Englishman 'arrests' ladyboy pickpocket in Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who goes on a Baht bus trip with £3,000 in his pocket?

Anyone who doesn't trust what is held out as a hotel safe, or hotel security. Myself included.

This thing troubles me everytime I stay in not so expensive hotels or serviced aqpartments. The problem is even worse with Airbnb or Flipkey accomodation. How can I secure my cash? Difficult question. My answer, carry half of it with me and the rest stashed somewhere in the apartment hoping for the best for either case. Expensive hotels can be trusted either in the room safe or the hotel reception safety boxes. This is truly a problem.

who goes on a Baht bus trip with £3,000 in his pocket?

Anyone who doesn't trust what is held out as a hotel safe, or hotel security. Myself included.

True. There have been reports in the past of people finding money missing from so-called security boxes at hotels. Not five-star places where they have proper security and you need two keys one of which they use in your presence before withdrawing and you use the second key. There are other hotels where they just give you a key and have one themselves so they can take what they want and how can you prove anything.

But I was robbed by a staff member at a five-star hotel in KL. I had some $100 bills in my in-room safe and one day I noticed something out of place even though a bill was showing in the wallet. The person had taken a few bills but left one there in the hope I wouldn't notice. I insisted on the police being called, who did the Thai thing and said a local would not do such a thing because they would attract attention with such large money bills. End of.

Most of you should be ashamed of yourselves. There are many different faiths in England and if his faith doesn't suit you then you're a pool soul. English is English. How about congratulating him on chasing down the thief?

Ashamed? not one bit England or UK is not a multi cultural society,its a multi cultural state,totally different,if he adopts clothing or appearance not of UK ethnicity,up to him,to describe as English is absurb

Imran Muhammad Akhtar "an English man", ( well, he is ok? ) walks around with 3,000 pounds

in his Pattaya trousers on a baht bus.... clearly, doesn't know much about Pattaya's perils

and dangers lurking everywhere......

"clearly, doesn't know much about Pattaya's perils"

Judging by all the racial purists who rushed forward to distance him from the typical fee, fi, fo, fum Englishmen, he's probably quite accustomed to the perils of miscreants ruining his day back home. I suppose based on stereotypes our first clue that he wasn't "really" an Englishman was that he chased after the thief rather than running in the opposite direction.

As for the how can he be an Englishman comments: There are some - many - areas of the UK where a very large section of the population are not, if you like, of pure English stock. But the younger ones especially were born in the UK and have passports which describe them as UK citizens. Where I am from, an area of East London, you might find that over 90 percent of the kids are non-whites, but they were born in the UK and have the same rights as whites who go back generations. It's a changing world. Human globalisation, if you like, and some would say a payback for the years when their country was taken over and ruled by the Imperialists who often treated them as little more than slaves while also introducing proper rule of law, proper transport etc.

Sorry your article should have read English resident, not English man.

Never in a million years is he an English man.

If Born in the UK and holds a British Passport - he's British...

IF you are saying that he can't be British or English because of his looks / race, then I'd suggest you may be fumbling into racist territory.

Daft Bugger though - Carrying £3000 in his pocket in Pattaya, on a baht bus !!... maybe going to a money changer perhaps ?

That said - what other transport options could there be if the 'English' chappy wished to get his money changed ?

Re. your "IF you are saying that he can't be British or English because of his looks / race, then I'd suggest you may be fumbling into racist territory." I think you've missed the thing that's irking some of our English posters here. The key word is "Englishman." That's the title they object to.

You mean he doesn't fit the 'English Stereotype' we've all become accustomed to ???.....

I wonder how many of those who object to the Englishman title given in this case fit the sex-pat stereotype ?

post-22569-0-72951700-1461581809_thumb.j

post-22569-0-29341500-1461581814_thumb.j

post-22569-0-31040800-1461581821_thumb.j

post-22569-0-47421900-1461581929_thumb.p

post-22569-0-92519300-1461581939_thumb.j

Don't look very English to me, and he may be insulted if you call him that, your race goes by your parentage, if your parents are English but you were born in China, that does not make you Chinese. His passport says he is British not English. Rod Stewart was born in London, England but will tell you he is Scottish, because his parents were Scottish, and he might biff you on the nose for calling him English. Try and get a Thai passport here, no chance because you are not Thai, in Britain they give them away like sweets.

Let me guess, you're one of the Anti-Immigrant Immigrants.

cheesy.gif

Well done to this Englishman. Many of his fellow Englishmen out here would have been too drunk on beer Chang to notice. :)

I hate to break this to you but he is a British man. He has a British passport - we cannot say he is a citizen because technically there are no British citizens as they are all subjects (because it is a monarchy!).

I commend the gentleman on doing what most people would not be able to do and catch the thief.

As an American, I would not consider the gentleman an Englishman simply because he has a British passport and speaks with a British accent. His appearance indicates he is not culturally aligned with English traditions. An Englishman is a person who follows traditional English customs; dresses as most English people do and partakes of English history and culture. He/she is also able to trace their roots several decades back through English history.

As an American- if I move to England and obtain a British passport and speak with an English accent and have a child born in England- I would not consider myself to be an Englishman nor would I consider my child to be English. This is much different than a person emigrating to America where there is a long history of immigration and assimilation into the American culture.

This is not being a racist but recognizing the facts of life. If I met the gentleman and he indicatd he was an Englishman- I would not call him out on it. He has the right to identify himself as he sees fit and certainly not be discriminated against in any way . To me, being identified as an Englishman refers more to cultural heritage than nationality.

Sorry Cranky Old Bugger, but if he is a British citizen he is in fact an English man. Sorry to you that your so racist to understand that England is no longer WHITE

You are 'in fact' wrong. A British citizen could just as easily be Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish as well as English

If he is holding a UK passport then you can not describe him as a British Resident.All those Brits living abroad are not uk residents.I ain't going to explain the residency rules but you can get on HM's www

Actually this is not true. I have never held a British passport but I was resident in the UK for years.

Having a British passport means you are a British Subject. There is an anomaly whereby the then British government gave passports to Hong Kong residents when the lease ran out and they had to hand it back to China. Those passports did not entitle the holders to reside in the UK. However, the British guy does not exhibit any Chinese features - therefore British Subject.

Why would anyone think this is not an Englishman? He may be of Asian extraction but I imagine he was born and raised in the UK which makes him an Englishman. Apparently some generations ago my family came to Britain from France, does that make me French?

At least this Englishman had the guts to apprehend the criminal unlike the majority of "Englishmen" in Pattaya who are too drunk to stand up. Certainly stupid to walk about with that much cash especially given he had a Thai girlfriend.

Edited by dunroaming

I commend the gentleman on doing what most people would not be able to do and catch the thief.

As an American, I would not consider the gentleman an Englishman simply because he has a British passport and speaks with a British accent. His appearance indicates he is not culturally aligned with English traditions. An Englishman is a person who follows traditional English customs; dresses as most English people do and partakes of English history and culture. He/she is also able to trace their roots several decades back through English history.

As an American- if I move to England and obtain a British passport and speak with an English accent and have a child born in England- I would not consider myself to be an Englishman nor would I consider my child to be English. This is much different than a person emigrating to America where there is a long history of immigration and assimilation into the American culture.

This is not being a racist but recognizing the facts of life. If I met the gentleman and he indicatd he was an Englishman- I would not call him out on it. He has the right to identify himself as he sees fit and certainly not be discriminated against in any way . To me, being identified as an Englishman refers more to cultural heritage than nationality.

Re. your "This is much different than a person emigrating to America where there is a long history of immigration and assimilation into the American culture."

England has a much longer history of immigration and assimilation (albeit not as diverse as America), starting in the Iron Age with the Celtics (aka Britons) and continuing through to the more modern area with immigration by people of England's colonies (eg. East Africa, India, Jamaica, etc., etc.).

Edited by HerbalEd