'80s Action Star to Make Films Promoting Thailand

rooster59

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Someone needs to tell Seagal that he's not Asian. Mind you, he's getting there with the black hair dye.

I hear that Seagal is an arrogant douche. The junta will love him.

The gut is an epic level of a@@hole. He needs to come to Thailand to try to get attention. Ever notice how he trades his picture for free suits at the Indian shops on Sukhumvit?

Let's hope he brings the insane skills shown during this show in Russia.

As he walks in look at how fat the guy is! Also, the actors in the event throwing themselves around, it's like a WWE event, truly.

No, I have a childhood friend who owns a Jiu-Jitsu gym in Hawaii, trains MMA fighters, a lean machine who would make mincemeat of Seagal. I might forward this vid to him so he can have a hearty chuckle.

Seagal supporting the Thai government?

I think he'll support any government for his own bottom line....

Saw the guy in some add on foxtel working with US law enforcement,taking down some crim.....congrats steven!

keep helping The US cops turn america into a police state..you good citizen you!.......Hypocrite!

So he seems to be supporting the US,russia,etc....now thailand......Mmm.....anything for a quid i'd say...

He'll go well in Thailand.....cool.png

Edited by Nasrullah

But most of us would not see the ability to "put someone else down" as a particularly elevated accomplishment, or as an accomplishment at all..There are thousands of muscle bound moronic thugs out there who could " put us down".Are we supposed to respect these creeps?

I think you're missing the point. If you know anything about Aikido, it's all about avoiding problems. Great form of martial arts. This is what Segal studied. My comment was basically meant to say he can take care of himself. Is he a blow hard? Possibly. I don't know him. Sounds like JCVD going after him at a club puts him the creep category also.

Most Martial Arts are defensive not just Akido. Segal has the rank of Master which puts him at 5th Dan or higher

Edited by gandalf12

But most of us would not see the ability to "put someone else down" as a particularly elevated accomplishment, or as an accomplishment at all..There are thousands of muscle bound moronic thugs out there who could " put us down".Are we supposed to respect these creeps?

I think you're missing the point. If you know anything about Aikido, it's all about avoiding problems. Great form of martial arts. This is what Segal studied. My comment was basically meant to say he can take care of himself. Is he a blow hard? Possibly. I don't know him. Sounds like JCVD going after him at a club puts him the creep category also.

Most Martial Arts are defensive not just Akido. Segal has the rank of Master which puts him at 5th Dan or higher

Yes, but not the ones JCVD studied! Completely different. All about fighting. Segal is 7th Dan with 3 other black belts. Quite the accomplishment.

Someone needs to tell Seagal that he's not Asian. Mind you, he's getting there with the black hair dye.

I hear that Seagal is an arrogant douche. The junta will love him.

Do some research on him before posting like that. He's been in Asia a very long time:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Seagal#Relationships_and_family

Moved to Japan when he was about 20, married a Japanese lady. Current wife is from Mongolia. Also:

In addition to his biological offspring, Seagal is the guardian of Yabshi Pan Rinzinwangmo,[63] the only child of the 10th Panchen Lama of Tibet. When she studied in the United States, Seagal was her minder and bodyguard.[64]

I'm not impressed with his involvement with Putin and support for the invasion of Crimea. Though Steven is of Russian descent.

Did Crimea get invaded? By who, that would be declaring war on Russia.

Steven certainly has been stocky for many years, still moves OK, but many other action heroes have kept themselves in good shape.

Seagal has never been on my fan list, never will be, but I've seen some of his 'B' grade movies.

Pretty much the name of the movie is different but the stories run parallel to one another.

As for Thailand, they would do no better than Seagal for a 'Walking Street' Phattaya spokesman. His background suggests he would fit right in!

Lots of sneering schadenfreude on this thread. Sure he's not his former self, but he's achieved more than most. We are all getting older and uglier.

Seagal was a good showman, who made entertaining action films with a fun martial art flavour. I used to enjoy watching him sorting out the bad guys.

Edited by dbrenn

According to K. Alongkorn and just what did Segal have to say ?

It doesn't really matter when he has a Thai speaking for him and stating what he should be saying.

No mention though of him understanding and supporting the road map.

Apparently, Segal asked for a black Magic Marker to groom his hair and beard.

A little known fact he travels with two bodyguards too. And is a double douche for sure. You sure you mean present wife is mongoloid?

Sometimes he has 7 bodyguards. An even lesser known fact is that he has a history of using his 'star' status to intimidate and slap around less famous 'extras' during filming. At the time Under Siege was being filmed back in 1992, Seagal claimed he could channel energy to his neck and nobody could choke him out, whereupon, Gene LeBell called him on it and after claiming the first time that he wasn't ready, Seagal finally agreed he was ready and Gene choked him out easily, causing Seagal to pee and crap his pants.

That is the official version, but back in 1992 several of the 'extras' who were on the set that day reported a different version during a live radio broadcast in Los Angeles. They claimed that Seagal, per his typical practice, was bullying the other actors and crew members who were not allowed to strike back. Finally, one of them, apparently it was LeBell, choked Seagal out causing him to soil his britches.

Later, in an attempt at damage control, Seagal is reported to have issued a challenge to fight anybody who would put up a large amount of money in a winner take all fight. The guys from the original scenario said on the live radio show that they nominated a guy in his fifties and Seagal withdrew his offer.

Seagal has a tainted reputation in the movie industry and Thailand may want to rethink being represented by the person that insisted on occupying a royal throne in Thailand for a publicity shoot along with other things.

Steven Segal embodies Thai values...he claims to be a martial artist (he is not)...he asserts that he was an operative for the CIA (another lie)...claims to train MMA fighters (he's a groupie, not a trainer)...claims to be a musician (if so, then Yoko Ono is a musician as well)...he has profited and lived as though just saying something makes it so...

Thainess at its best for sure...