New location of re-entry office at Suvarnabhumi

EDIT, 18 DEC 2016

See update in post #30,  they seem to have closed and moved back to immigration hall.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sources: Richard Barrow (via Pandit).

There is obviously a new location for obtaining a re-entry permit at Suvarnabhumi.

It's located before entering the immigration checkpoint (hall).

Directly accessible from the departure hall.

The signs on the door led to some confusion.

The office seems to be open already and will be open from 5:00h (5 AM) to 24:00h (midnight) beginning April 20.

(so far is was open 24/7)

This might be a problem for some very early departures.

Another masterpiece is using different terms ("RE-ENTRY PERMIT" / "Re-ENTRY VISA") smile.png

CgAN3cEUEAIVK6l.jpg large.jpg

Does the reference to it being directly accessible from the departure hall mean that its new location is also immediately before the security checkpoint (which, in turn, is immediately before the immigration checkpoint)?

In other words, is it now possible for you to obtain your re-entry permit before checking in for your flight?

I had heard that it had moved but it is stiil not confirmation as to where it is located other than before security now.

Got a email this morning about the new hours wit a pic of the signs

I think they will want to see a boarding pass to get a re-entry permit there. Otherwise people would be going there just to get one instead of an immigration office.

I have compared the pictures from the Google sphere view and could put a small bet that this location has before been the oversize baggage check-in at the back of the hall which is directly accessible.

Let's wait for confirmation.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Another masterpiece is using different terms ("RE-ENTRY PERMIT" / "Re-ENTRY VISA") smile.png

attachicon.gifCgAN3cEUEAIVK6l.jpg large.jpg

There is a "re-entry visa", correctly known as non-quota immigrant visa valid for ... return journey(s) to Thailand", for Permanent Residents.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-GyAJZUqauIs/U0zvIMRXPMI/AAAAAAAAO6U/LHUQGH2s2pYa4Lx2YQsG9aixyCkI8vXDwCCo/s576-Ic42/Non-quota%2Bimmigrant%2Bvisa%2Bfor%2Bre-entry%2B19820211.jpg

I'm not sure, though, if this is also available at the re-entry permit office at Suvarnabhumi and other airports.

The process for getting re-entry permits at Suvarnabhumi has been so good that I think it was inevitable they would mess it up.

Methinks you are overpraising. Their computer system for taking photos and printing out the application form has pretty much been borked for months. The alternative if you don't have photos with you (going back through security and going to the police station to get photos taken) is pretty grim and could well mean you miss your flight.

The process for getting re-entry permits at Suvarnabhumi has been so good that I think it was inevitable they would mess it up.

Methinks you are overpraising. Their computer system for taking photos and printing out the application form has pretty much been borked for months. The alternative if you don't have photos with you (going back through security and going to the police station to get photos taken) is pretty grim and could well mean you miss your flight.

There can be problems if the people looking for re-entry permits do not understand the requirements. A similar issue to the photos is not having the 1,000 baht fee. Actually, for those who do not understand the need for a photo and cash, Don Muang is trickier. There, you are stamped out of the country before reaching the office that provides re-entry permits. For those who understand the process, getting a re-entry permit at the airport has been a dream

Edited by BritTim

Thanks for the report.

+1

Can anyone who has actually obtained a re-entry permit at the new location please indicate whether this is possible on the strength of a confirmed flight booking rather than a boarding pass? This might be useful info for those booked on flights scheduled to depart between 03:00 and 08:00 in particular in view of the overnight closure between 00:00 and 05:00, since it is only possible to check in for flights from up to 3 hours max before the scheduled departure time.

Edited by OJAS

In order to avoid confusion I've removed an earlier thread on re-entry at Swampy due to it containing much out of date information.

This is now the definitive Suvarnabhumi re-entry permit thread.

I had heard that it had moved but it is stiil not confirmation as to where it is located other than before security now.

Got a email this morning about the new hours wit a pic of the signs

I think they will want to see a boarding pass to get a re-entry permit there. Otherwise people would be going there just to get one instead of an immigration office.

Would be nice to have a first hand report here.

I only found a text snippet at http://www.thaivisaservice.com/visa-rules

Updated 14 April 2016

Re-entry permits are available at Suvarnabhumi International Airport and Don Muang International Airport, departure hall. After check in, but before you pass Security. Operating times 05:00 to 24:00.

Sounds as if it implies check-in first, then re-entry.

But not certain enough.

I have no need for re-entry before next year, can't help.

I got my reentry permit here about an hour ago, and can confirm that:

- The office is next to the Y2 oversize baggage counter, down towards the domestic end of the terminal

- The office does indeed close between midnight and 5am, a fact which the officer made a point of telling me (presumably just to spread the word, since it wasn't relevant to me)

- The officers asked each person for a boarding pass, which suggests that they probably won't issue a permit to someone who isn't actually departing

There was only one officer on duty at 6:30am, but a second one arrived a bit later. The office seems to be set up for three officers at three stations, but when I was there the one person was handling all the functions. It took about 15 or 20 minutes to get my permit, but I had all my paperwork completed already. (FYI, the officer did not want the copy of my TM6 that I had prepared.)

All in all, my experience was fine. The new location is particularly useful for people who want to use the priority lane for immigration, since they're no longer forced to go through the regular channel just to access the reentry permit office.

post-239015-14620638753949_thumb.jpg

Edited by khunjeff

I got my reentry permit here about an hour ago, and can confirm that:

- The office is next to the Y2 oversize baggage counter, down towards the domestic end of the terminal

- The office does indeed close between midnight and 5am, a fact which the officer made a point of telling me (presumably just to spread the word, since it wasn't relevant to me)

- The officers asked each person for a boarding pass, which suggests that they probably won't issue a permit to someone who isn't actually departing

There was only one officer on duty at 6:30am, but a second one arrived a bit later. The office seems to be set up for three officers at three stations, but when I was there the one person was handling all the functions. It took about 15 or 20 minutes to get my permit, but I had all my paperwork completed already. (FYI, the officer did not want the copy of my TM6 that I had prepared.)

All in all, my experience was fine. The new location is particularly useful for people who want to use the priority lane for immigration, since they're no longer forced to go through the regular channel just to access the reentry permit office.

I don't doubt your sincerity, but it's unfortunate news. Sadly, it also contradicts what was reported in this exchange from this thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/914122-places-other-than-cw-to-get-re-entry-in-bkk/?p=10702384

dddave, on 02 May 2016 - 10:53, said:snapback.png

ubonjoe, on 02 May 2016 - 08:33, said:snapback.png

dddave, on 02 May 2016 - 00:08, said:snapback.png

I was at Suvarnabhumi Airport last week and inquired at the new Exit Permit office on the departure level behind row F, next to the Customs Office. Both Thai officers on duty stated that the office would be open 24 hours/7days a week.

Remember to bring a photo.

I have never heard of an exit permit office. There is a re-entry permit office.

From the post that I posted a link to earlier "The office does indeed close between midnight and 5am, a fact which the officer made a point of telling me (presumably just to spread the word, since it wasn't relevant to me)".

This was stated yesterday morning.

Sorry, I did use the wrong title for the office but I did go into it and specifically ask "Do you close at midnight?" and was told by both agents that starting the next day, they would be open 24 hours, every day. This was on April 19th.

It also contradicts what's stated at the airport's site, which says the re-entry office is open 24/7

http://www.suvarnabh...1-re-entry-visa

Again, I don't doubt anyone is reporting incorrectly...but I would like to hear from anyone else who's been there in the last few days.

And you believe an undated Thai website more than the pictures from April 2016 and they did the effort to even translate it to Chinese just for boredom?

I don't.

CgANzdkUsAAa0Za.jpg

I am surprised that they are not maintaining a 24/7 cover.

Just a thought. Is it possible that they are closing the new office between midnight and 5 am and using the old desk near passport control during those hours?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 04/07/2016 at 8:48 PM, bubba1 said:

Any recent info is it still in the same place? Is any photocopy of the passport required? Or just 1000 baht and a photo?

I would like to know that too. Because obviously, at DMK Airport it is now AFTER the actual immi desk where they stamp you out.... which kinda would make me a little nervous when using this system for the first time

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

From Richard Barrow.

Now finally the whole thing seem to have been a short-lived idea :glare:

Closing this office accessible from the main hall and moving back to immigration hall.

Maybe someone passing through Suv. can confirm.

Always better to HAVE a photo in case their machine is defect.