[Suggestions] Internet TV Box

patyh

Time to push this question out to everyone here again. I know there's a topic here but it doesn't seem to be updated so..

As some may know, I recently move into a new place and will finally get a TV soon. (My wife and I don't really watch much TV.. but would want a bigger screen for our daughter to watch all her nursery rhymes.. She's currently using our phone our tablet and we don't think that's going to be good for her eyes in the long run. )

We are currently unable to get True Vision (if you guys read my other thread around here, you guys will know I can't get them to service my house in my estate because I am 200m too far from the exchange in my estate)

So we currently have 3BB 30/5 VDSL internet (or 50/10 so 3bb claims to have upgraded me to)

We do not wish to install a satellite(IMHO is ugly and deserve to be burned) plus our daughter mainly watches her rhymes on youtube.

I am looking at buying a TV box that will do the following:

- Watch some Thai Channel (When my wife is in the mood.. ) and some foreign channel..

- Let my daughter watch her rhymes on the TV while we get chores in the house done

- Let me stream my movie from my NAS.

- If it can record live TV that will be good

- Netflix would be great!

I was looking at the 3rd Generation apple TV as the current GEN is IMHO too expensive.. But am not sure if the 3rd gen one will fit the bill..

I plan to use the device wireless as the router is in the masterbed room and there is no provision for LAN cable in my house.. (Really outdated developer *Pruksa btw)

So.. Look forward to all the suggestions before the TV arrives.

Any android box will do.

- You can watch free Thai tv through the Ilikehd browser app.

- Depending on the box you can beam the child content from the android phone to the android box.

- The box can be connected to your network so you can stream movies from your NAS or any other network device.

- Not quite sure if that is supported by an android box

- Netflix can be installed on the android box. Of course you have to subscribe.

The Apple TV might not support all your needs.

Watch some Thai Channel (When my wife is in the mood.. ) ......Don't miss the chance! Turn the TV off and get into the bedroom fast!

Now that's a different mood. Try doing that when she's in the mood for TV and I am going to have to spend the night on the sofa.

Any android box will do.

- You can watch free Thai tv through the Ilikehd browser app.

- Depending on the box you can beam the child content from the android phone to the android box.

- The box can be connected to your network so you can stream movies from your NAS or any other network device.

- Not quite sure if that is supported by an android box

- Netflix can be installed on the android box. Of course you have to subscribe.

The Apple TV might not support all your needs.

Any specific recommendation?

Check out LAZADA, they have quite a few models,around 2,500 THB up,

you can also get C.O.D. which is helpful. just add tvaddons that's the easiest

way to get content on the Android box,

regards worgeordie