Boeing Delivers First 777 To Thai Airways

Jai Dee

Boeing Delivers First 777 to Thai Airways

Boeing Co. announced Thursday it delivered the first of six 777 airplanes to Thai Airways International Public Company Ltd.

Boeing is contracted to deliver four additional 777s within the year and another two in 2007.

Shares of Boeing Co. fell 86 cents to close at $79.20 on the New York Stock Exchange.

Source: Associated Press - 3 November 2006

Boeing Delivers 777-200ER to THAI

EVERETT, Wash., Nov. 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Boeing (NYSE: BA - News) delivered the first 777-200ER (Extended Range) airplane to Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI). This is the first of four Boeing 777-200ERs that will be delivered to THAI before the end of the year. An additional two 777-200ERs will be delivered in 2007.

THAI's newest and most advanced jetliner left Paine Field yesterday on a ferry flight to Suvarnabhumi Airport, Thailand where it will bring the number of Boeing airplanes operated by THAI to 45 airplanes.

The superior operating performance, efficiency and unmatched reliability of the Boeing 777 makes it the premier choice of airline carriers and passengers around the world. The Boeing 777 is the market leader in the 300-to-400 seat segment with offering unsurpassed twin-engine efficiency, range, and comfort. To date, 851 777s have been sold and 46 airlines worldwide own or operate the 777 jetliner.

Source: Boeing Co. - Thursday November 2, 4:25 pm ET

Boeing Delivers First 777 to Thai Airways

1. Boeing Co. announced Thursday it delivered the first of six 777 airplanes to Thai Airways International Public Company Ltd.

Boeing is contracted to deliver four additional 777s within the year and another two in 2007.

2. Shares of Boeing Co. fell 86 cents to close at $79.20 on the New York Stock Exchange.

Source: Associated Press - 3 November 2006

Are these two items related in anyway. :o

I flew Etihad last month from London to Abu Dhabi in an Airbus A340-500. The smoothest, quietest flight, I have had so far. They also have personal TV systems in economy. Food was excellent.

I then flew Abu Dhabi to Bangkok in a Boeing B777-300. The food was OK, the TV the same.

But the Boeing was not as stable, smooth and quiet as the Airbus. It was more like a London Bendy Bus.

It must be a bugger to land ? I did not like the swervy landing. "Speedbrakes, I got it, I got it !"

ARRIVA%20LONDON%20NORTH-BX04MXZ-2004.JPG

Edited by Hermano Lobo

I dont think so, they have been operating, 747's and MD11's internationally but no triple 7's.

That's odd. I've been flying TG 777-200's and -300's between BKK and NRT for several years now. :o

As was clarified above, the headline was a bit misleading as TG has received the first of six additional 777's to their fleet.

Dont understand this. TG have been operating the 777 for a number of years already !!!!!!

I dont think so, they have been operating, 747's and MD11's internationally but no triple 7's.

They have had 777's for years. As pointed out these are an additional 6, but more specificaly 777-200ER's which as the name suggest (ER=extended range) have additional range. Expect to see them flying to places like Melbourne some time soon.

I flew Etihad last month from London to Abu Dhabi in an Airbus A340-500. The smoothest, quietest flight, I have had so far. They also have personal TV systems in economy. Food was excellent.

I then flew Abu Dhabi to Bangkok in a Boeing B777-300. The food was OK, the TV the same.

But the Boeing was not as stable, smooth and quiet as the Airbus. It was more like a London Bendy Bus.

It must be a bugger to land ? I did not like the swervy landing. "Speedbrakes, I got it, I got it !"

ARRIVA%20LONDON%20NORTH-BX04MXZ-2004.JPG

Hi Hermano,

i would imagine that the fact the flight was not as stable or smooth as the previous sector, was due to the fact you flew across the bay of bengal, which rarely offers a smooth flight.

Noiser than the Airbus, not really sure on that matter to be honest, but this would differ depending on where you were sitting in the cabin.

The 773 is longer than the 345, thus being sat down the back can feel like its yawing around when bumpy, according to the cabin crew down at doors 5. It is however a very easy aircraft to land, but in strong winds does require concentration like any other aircraft.

Speedbrakes deploy automatically on landing, so no need for the Hollywood antics ha ha !!.

Rgds

Edited by khaosai

They have had 777's for years. As pointed out these are an additional 6, but more specificaly 777-200ER's which as the name suggest (ER=extended range) have additional range. Expect to see them flying to places like Melbourne some time soon.

They have been flying 777's to Melbourne for some years now, and I have made several flights on them. I have another trip in a few weeks, and it's a 777 too. I just hope it's a new one, as the seat configuration on the old ones was cramped to say the least, and probably one of the most uncomfortable seats to sit in.

Related news:

Boeing Delivers 777-200ER to THAI

EVERETT, Wash., Nov. 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Boeing (NYSE: BA - News) delivered the first 777-200ER (Extended Range) airplane to Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI). This is the first of four Boeing 777-200ERs that will be delivered to THAI before the end of the year. An additional two 777-200ERs will be delivered in 2007.

THAI's newest and most advanced jetliner left Paine Field yesterday on a ferry flight to Suvarnabhumi Airport, Thailand where it will bring the number of Boeing airplanes operated by THAI to 45 airplanes.

The superior operating performance, efficiency and unmatched reliability of the Boeing 777 makes it the premier choice of airline carriers and passengers around the world. The Boeing 777 is the market leader in the 300-to-400 seat segment with offering unsurpassed twin-engine efficiency, range, and comfort. To date, 851 777s have been sold and 46 airlines worldwide own or operate the 777 jetliner.

Source: Boeing Co. - Thursday November 2, 4:25 pm ET

New Boeing 777-200ER for THAI

THAI will take delivery of two Boeing B777-200ER aircraft on 16 November 2006 with another two following in December. This will bring the total fleet to 85 aircraft including 18 Boeing 747-400s, five Airbus A340-600s and three Airbus A340-500s.

The 777-200ER offers a choice of Royal Silk Business Class and Economy Class; as does the Airbus A340-500 which also has Premium Economy Class.

Our new Airbus A340-600 aircraft are fitted with THAI's sleeper seats in Royal First Class (where applicable) and lie-flat shell-type seating in Royal Silk Business Class - both seats fitted with the latest in inflight entertainment and technology.

Economy Class cabins on the 777-200ER, A340-500 & 600s are fully equipped with individual in-seat entertainment and facilities.

The 777-200ER will be flying between Melbourne and Bangkok from December 2006.

Subsequent routes include: Brisbane, Moscow and Milan.

These are two-class aircraft with Royal Silk, aka Business Class, and Economy.

Spiffy new business class seats, different from the new style Royal Silk seats in deployment on A340-500/600 and some 747-400's.

Thai Airways International Press Release about Winter 2006/2007 Schedule

Edited by lomatopo

They have been flying 777's to Melbourne for some years now, and I have made several flights on them. I have another trip in a few weeks, and it's a 777 too. I just hope it's a new one, as the seat configuration on the old ones was cramped to say the least, and probably one of the most uncomfortable seats to sit in.

Really, you think the THAI 777 is cramped? What class is this and which model of the 777? What airline/plane are you comparing it to? IMHO they have great seating in economy with great legroom compared with other airlines. As to the comfort, I find the seats to be excellent when compared to average Y class seats. This is my experience on TG's refurbished 777-200's. In business class, they have the new pod-type seats which most seem to love, but a few hate. Myself, I love those seats.

In business class, they have the new pod-type seats which most seem to love, but a few hate. Myself, I love those seats.

Does TG's Y class on the 777's recline 180 degrees? I have flown on their Bangkok - New York flight (airbus), where they don't have first class, but the pod seats still didn't recline fully.

I also prefer the pod-type seats.

Does TG's Y class on the 777's recline 180 degrees? I have flown on their Bangkok - New York flight (airbus), where they don't have first class, but the pod seats still didn't recline fully.

Did you mean business class? Economy (Y) class doesn't have the pod seats. The business class seats on the refurbished 777's I believe are identical to the pod seats on the TG Airbuses. They are lie-flat seats, but have a 170 degree recline, not 180 degrees. Some people complain that they keep sliding down due to the slight angle, but I don't have that problem with the seats.

Did you mean business class? Economy (Y) class doesn't have the pod seats. The business class seats on the refurbished 777's I believe are identical to the pod seats on the TG Airbuses. They are lie-flat seats, but have a 170 degree recline, not 180 degrees. Some people complain that they keep sliding down due to the slight angle, but I don't have that problem with the seats.

Thanks, yes, I meant business class. I always slide down, which doesn't make for a good nights sleep.

Really, you think the THAI 777 is cramped? What class is this and which model of the 777? What airline/plane are you comparing it to? IMHO they have great seating in economy with great legroom compared with other airlines. As to the comfort, I find the seats to be excellent when compared to average Y class seats. This is my experience on TG's refurbished 777-200's. In business class, they have the new pod-type seats which most seem to love, but a few hate. Myself, I love those seats.

If I didn't think they were cramped, I wouldn't have said they were!! Personally I find the seats very uncomfortable. When Thai first introduced them, the seats had the pneumatic foot support installed, and no matter what, you could never get it out of the way. They have since removed these!

I'm booked on a 777 in a few weeks, and will be interested to see if they have made any changes.....