Foreign tourist viciously beaten by drunken Thai men

webfact

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't get beaten up for nothing.

No... in my home country we got random violence.. im sure its here too. Sometimes there are just idiots around. Thai.. foreign whatever. Besides alcohol is the drug that makes people violent.. there is no other drug that causes so much violence.

These guys were drunk and the alcohol fueled their violence, plenty of people who turn from nice to monster after some alcohol. Just look at all the bar fights.

Alcohol is freely available and relatively cheap compared to other drugs. So it's bound to be the largest cause. But many people forget alcohol is a drug.

However, drugs like Yaba etc can and do cause violent effects on people.

Working the doors used to mean dealing with drunks. You can see people's behavior and even their physical features change as more alcohol is consumed and their central nervous systems are affected. Alcohol affects physical and mental performance. Drunks though, in the main, are relatively easy to deal deal. People high on drugs are not. I know of one instance where a drugged up guy went beserk and was still fighting with security and police with one broken leg. Impervious to pain and reality.

These guys could have been drunk, on other drugs or a mixture. There actions certainly indicate they were on something.

Random violence is a problem in the UK too. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights, from when pubs close to when night clubs close is very dangerous in town and city centers.

happy Joe, on 21 Apr 2016 - 05:28, said:

I lived many years in Pattaya.

Never, never have I seen Thais men beat a stranger for no reason.

I believe that this information is incomplete.

So the comments that follow will be pure fanciful speculations as usual.

Deserved to be viscously beaten? what is it? the law of the jungle? or Pattaya has it's own laws

where people can be pummeled to the ground just because they said something that

someone didn't like?

Seems to be the thing of late. If you say something somebody doesn't like, you either get viciously beaten or told to report for AA.

Most Thai men are basically cowards and will run to get a few cheap kicks and hits in with the larger group on an individual that is down just to do it.Axx holes all.

That trait is not unique to Thai Men. Remove the word 'Thai' and your statement would be accurate.

On another interesting point: The news source Pattaya One states that the children claimed they were attacked (punched) first:

The youngsters claimed that the foreign man had punched one of them and they had acted to revenge their brother.

Now, I could believe that he 'attempted' to punch them. But I would be well surprised that he succeeded in getting a hit on them given his condition and theirs. (Unless they all had their backs turned, eyes closed and were just standing there meditating?)

I'm still curious why they were not wearing shirts.

Most Thai men are basically cowards and //

I would bet that many of those who post this kind of message too...

BTW your "Thai men" in this story are young boys less than 15 yo...

They have been identified by the Police: pattayaone.net and news.sanook.com

Looks like the Farang was drunk and punched/pushed away one of the boys making his brother angry.

A priori no drug or alcohol involved (for the Thai part)

King hitting a stranger after downing 10 beers is a national sport in Australia. Same here except they use their feet... Nothing to see here now everyone.. Move along

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Nice 1! Agreed 1000%

Provoked or not...there is no excuse for this kind of behavior. There is a growing and encouraged xenophobia happening. Selective Tourism is in motion.

So this does not happen the UK or anywhere else then ? Ever been to Ibiza or Benidorm or Mallorca in the summer? Drunken Brits, Scots or Irish know pretty well how to beat somebody up for almost no reason just as well, especially when he is alone or just with wife or gf and they are with many....

Alcohol is the real culprit here, and human nature of course.

Many Thai men are just itching to do this, and the women stand and laugh. It seems to be fairly nationwide, though in Pattaya which attracts all the dross from around the world, and the lowest levels of Thai society, it's probably going to kick off more often.

Many Thai men? What part of Thailand do you live and who do you mainly hang out with? Mostly farang meeting up in lady bars?

Ever bothered to learn the language so you could meet and get to know Thai people at all?

And this does not happen the UK or anywhere else then ?

Ever been to Ibiza or Benidorm or Mallorca in the summer?

Drunken Brits, Scots or Irish know pretty well how to beat somebody up for almost no reason, especially when he is alone or just with wife or gf and they are with many....

happy Joe, on 21 Apr 2016 - 05:28, said:

Deserved to be viscously beaten? what is it? the law of the jungle? or Pattaya has it's own laws

where people can be pummeled to the ground just because they said something that

someone didn't like?

Not just Pattaya and not just Thais.

As if this does not happen in the UK or anywhere else then ? Ever been to Ibiza or Benidorm or Mallorca in the summer?

Drunken Brits, Scots or Irish know pretty well how to beat somebody up for almost no reason, especially when he is alone or just with wife or gf and they are with many....

Thais won't bash a man without reason; he must have looked at them or somethin'.

Perhaps he was petting the dog and they didn't like the way he did it?

Irregard, is there any legal recourse for this type of action in Thailand, or is it consider legally acceptable?

How is it that someone was already filming some guy petting a dog .. and then getting the crap beaten out of them? This is all very odd. Had these brutes been stalking him? Is this a new Thai Craze akin to A Clockwork Orange? Film some random farang and then go and attack him? blink.png

Thais won't bash a man without reason; he must have looked at them or somethin'.

Irregard, is there any legal recourse for this type of action in Thailand, or is it consider legally acceptable?

How is it that someone was already filming some guy petting a dog .. and then getting the crap beaten out of them? This is all very odd. Had these brutes been stalking him? Is this a new Thai Craze akin to A Clockwork Orange? Film some random farang and then go and attack him? blink.png

I think someone pointed out earlier, it was someone with a phone recording the play back on the shop's CCTV monitor.

King hitting a stranger after downing 10 beers is a national sport in Australia. Same here except they use their feet... Nothing to see here now everyone.. Move along

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

But do they have someone film said stranger as a prelude to said 'hitting'? And for what purpose? Something seems to have flown right over posters heads here, as per.

It's okay to love Thailand 'Happy Joe', but it's another thing to act as an apologist for cowards and thugs ... I've just seen the video, the foreigner looked as if he'd had too much to drink, he looked a bit unsteady on his feet. He didn't look remotely aggressive or argumentative.

So, what exactly could he have done to deserve this? Your assertion that he must have done something to deserve a one-sided kicking by three cowards is in itself a 'fanciful speculation'. Innocent people do get beat up for no reason.

Let's hope the next time this happens it's not you on the receiving end.

I think someone pointed out earlier, it was someone with a phone recording the play back on the shop's CCTV monitor.

Oh okay thanks. Seven pages .. saai.gif

Nice 1! Agreed 1000%

1000%? That's a lot of agreement!

HappyJoe hasn't seen it (yet), so any claim that it exists must be a fanciful speculation. Hard to fault that logic.

I've been treated well, so far, in Thailand. I am also very respectful and careful. Yet I've been warned by a Thai that I might get beaten up for yelling at and harassing a dog that could put me under a truck (cycling, see previous post). No drugs required. There is violence in Australia, but I would not get beaten for harassing an unrestrained dog there.

I'm guessing that HappyJoe hasn't seen everything yet...

There must be more to this. The guy just sits there and takes it, nearly looking as if hes taking whats coming to him.

If it was a random attack would you not offer some resistance?

If it was unprevoked, you would think he would at least be up and running, or going for the throat of one of them

Watch the video Columbo ... the guy is three sheets to the wind, after patting the dog he gets up and is unsteady on his feet. A good target for three cowards looking for some ultra violent fun.

I have had two of my friends beaten one to a pulp by Thai men on both occasion robbing them for cash.

But then again you could be right they did have a reason they wanted money for drugs or who knows.

Fanciful speculation My Butt.

I have a Thai Man friend who was beaten to within an inch of his life by a bunch of Thai Men who were in the process of stealing his motorbike. They beat the crap out of each other too you know. Just as other nations' thuggery coffee1.gif

You don't get beaten up for nothing.

I hope you can take this opinion with In to the grave one day. Really, I hope you will never get the chance to learn something different.

I say that because I'm a victim of this thimg that never happens. All I did (wrong) we as holding my iPad under the arm. Then a group of 6 Thais on motorbikes showed up and beaten me nearly to death. I had to make 45 stitches to the head and had 2 broken fingers.

I have to be a really bad guy to hold my iPad. Don't I? I probably really deserve this kind of treatment for that scandalous behaviour.

BTW, it wasn't Pattaya or Phuket or Nana. It was the quiet Suk Soi 50.

Thanks for your input. there seems to be many on here who think your experience is an impossibility in they're beloved Thailand. If anything bad happens to a foreigner, it must be their fault, because they have chosen the perfect home.

If you've seen the dynamics of violence, and the body language, the indignation, the quizzical-inquisitorial outage, the joint-involvement without a leader, the "punishment" nature of the whole thing and the "Has retribution been exacted?" quality ........there's almost certainly a backstory. It reeks of a particular kind of violence - retribution. Possibly ill-founded, almost certainly excessive, very likely drunken, but retribution.

In how many countries could/would physically weak third parties get involved and stop it? In most places you'd be on your own. Kitty Genovese.

I have read the entire news reports....no

Where does it say he is a tourist...only the

Headlines, and probably because,He,is a

A westerner, they assume he is a Tourist.

1. Where is he visiting from?

2. How long will he be visiting?

3. When is his hotel?

4. What visa!?

More likely than not, just another trouble

Making local drunk!!

I bet there will be a thread in 3 days time

with all four of them sitting in the cop house

and the text saying that it was just a misunderstanding.

I doubt. I think that the case is closed already.

A quick fight, with no weapons and with nobody hurt...

in which country would the police charge teens for that?

Archived