Gardian/Caretaker visas 2016 immigration rules

I have been informed that Immigration policy to extend Guardian/Caretaker visa, applicants must show affidavit (marriage License, Child's birth certificate signed by your consul). The Affidavit must not be more than 6 months old.

My questions are

1. if I got a certified copy of our marriage certificate and my children birth certificate would that be sufficient?

2. if it is would the immigration then take the certified certificate and keep it with the visa extension application?

3. Or now you must have affidavit for each item?

4. Or one affidavit for all items (marriage certificate and birth certificates)

Not sure what you are applying for since there is no guardian or caretaker visas or extension of stay. The can be for being a parent or as a dependent of a person on an extension.

What they want is a certification of the marriage and birth certificates. Since most embassies cannot do the certification they will accept a self certification by doing an affidavit stating they are true and correct.

Not sure the would accept one for all of them.

I've got a guardianship visa. I have a child studying in an international school and I am his guardian (father). We will be renewing his study visa for a year and my guardianship visa. My wife will be doing the same for our second child.

Last year all I had to have is a certified copy of our marriage certificate and a certified copy of our child's birth certificate from our embassy.

Edited by StarEnergy

What I have been told by the school is now the immigration requires a affidavit for the marriage certificate and the birth certificates. I've got the originals of both. Why can't I not use a certified copy of these certificates. Is the school correct or wrong

You and your wife have applied for extensions of stay based upon being the parent of child attending school. It is not a guardianship visa or extension.

You might of been able to use certified copies last year but immigration can change their requirements. You can try again with certified copies from your embassy. I don't know how your embassy's fee schedule works but it might be the same as doing an affidavit.

Not sure why you would need your marriage certificate to apply for the extensions. You only need to prove your parenthood of the children.

Okay thanks for that.

I've heard last year from the International school that a marriage certificate is needed. I can't remember if last year the immigration office took it or not. How would I verify if the marriage certificate is needed or not? I would be saving some money if I don't really need it.

So with an affidavit I would have to write a letter on a legal paper stating some facts. Then the Embassy places their stamp on it and signs it? This is what is needed?

Edited by StarEnergy

All that is required according the police order is proof of relationship. In your case that would be the birth certificate. I am certain immigration will not require the marriage certificate.

If the school was reading the required documents to get the extension it could be confusion because the police order covers parents of children and those married to a student.

"2.11 In the case of being a family member of an alien who has been
permitted a temporary stay in the Kingdom for enrollment in an educational institution according to
Clauses 2.8 or 2.9 hereof (applicable only to parents, spouse, children, adopted children, or spouse’s children):
Each permission shall be granted
for no more than one year. 1. Application form
2. Copy of applicant’s passport
3. Copy of the passport of the alien who has been permitted to stay in the Kingdom for education purposes
4. Copy of documents showing proof of relationship, such as a marriage certificate, a birth
certificate, registration of child legitimization, household registration certificate, child adoption registration certificate, or other evidence issued by the government or relevant agency
5. Only in the case of Criterion (5), the applicant must attach a funds deposit certificate issued by a bank in Thailand and a copy of a bankbook."