Should I tell her I'm broke?

puukao

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you farang no understand. i am not same same

i go thailand and my life better and i get money and then gods bless me and more money and then i am rich and live in jungle and never leave

then i find my passport and ask, "Hmmm, what are these funny dates?"

i drink moat water and go ba ba crazy and now stuck on TV...cannot get on another website!!!!!

do not worry my TV brothers, I just sold some GOOG stock for a cool 400 million baht

Good for you, now you can afford not only a Mia Noi but a Gik as well!!! Half your luck!! biggrin.pngthumbsup.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifwai.gif

Money isn't everything, but without it you cannot exist. Unless you have someone giving you the necessities in life or you farm, hunt, fish, gather, and have natural resources at your disposal--of course, you had to have money to acquire the tools, raw materials, and natural resources. So, yes, money isn't everything, but assets are.

i count myself very lucky first met my wife (thai) after her returning a large amount of cash i personally lost (don't ask lol) been with me 16 years even though i didn't earn enough to bring her to uk. looked after me well and sorted most of my problems (don't really love her but she's a damned good cook lol)

I fear you haven't addressed your biggest problem. While you were here womanizing, the World's economy went into the toilet.

You will now have a big blank timeframe on your resume' and most companies in most countries have been downsizing. In finding any job your credentials must stand out among hundreds of others. Best of luck for you.

Quite right.

"Staying in Thailand to study Buddhism" appearing in any resume will not really help, I am afraid.

Cheers.

Get out there and work man! Haven't you read the statistics? The earlier you retire....the earlier you die! You need to earn more now while you have your 6 pack and can still work, not only to support your lovely lady.... and her family.....but to ensure you live long enough to spend it all

You don't have to say you are broke. Just tell her you have to go home to work and make

some extra money "for her" The longer you stay at home working the more money

you will have for her. tongue.pnglaugh.png

i count myself very lucky first met my wife (thai) after her returning a large amount of cash i personally lost (don't ask lol) been with me 16 years even though i didn't earn enough to bring her to uk. looked after me well and sorted most of my problems (don't really love her but she's a damned good cook lol)

Why "don't ask" and why "lol" ?

You brought it up...share the story...

The only stress in my life is 1) where can I get a beer Chang after 8pm in my village (the few shops we have close at 7pm and everybody, except moi, is tucked up snugely in bed by 8pm) and 2) how do I get aforementioned beer Chang past the eagle-like eyes of my wife?

To the OP: Seriously, spill the beans - just tell her. If she likes/wants to be with you, she'llvstand by you. If she's only in it for the dosh, she'll pack and do a runner - and you a favour.

Money isn't everything. Be happy you're healthy, fit and have good teeth.

Good luck.

mg i didn't screw up as u put it leaving out the bits i won't put in public, i left 18.5 grand gbp in bag on the counter of drug store in airport girl (now wife) found it and got police /soldier to return it to me in food hall. looking story but in private ok.

told her from beginning was money from boss and i was almost skint, after a year wanted to marry but said i didn't have enough to pay dowry girls sister gave me money to put on table for ceremony so none of family then interested in money.

since then we have 6 year old son and between em cost me a fortune lol

mg i didn't screw up as u put it leaving out the bits i won't put in public, i left 18.5 grand gbp in bag on the counter of drug store in airport girl (now wife) found it and got police /soldier to return it to me in food hall. looking story but in private ok.

told her from beginning was money from boss and i was almost skint, after a year wanted to marry but said i didn't have enough to pay dowry girls sister gave me money to put on table for ceremony so none of family then interested in money.

since then we have 6 year old son and between em cost me a fortune lol

That is a screw-up but nothing critical...and you had a good outcome anyway.You met your wife. She could have had a huge payday right there but did the right thing. Why you were carrying that amount in a bag is not really important to the story. I carried 250000 THB in a paper bag between banks in Bangkok several years ago.

Meeting my wife was an almost accident as well...me asking a stranger in Big C Korat "do you know where is <I forget what I was looking for>". Exchange of phone numbers, it went from there.

I'm just wondering why you are staying in Thailand knowing that you are running out of money , and that you will not have enough to live on as a pensioner ? Isn't it common sense to go home , do some work , to better your finances? If you stay there broke, is that a solution , will she still love you ?

good news, parents will give me allowance of 150,000 baht per month until i figure out life....but no more than 10-years

now i can work on 8-pack abs

and being fluent in Thai

thanks to all the TV members who offered to give me 100,000 baht a month!!!

none of you!!!

this is a "fun" thread you farang!!!

I would tell her, even if over several episodes, though I do wonder why people aren't saying too much about "what if she accepts it, what will she be doing when you're not there to make up the shortfall?".

Although I don't give my gf pocket money, she still gets through a fair chunk in other ways (primarily buying food and things for others) - it stacks up quickly, while naive me is thinking street food is cheap and one dish will suffice for one person.

She's told me what she would do if we ever split (work with one of her family in Greece) - Like that's going to put bread on the table in a way she has become accustomed. I'd find out her answer, and hope it doesn't involve a pole in late night establishments. Luckily for me my GF is a bit north of the age where she could do that, YMMV.

puukuo , where did you learn to whine like a little stich ? take your sorry ass back where you been , 6 pack abs ? good god , money is not your problem . you are stupid , lets face it . if you stay in a few years you will be stepping off the deck from the 28th floor ...... sheeeeze

Did you/can you actually read. It was a fun post...he said so himself.....chillax and go with it.

the "bird" on your arm held by a (wallet) strap may fly away and not return if the (wallet) strap is cut (empty) if it does not stay or return it was never yours in the first place.

If it returns....it OWNS you

Archived