UK Visa Query Application Stepdaughter

Hi all, 7 by 7

I will be applying for a 5 year UK visa for my wife (already had 5 year before, just expired and a few single entry visas before. She has her own business ) and we are also planning on taking the daughter (my stepdaughter,) and son to the UK in the summer for a holiday to stay with my family again.

My stepdaughter has been a few times already when she was under the accompanying child visa category. Now, she is just finishing University (aged 22) and is still under our supervision so to speak but I am not sure how to submit the application for her?

1) Do I have to submit two applications or can I put her on my wifes application as a dependent even though she is 22? The reason I ask is that the appointment times may be different, submitting the same documents twice etc if I have to send in two different applications .

2) Will her university grades printed in colour be enough to submit or would she need a letter from the university to state that she has been studying there for the past 4 years?

She also has about 100,000 baht in an account that she has saved which can be submitted along with my wifes/my bank account statements.

Thanks for your time and help in answering my query,

Kind regards,

JJP

Edited by jjp

She has to submit her own application, she and your wife can link their applications

Has she finished her studies or will she be returning? If she is returning to Uni and using that as her reason to return, then she should provide evidence of that. If she is using her grades to prove she went to Uni then I suspect the grades would suffice, but if she's finished her studies that wouldn't convince the ECO of her reasons to return and she will need to address that.

She should provide details of her assets, if you and your wife are sponsoring then yes, provide details of the funds available.

Thank you Old Git.

1) Sorry , but how do I link their applications? Probally a simple answer ;-)

Apply for my wife first and quote her reference number? Would we have to submit all the same documents for the two applications?

2) She has just finished. However, she working at a company for her Uni internship/work place to finish off her degree and they have offered her a job. She could get a letter from them stating this, hence the reason for coming back and also submit the uni grades as well to prove she has been studying for the last 4 years.

3) She doesn't have any assets as she still lives with us, other than the 100,000 in her account so My wife and I will sponsoring her and supplying the ness documents.

Thanks again,

JJP

Edited by jjp

Link them in the covering letter.

A job offer and starting date should help with reasons to return but there is the risk that after finishing the course, someone is job seeking!

If your step daughter has the job offer and has accepted this (preferably in writing) then expect an ECO to make enquiries with the employer.

She will have to demonstrate how the trip is going to be financed.

A good visa history will help!

Thanks Bobrussell.

The company have already said they tell the ECO if they do indeed phone them.

She has a good visa history, as does my wife.

A few more queries,

!) Do they give me a choice of appointment times to choose from ( same as when I renewed my passport) after i have completed the application or do they give me the time of the appointment?

2) As we are going as a family, Is it possible to give my wife and daughters application in at the same time (i.e for my wife appointment) even if they give me two different appointment times after i have completed the two visa applications?

I will of course write a cover letter as well as write on my wife's application in other information about our daughter coming with us for a visit and visa versa on my daughters.

Thanks again,

JJP

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks for the help with my previous questions.

I have a few more, if anyone can help before we apply for the visa

My stepdaughter’s father died when she was 2 and I am not registered legally as her father so

1) Can I put my details as the father or her deceased father’s details even though she may not have all the details or leave it blank?

I have read that the form can’t be submitted if some details are missing?

2) Do we have to photocopy all my wife’s and daughter’s old Uk visa pages and/or old full passport pages when I submit the supporting documents.

I will hand in the old passports so it seems pointless if the VFS have the old passports to refer to check their previous visa history to the UK.

3) Do the photocopy bank statements have to be certified/ stamped etc by the bank?

Thanks for your time and help.

JJP