Picture hanging system

Morakot

Hello,

I am looking for a place that sells picture hanging systems, or a possible DIY solution that is not too labour-intensive.

I am not so much interested in picture rail moldings, but more in a kind of modern click system.

Something like a STAS minrail system. I saw the pro-range of STAS picture hanging systems at Lazada that is indented for art galleries for around ฿2,500 per metre. I am looking for something less costly that can take about 5kg per metre, rather that 50kg per metre.

Any suggestion? Many thanks!

stas_minirail2206.jpg

Edited by Morakot

Using a rail takes the challenge out of it. smile.png

But actually much prefer not having at same height myself (can always use that as an excuse if get it wrong).

Am sure you could buy tube that would work - even curtain rod would likely be enough to support if you use enough screws.

That's kind of thing I can in mind. Maybe not round, more like a U-shaped aluminum rail. Have to see what there is on offer, if a ready-made system is not feasible.

Edited by Morakot

That's kind of thing I can in mind. Maybe not round, more like a U-shaped aluminum rail. Have to see what there is on offer, if a ready-made system is not feasible.

Most DIY stores sell 2 or 3 meter long 'slotted' aluminium rails for supporting or hanging sliding doors. I guess it would be relatively easy to adapt this product to meet your needs.

Wanting to put a small gallery (5 photos in frames) in a stair well and wanting them all in the same line (even though none of the frames were the same size) following the stair angle...I taped

together several very large pieces of cardboard (refrigerator boxes) and laid them on the floor in the living room and marked out the rise of the stairs on them and then figured my line from the

top step to the last one. Measured it, transfered it to the wall. Then I laid out all the picture frames on my cardboard layout and positioned them where I wanted them (the same distance between

all), marked my cardboard and viola...I had my target measurements. This was pretty extreme, but...it was a masonry wall and I sure as heck didn't want to screw it up...only had one chance to get

it right without having to patch screw-ups and repaint. It came out perfect. It was a bit of a mental exercise, for sure.

post-137826-0-85396800-1462072407_thumb. post-137826-0-28443300-1462072235_thumb.