Yorkshire Ripper Peter Sutcliffe could face trial over attacks on 14 more women

webfact

Yorkshire Ripper could face trial over attacks on 14 more women
By JOHN TWOMEY

LONDON: -- YORKSHIRE Ripper Peter Sutcliffe may face a new trial over attacks on at least 14 more women.

Two suspected victims who survived brutal attacks have been interviewed as part of a “cold case” investigation by police.

It is understood DNA swabs were taken from both women suggesting that scientific advances could put Sutcliffe back in the dock.

A relative of one of the women revealed: “They asked her to give a new statement and took a sample. They said they were looking at least 13 other cases.”

Full story: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/664011/Yorkshire-Ripper-face-trial-attacks-women

-- Express 2016-04-25

^^^ Sorry Colin, but what about closure for the women involved? They just might feel a little more comfortable and sleep better at night knowing who their attacker is and that he's behind bars.

Then there's the inevitable red tape ... No, each case must be dealt with.

A guy I knew was found on his back in a ginnel in Dewsbury. He had been attacked from behind with an hammer. It was believed to be Sutcliffe, and he stopped his attack when he saw it was a man with long blonde hair. That was in the early days, when the attacks were just starting.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

Crazy Sutcliffe is in Broadmoor and will never be realised.

So what is the point of dragging up the past?

After all these years it is pointless.

Last year it was being reported doctors said he is now sane, and could be moved to a normal prison. Now the news in the OP broke in December, but this next link broke earler.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3340330/Yorkshire-Ripper-set-transfer-ordinary-prison-Killer-deemed-no-longer-mentally-ill-31-years-Broadmoor.html

Which makes me wonder if authorities are ensuring he says locked up one way or another.

Why don't they just save time and money and release him into general prison population.

I remember a few people tried to kill him before.

Because civilisation has decided that murdering a murderer is not civilised.

I understand your feelings, but too many innocent people have been executed - which is why I'm against the death penalty, and putting a prisoner into a position where he will be murdered is the same as the death penalty.

Not that I'm claiming for one second that Sutcliffe is innocent - but although its more 'satisfying' for genuine murderers to be killed, he'll suffer badly being locked up too. Look at Myra Hindley - how desperate was she to get out of prison laugh.png . Her incarceration made her suffer (deservedly) far longer than being executed.

Why don't they just save time and money and release him into general prison population.

I understand your feelings, but too many innocent people have been executed - which is why I'm against the death penalty, and putting a prisoner into a position where he will be murdered is the same as the death penalty.

Not that I'm claiming for one second that Sutcliffe is innocent - but although its more 'satisfying' for genuine murderers to be killed, he'll suffer badly being locked up too. Look at Myra Hindley - how desperate was she to get out of prison laugh.png . Her incarceration made her suffer (deservedly) far longer than being executed.

And all along the system allowed Brady to mentally torture Keith Bennett's mother. Who died without knowing where they buried him.

You always need to hold a few cases back. That way if they are released from the loony

bin/ paroled you can charge them again and put them behind bars with new convictions.

That's my thought anyway.

And all along the system allowed Brady to mentally torture Keith Bennett's mother. Who died without knowing where they buried him.

Have to admit I know nothing about Brady mentallly torturing Keith Bennett's mother, but that is down to the prison/justice system that should never have allowed this to happen.

You always need to hold a few cases back. That way if they are released from the loony

bin/ paroled you can charge them again and put them behind bars with new convictions.

That's my thought anyway.

No - life should mean life.

Its not fair on the families whose children etc. have been murdered to 'hold back'. They deserve to see their loved ones receiving justice too.

From the Daily Mail link that Mosha included :

"Were he to fight the decision to move him it would likely be funded by legal aid. "

True Democracy at work there, innit ?

Do me a favour, do you honestly think Brady would try to be released?

So no need to worry about legal aid money being wasted.

Have to admit I know nothing about Brady mentallly torturing Keith Bennett's mother, but that is down to the prison/justice system that should never have allowed this to happen.

It was one of the cruel twists to the whole sordid story. Bennetts Mother begged Brady on her hands and knees to know where her little boy was buried. Brady knew, but as there was nothing in it for him he decided not to tell her or anybody. Then after years he said 'ok' spent a while on the moors out of prison telling Police to dig here, dig there and nothing was ever found. It was just a cruel ploy to spend some time out of jail. Bennetts Mother died as she had lived her entire life since her little boy was murdered, in abject sorrow and misery. Unfortunately I don't believe there is a fiery eternity for the most evil of sinners, but sometimes for people like Brady it would be nice to think there was.

Edited by Andaman Al

From the Daily Mail link that Mosha included :

"Were he to fight the decision to move him it would likely be funded by legal aid. "

True Democracy at work there, innit ?

Do me a favour, do you honestly think Brady would try to be released?

So no need to worry about legal aid money being wasted.

Well if you actually read the article, you will find out he is considering protesting relocation to a normal jail, where he will lose access to a dvd-player and satelite-tv.

This formal protest needs to be done with a lawyer, funded by legal aid....!

I can't believe it myself either, democrazy at work !

Edited by luckyman