi re-entry permit at an immigration office or at the airport when you fly out. The re-entry permit will have the same expiry date as your permission to stay. The re-entry permit allows you to re-enter Thailand while preserving the permission to stay you got on your last visa entry.

• Like 1