Unusual Dog

I first saw this guy about three months ago when he was about 2 months old. at that time he looked very much like a labrador, however, his legs were /still are huge and with big paws also, his body and snout seemed to be longer than that of a lab also.

this picture was taken recently and he is growing into a lovely dog, he has the soft mouth of a retriever but as he is getting bigger his body length is increasing and so are the size of his legs and paws. As I say the nearest looking breed I can come up with is the Golden Lab, but I really do not think he is !

It appears that he came from the Royal Thai Police kennels so his parents must have been working dogs. I am convinced that he is not a Heinz 57 or a Soi dog, in there somewhere is a breed, I am damned if I can see what it is.

One final thing, his etes are jet black and his coat is extremely soft and silky !

Any ideas ?

post-23020-1162528106_thumb.jpg

As I say the nearest looking breed I can come up with is the Golden Lab, but I really do not think he is

post-23020-1162528106_thumb.jpg

Looks very much like a golden retriever to me. They look similar to labs (both retrievers), but often are whitish in color and have long silky hair. This dog can be a mix, although his face and paws look very much like a golden. Mine is more golden in color, but their faces are similar and there is no mistaking their lion like paws.

Looks very much like a golden retriever to me. They look similar to labs (both retrievers), but often are whitish in color and have long silky hair. This dog can be a mix, although his face and paws look very much like a golden. Mine is more golden in color, but their faces are similar and there is no mistaking their lion like paws.

I also think it is a golden mix. The ears and the tail (notice the tail color, nearly the same color as ours) have the characteristic, even the eyes and nose similar to ours.

Have to agree with OMR and Tywais, definitely has the facial and body features of a GR ( noticed the frosted tail) as well, most likely answer IMO is a GL/GR mix.

Sounds like great dog to have, does he have a wet mouth, my GR's all possessed that trait.

Then again, judging by his preferred location to 'take 5', he could be part Budda as well (fits with the gentle mannerisms).

I also think it is a golden mix. The ears and the tail (notice the tail color, nearly the same color as ours) have the characteristic, even the eyes and nose similar to ours.

Edited by dvk1951

Color, face, ears and big feet looks a lot like a Golden Retriever mix.post-17093-1162540756_thumb.jpg

The dog I mentioned here is not mine but I have a GR of my own, and I am still not sure about the mix. This dog is pure cream coloured. I know that sometimes GR are light coloured but I have never seen a GR or Lab this colour before.

As you can see mine is definately a Golden colour

Apologies in advance, but I am going to ask a question that is completely off topic. If I start a new thread with this question, the majority of the answers will not be serious as you will understand from the question below.

My female golden has started to do what male dogs do in that she grasps my leg with her paws and then starts humping away (without the approrpriate equipment, of course). My wife is asking whether our golden knows she is a female. Is this normal for a female dog?

My female golden has started to do what male dogs do in that she grasps my leg with her paws and then starts humping away (without the approrpriate equipment, of course). My wife is asking whether our golden knows she is a female. Is this normal for a female dog?

Ok, my Google keywords were 'female dog leg humping' :o and found this:

http://sg.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006051208881

http://www.dogforums.com/2-general-dog-for...-dog-likes.html

Seems attempting to show dominance is the common answer.

Ok, my Google keywords were 'female dog leg humping' :o and found this:

http://sg.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006051208881

http://www.dogforums.com/2-general-dog-for...-dog-likes.html

Seems attempting to show dominance is the common answer.

Thanks.