Whatever next! Getting lottery numbers from a kilometer marker!

webfact

Whatever next! Getting lottery numbers from a kilometer marker!

lo.jpg

Image: Thairath

LOEI: -- It is not a sight you see every day - people praying to a kilometer marker for lottery numbers!

Apparently several people travelling on the Dan Sai-Tha Li road in the north eastern province of Loei took a raised road marker to be a shrine, Thairath reports. People have stopped their cars to take pictures and even pray, as evidenced by reporters who found nine joss-sticks in front of the stone.

Foreman Wanlop Ketthongma, 27, said that road widening work was underway in the area. Workmen, fearing that leaving the stone by the side of the road might cause an accident, had fashioned a stand from pieces of wood while work is completed.

He said that people had been stopping to ask for lottery numbers from the stone. It resembles a structure known as 'San Praphum' in Thai often seen outside properties as a shrine for deities to inhabit rather than dwell in the property itself.

It is at kilometer 82 at a distance of 20 and 31 kilometers from nearby towns on road number 2195 if you fancy playing the lottery this week......

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-21

Might give it a go, has cost me a fortune following my vehicle number plates. The numbers have never come up, must be because I am a farang and the spirits can't understand my Thai.

Hasn't anyone told you that you need to rub them with a piece of chalk to find the hidden lucky numbers?

Who cares, they see something and get the numbers they want from it. Just a place to get an idea from. You can get your inspiration from anywhere. No different than using birthdays, addresses, anniversaries, # of people in the XXX, registration # of your car, etc.

Well, except for the praying part, that's weird. coffee1.gif