May 2nd- immi offices open ?

Government offices in Thailand do not observe Mayday AFAIK. But perhaps time has passed me by?

That is why I placed 'observed' on it. It is observed by the public sector at the discretion of the company or business. From a post I made last year.

It is not a government holiday as immigration is open and government schools are open (my school has never closed for labor day in the many years working there). It is a banking holiday and private companies/businesses may let their employees off as it is labor day.

Although the annual, May 1st, National Labour Day non-working public holiday of Thailand is not observed by the Government sector of Thailand

Closed for these holidays.

2 May (Monday) Labor Day Observed
5 May (Thursday) Coronation Day
6 May (Friday) Coronation Day Extra Day

That should make the following Monday a lot of fun at immigrations offices.

Edited by Suradit69

I'm buying a motorbike May 2 and just this afternoon asked if they'd be open. The guy I talked to said yes, and he understood it was a holiday, but not for them. I imagine just the government offices, maybe some schools will be closed.

Official answer for me:

"The Consulate is closed on 2-3 May 2016 as stated in our website at http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/contents/files/organize-20151130-174829-334315.pdf . If your application is submitted on 29 April 2016, the collection date will be on 4 May 2016.

Best regards,

Royal Thai Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City"

From that pdf you can find all the closed dates 2016 (thai+viet)

Official answer for me:

"The Consulate is closed on 2-3 May 2016 as stated in our website at http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/contents/files/organize-20151130-174829-334315.pdf . If your application is submitted on 29 April 2016, the collection date will be on 4 May 2016.

Best regards,

Royal Thai Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City"

From that pdf you can find all the closed dates 2016 (thai+viet)

Those are holidays in Vietnam not Thai ones. Look at the file you posted and you will see a VN on the right side of the page,

Official answer for me:

"The Consulate is closed on 2-3 May 2016 as stated in our website at http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/contents/files/organize-20151130-174829-334315.pdf .

As mentioned by Ubon, foreign Thai embassies will honor local holidays. Here is from Bangkok US Embassy which shows it is open. Plus a form posted last year.

post-566-0-34243800-1461591129_thumb.jpg

UbonJ - Heikiki's post indicates 4,5 closed. You say 5,6. Which ones right? Thanks

Sorry I meant Tywais' post

UbonJ - Heikiki's post indicates 4,5 closed. You say 5,6. Which ones right? Thanks

Sorry I meant Tywais' post

I posted a calendar from last year in that post as an example showing immigration not closing on Labor day. I removed it now due to the confusion and it is 5th and 6th this year for Coronation day & extra day.