Gunman holds up Kasikorn bank in Bangkok, flees with 1.8 million baht

Jonathan Fairfield

Gunman holds up Kasikorn bank in Bangkok, flees with 1.8 million baht

post-137452-0-09608700-1461372059_thumb.

Image: Manager

BANGKOK:-- A robber put a gun to a bank girl's head as she changed ATM money outside a Kasikorn bank branch in Bangkok on Friday.

The gunman, wearing a full face black helmet, escaped on a motorcycle with several cartridges containing the money, reports Manager.co.th.

Bang Na police found the bank staff at the Chalermprakiat R9 Soi four branch in Prawet district in a terrified state Friday afternoon.

Miss Sukhanatharat Sriwang said that herself and other staff were changing cash cartridges at the ATM in front of the branch when a 160 cms man in a black helmet, black jacket and jeans approached and put a gun to her head.

The money was handed over and he disappeared on a silver and black Honda Wave. They did not get the licence plate number.

A poster on the Thai news website announcing the story said it was high time that banks all had security staff to protect the public and employees. There have been several armed holdups in Bangkok, Chonburi and Pattaya in recent weeks.

A man who police said was a former navy seal was arrested earlier in the week for an 8.8 million baht heist in South Pattaya in which shots were fired.

Guards loading an ATM in Chonburi were also robbed at gunpoint.

Source: Manager.co.th

All the ATM's I have seen are changed from inside the bank! Seems a bit stupid changing them outside.

555 and when the ATM is in the middle of nowhere as it is in the countryside of Thailand ...

How they do for changing empty pockets for full ones ?

All the ATM's I have seen are changed from inside the bank! Seems a bit stupid changing them outside.

You have seen different ATMs then me.

All that I saw changing the money cartridge were opened from the front below the terminal/keyboard.

Watched this a couple of times in Central Plaza Khon Kaen.

But as far as I remember there was always at least two or more men engaged and a caliber .38.

The good old times are over.

This lax handling of cash money can not go on.

A female clerk carrying around 100'000s if not a million Baht, crazy.

On one my first visits to Thailand I was stunned to see a bank clerk opening the drawer of her desk filled with wades of cash blink.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

All that I saw changing the money cartridge were opened from the front below the terminal/keyboard.

But as far as I remember there was always at least two or more men engaged and a caliber .38.

On one my first visits to Thailand I was stunned to see a bank clerk opening the drawer of her desk filled with wades of cash blink.png

what did you expect to see in the desk draw ??

Thailand either has to get with the idea that there are many thieves out

there and always have a couple of guards with their guns at the ready, when

they do these money loadings with the ATMs or there will just be more

robberies like this again. I feel sorry for the women who were likely

pretty scared by the incident, but their bank manager should be fired for

having such a lax rule, of re loading the ATM machines.

Just my opinion Geezer

They never learn do they?.... what did Einstein said? the definition of stupidity is repeating

the same mistakes over and over again, and each time hoping for better results.....

And there was me thinking it was that blokes sister in Fear The Walking Dead who said that. :)

what did you expect to see in the desk draw ??

Maybe I was not clear enough:

that was in open office space at writing desk of a bank employee.

I sat at the side of her desk.

What I expect in such a drawer?:

Wastepaper like customer files, paper clips, staplers, pens?

You won't find wades of cash in a simple writing desk drawer in any US or German bank I can tell you.

All cash is handled in a cashiers box behind bulletproof glass.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Bank security here is a joke. One gang of 1960 East London Blaggers with a Mk2 Jaguar would have a field day here....and no Sweeney to chase them either !

Yes down the famous blind beggar pub Mile End rd east London.

The Crays bros an the Richardsons, Small fry for them

Even Delboy an Trigger would Hav a field day over here with the bib. :-)

Where else would you suggest a bank clerk, whose job it is to keep a constant stream of customers supplied with cash, keep that cash? Bank clerks in your country do exactly the same thing.

So he had a silver and black Honda Wave , this was noted but not the important bit The number on the 'kin number plate ! Give me strength .

Perhaps there wasn't one, for obvious reasons, However, it is also common for many motorbikes not to have a plate, even when they are not robbing ATMs

O Yea! The land of smiles. There is no crime, rape and murder. Is this a paradise for criminals? Don't forget that the suspect must be a foreigner because Thais don’t commit crimes. Hope they learned a lesson with all the robberies that take place around the ATM’s

in Thailand and have at least a group of security men with shotguns around the loading of the ATM in the future. All the ATM's I have seen are changed from inside the bank! Seems a bit stupid changing them outside.

Feel free to correct me , but in places where there are machines not included as part of a building, i would imagine the external refill is the only way to fill them.

Where ATMs are located outside 7/11s, i would also imagine they are filled form outside the shop rather than inside the shop.

Near my home is a bank of 3 ATMs built into a wall, I imagine these are also filled externally too.

They never learn do they?.... what did Einstein said? the definition of stupidity is repeating

the same mistakes over and over again, and each time hoping for better results.....

Do they feed the ATM with money from inside or outside of the bank?

Anyway, why no armed guards when they do this?