Valentino gave the young guns a good lesson.

garryjohns

Not sure about that.....Tyre probs have been mentioned....Sure I don't know but....

All 3 on the podium had exactly the same tyres.

Then the guy dealt with it.....Cool..

I did listen to the other riders comments...whistling.gif

Exactly right , hence my opening comment;

He showed them how to ride ,now they need a lesson in sportsmanship..Lorenzo and Marquez were pathetic losers after the race!

Rossi can give the young riders a lot of lessons but I don't think that sportsmanship is one of them. Remember the next to the last race last year where he clearly kicked Marquez and caused him to crash? That kick and the penalty that followed cost him the championship as it should have.

Rossi can give the young riders a lot of lessons but I don't think that sportsmanship is one of them. Remember the next to the last race last year where he clearly kicked Marquez and caused him to crash? That kick and the penalty that followed cost him the championship as it should have.

Remember the next to the last race last year where he clearly kicked Marquez and caused him to crash? That kick and the penalty that followed cost him the championship as it should have.

"Clearly"? Absolute rubbish!

I'm just going to treat your post with the ignore it deserves.

No I don't remember that, I remember Marquez accusing him of kicking him, but subsequent many videos proved that not to be true and he was never sanctioned for that reason.

No I don't remember that, I remember Marquez accusing him of kicking him, but subsequent many videos proved that not to be true and he was never sanctioned for that reason.

yes and I also remember that somebody was trying to destroy his race.

I get the impression that Rossi really likes the Michelin tyres and IMO will be well placed every race this season,

Weird comment from Lorenzo after last race,where he said disparagingly along the lines of " Rossi wasn't even lapping fast" and this is true, because AFAIK the hotter track on race day meant tyres weren't really up to it.

This applied to ALL bikes tho and ,sure, Rossi wasn't breaking any records but he still beat Mr Lorenzo and all others on the day. smile.png

I get the impression that Rossi really likes the Michelin tyres and IMO will be well placed every race this season,

Weird comment from Lorenzo after last race,where he said disparagingly along the lines of " Rossi wasn't even lapping fast" and this is true, because AFAIK the hotter track on race day meant tyres weren't really up to it.

This applied to ALL bikes tho and ,sure, Rossi wasn't breaking any records but he still beat Mr Lorenzo and all others on the day. smile.png

Yeah he was "brought up on Michelins" as he says, and I think you're right, he's going to be a big threat to the youngsters this season. What a geezer, 37yrs old and still fast enough to set pole, lead the whole race (barring about 2secs) and set fastest lap, the GOAT, no doubt.

Michelin may have a problem with the rear tyres overall, but more i think was the hotter than expected track temp.

Lorenzo has requested a better tyre from them so he can stay ahead of Rossi and Marquez mainly.

He is dreaming,as we know they all had the same tyres;

Here from Moto GP site;

“Rossi was faster in the middle of the race and I was losing little by little some metres and the rear tyre started to spin. I started to spin on the straight, but not so much, and then I start to recover quickly some metres with Rossi, but suddenly the rear started to spin the two straights so much in the centre – it never happened this to me in MotoGP, so I have to slow down and be 80 per cent on the throttle on the straights in every gear,” said Lorenzo, speaking at the track

“I couldn’t keep the same dynamic to catch him and fight for the win. Is a pity as Marc had more problems than us and we couldn’t take profit to win the race. If we see the championship, Rossi crashed in Austin so he was 12 behind, now he is seven, and we recovered four points with Marc, so for the championship this is good, but frustrated with this problem on the straight with the rear tyre.

“In the next races if I am in first row, if I can say in first position I will ride a little bit better, but it wasn’t very comfortable today with hot temperatures and with the tyres, the front and the rear, I was not as fast as Rossi. Finally, when I was catching him, happened this thing with the tyre, so the rear tyre didn’t give me the possibility to fight for the win when I was coming stronger at the end of the race.

“I hope that in the next races we will not have problems with the rear: I’m happy with the front because the front is safer and much better, but after problems of Baz and Redding Michelin need to get this experience to improve now the rear.”

Rossi also suffered the same problem as his team-mate: “I have a lot of spin in the straight, and this is very strange. I happen also yesterday in the practice, I feel a little bit. Today more, so in the last ten or 12 laps, I spin very much, especially on the front straight and I slow down as I start to be worried the tyre become too hot and make vibration.

“So I go on the straight with half-throttle so I don’t spin. But the good thing is the bike and the tyres work well in the corners so I can stay on 1’40.8, 1’40.9 and I understand that was enough.”

- See more at: http://www.bikesportnews.com/news/news-detail/motogp-jerez-lorenzo-calls-for-michelin-to-improve-rear-tyre#sthash.EcV7kWaA.dpuf

EDIT, My bad about Marquez

Edited by garryjohns