US ambassador visits Khon Kaen observing drought conditions

webfact

I guess I shouldn't have been surprised that a simple visit to a drought stricken area of Thailand and words of concern by the US ambassador would bring out the America bashing by bitter pensioner trolls from one or two former colonial powers. God only knows what they would have said if he had visited and orphanage with donations for the children.

Hang on , here they are saying the rainy season starts end of July.

I have seen at least 2-3 articles saying there is enough water until June (when supposed rainy season starts).

These differing opinions could mean we have a problem!

How nice of the patronising US Ambassador to find the time to "observe the drought situation' and to point out that KK is considered the capital of the north east, something that everyone else has known for donkey's years.

I'm sure Khon Kaen residents will be eternally grateful.

If you can't post something intelligent, then please don't. The US ambassador, like other countries ambassadors, deserve more respect than that.

Really? Why? The USA has done sod all to help Thailand...

Thais cannot even help themselves, there will always be droughts. During the rainy season the water just pours off the roofs into the ground. Not a rainwater gutter in sight. In Australia, another drought ridden nation, every house has got roof gutters, many will catch and store the water in large water tanks for the dry times. For over 30 years i was not on town water and ever ran out of water due to roof run off storage.

Hang on , here they are saying the rainy season starts end of July.

I have seen at least 2-3 articles saying there is enough water until June (when supposed rainy season starts).

These differing opinions could mean we have a problem!

I noticed that too... it seems that whenever some guy wants to make some news, they say there's enough water for 3 months. They said it in September, again in November, December, January and February. Now there's enough till July despite the fact that their dragging up the turgid water from the bottom of the dam today.

Always seems to be enough for 3 months despite there being no rain. Like a magic purse...

Edited by Winniedapu

How nice of the patronising US Ambassador to find the time to "observe the drought situation' and to point out that KK is considered the capital of the north east, something that everyone else has known for donkey's years.

I'm sure Khon Kaen residents will be eternally grateful.

I wonder how the USA would respond to the Ambassador for Argentina making local visits inside the USA to check the situation with law enforcement in regard to young black men?

Apples and oranges. The ambassador here was observing the drought situation, not law enforcement.