Phuket vs Bali

Was there in 1989,then went to Lombok,to the gilli islands,man it was like heaven on earth,totally wrecked now most likely,when i went there was a handfull of huts ,one bar ; Rudys and that was it,now crammed with resorts,catering to chinese,never go back,not 20 years later anyway.

Was there in 1989,then went to Lombok,to the gilli islands,man it was like heaven on earth,totally wrecked now most likely,when i went there was a handfull of huts ,one bar ; Rudys and that was it,now crammed with resorts,catering to chinese,never go back,not 20 years later anyway.

Couldn't the same be said of Phuket for people that were there 20 years ago? For me I found Bali to be a bigger island and thought that more nature was remaining there.

Couldn't the same be said of Phuket for people that were there 20 years ago? For me I found Bali to be a bigger island and thought that more nature was remaining there.

Yes i guess it could,i think it will be interesting if Myanmar finally opens up if you look at the Andaman coast there must be hundreds of almost untouched Islands,i am sure the Thai resort companies already have plans for there,lets just hope they don't wreck it like so many places in Thailand with chronic over development and the problems that come with that.