I have been told here that if I am receiving a state pension I can apply for a visa but have to do the visa run every 90 days does anyone know what this visa is. Its not the normal retirement visa that requires 800,000 baht but another visa, anyone know?

• They are talking of a multiple entry non immigrant 'O' visa issued on the basis of retirement.

If you are planning on staying in Thailand long term then you only need a single entry non 'O'. Once in Thailand you can apply for a 1 year extension of stay based on retirement. No 90 day border hops required.

Edited by elviajero

• They are talking of a multiple entry non immigrant 'O' visa issued on the basis of retirement.
  • If you are planning on staying in Thailand long term then you only need a single entry non 'O'. Once in Thailand you can apply for a 1 year extension of stay based on retirement. No 90 day border hops required.

The OP is unlikely to get a single entry "O" visa from the UK Thai Embassy although one of the consulates might assist.

Maybe the 800,000 Bht in a Thai bank requirement is a barrier for the OP in terms of seeking an extension.

He should also be aware that an income (certified by the British Embassy) of 65,000 Bht/month or a combination of money in the bank+income (totaling 800K) are also acceptable means of meeting the financial requirement for an extension

• Like 1

• If you are planning on staying in Thailand long term then you only need a single entry non 'O'. Once in Thailand you can apply for a 1 year extension of stay based on retirement. No 90 day border hops required.

The OP is unlikely to get a single entry "O" visa from the UK Thai Embassy although one of the consulates might assist.

Maybe the 800,000 Bht in a Thai bank requirement is a barrier for the OP in terms of seeking an extension.

He should also be aware that an income (certified by the British Embassy) of 65,000 Bht/month or a combination of money in the bank+income (totaling 800K) are also acceptable means of meeting the financial requirement for an extension

Indeed, the OP might be best advised to obtain a multi-entry non-O visa from the Royal Thai Embassy in London and do border runs every 90 days if he expects to be in difficulty in meeting the stated financial requirements for an annual retirement extension in the short term at least. Through judicious timing of border runs he could, in practice, get up to 15 months out of such a visa. Further info about the non-O visa on the Embassy's website at http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/49

• Like 1

I do have UK passport yes and basic state pension but 800,000baht no I don't have.

You will be able to get a multiple entry "O" visa from the Thai Embassy with proof of your State old age pension

Make sure you have good health insurance/travel policy because there is no NHS in Thailand and the cost of health care can be extremely expensive.

I do have UK passport yes and basic state pension but 800,000baht no I don't have.

• The 1 year multiple entry non 'O' based on being a pensioner is an option for you but would require exit/re-entry every 90 days.
  • If you enter just before the visa expires you can get nearly 15 months from one visa.

Note that you can use a combination of pension and money in the bank as long as together they equal a minimum of 800K baht.