Obama's UK visit overshadowed by debate about leaving EU

webfact

since when has the US been a friend of the UK? I remember how they betrayed us over the sovereignty of the Falklands. They have no friends and are only interested in their own agendas. I don't really care about that but people need to understand that Obama has no friendship with the UK unless it suits him. As for leaving or staying? Do what your brain tells you but read up as much as you can from both side first and be careful to filter out the bs

TTIP thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

In one!!

Dear Mr President.

Save your energy and help sorting out America's internal sh!t and leave the Brits to sort out their own sh!t.

Poking your nose into others affairs never seems to have very good consequences.

The USA is the world's super power. Unless the USA wants to become totally isolationist, this situation in the UK is of significant interest. Read up on historical isolationism.

BTW, if you don't understand Obama's achievements you might like to read up on that also.

Please by all means, give us some sources so we can study Obama's achievements. Perhaps something without the spin on it. Quite honestly, Obama has been nothing more than a caretaker for the last 7 years. The economy mostly corrected itself, as it always does regardless of who is President. Obamacare if one considers that a legacy, has brought only raising health care costs for most Americans, something with which everyone but the Medicare crowd has been faced. The world is a more dangerous place than ever and like it or not it happened under his time in office. Black Americans are certainly not better off than when his term began and most would say they as a demographic are worse off. The crisis in Europe with refugees is in my opinion, was caused somewhat by a waffling in the leadership in America about what to do in the Syrian conflict. For years the Administration just simply tried to turn a blind eye so as not to get too involved here per Obama's philosophy of non-engagement and with no clear strategy on who should be supported. So please give me some sources to evaluate his legacy. I don't dislike the man but Christ, I have not seen much positive come from his Presidency. In 7 years how in the hell has America been made better for the American people?

I have been back in the UK for three weeks and have so far only encountered one person who has expressed an opinion.

It was an old lady who looks forward with certainty and enthusiasm to a "Brexit".

The reason for her certainty? She is a befuddled, xenophobic old lady.

The reason for her enthusiasm? Her belief that an exit would allow the UK to produce extra lethal garden weedkiller without interference from the wicked "Europeans".

Such high ideals and political convictions do, with their zeal and energy, the coin of history spin.

Why do we need politicians from any where to tell us how to vote ?

If they can't tell truth from truth or won't tell truth from truth, whether or not you are an In or Out believer why not make up your own mind ?

Who remembers the very old British blue passport emblazoned with the words "The Holder Has The Right Of Abode In The United Kingdom" - these words held as much truth as the words being spouted now.

Why do we need politicians from any where to tell us how to vote ?

If they can't tell truth from truth or won't tell truth from truth, whether or not you are an In or Out believer why not make up your own mind ?

Who remembers the very old British blue passport emblazoned with the words "The Holder Has The Right Of Abode In The United Kingdom" - these words held as much truth as the words being spouted now.

I have been back in the UK for three weeks and have so far only encountered one person who has expressed an opinion.

It was an old lady who looks forward with certainty and enthusiasm to a "Brexit".

The reason for her certainty? She is a befuddled, xenophobic old lady.

The reason for her enthusiasm? Her belief that an exit would allow the UK to produce extra lethal garden weedkiller without interference from the wicked "Europeans".

Such high ideals and political convictions do, with their zeal and energy, the coin of history spin.

WELL if you hang around old befuddled women you will get funny answers.

Edited by Thongkorn