PM Prayut admires woman athlete for winning World Cup Skeet gold medal

webfact

Premier admires woman athlete for winning World Cup Skeet gold medal

BANGKOK, 27 April 2016 (NNT) - Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha congratulated Suthiya Jiewchalermmit for being Thailand’s first World Cup Women's Skeet winner at a World Championship in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Government spokesman Sansern Kaewkamnerd said the premier advised the women's skeet winner to concentrate and maintain the World Cup title with self-commitment. He also thanked everyone who was behind her success.

He said the premier believed that Thai athletes, either amateur or professional, can show their potentials and make successes in global tournaments.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-04-27 footer_n.gif

try it, you shoot 4 gauges, 12,20, 28 and 410. not as easy as you think.

takes years of dedication and practice, and is not cheap.

competitive guns run upwards to $10,000.00 to $20,000.00USD.

then there are the shells, target costs, coaching, and time and dedication.

congratulations to her!!!!!!!

It seems the authorities are quick to cash in on a PR opportunity with winning competitors yet I can't see evidence that the Ministry of Tourism and Sports actually supports these athletes during their training by providing training facilities and finance. Do they?

It seems the authorities are quick to cash in on a PR opportunity with winning competitors yet I can't see evidence that the Ministry of Tourism and Sports actually supports these athletes during their training by providing training facilities and finance. Do they?

Even in the UK this is a rich man's sport alongside all the horsey sports. These are sports of the elite. But that doesn't belittle her achievement because she was competing against other countries rich kids. So well done, but I doubt if the government helped her with a single baht, so a bit of a joke for the junta to claim any credit, or try to jump on the bandwagon.

Anyone remember the joyous reaction and celebrations, when the Thai Women Footballteam (Soccer for the less developed among us) qualified for the last World Cup in Canada?

No?

Me neither!

And you also have to be fit. It's like being punched in the shoulder over and over again when you fire. Most skeet shooters I know make sure that they get in plenty of gym time to stay fit - many are farmers so are working outside all the time anyway.

try it, you shoot 4 gauges, 12,20, 28 and 410. not as easy as you think.

takes years of dedication and practice, and is not cheap.

competitive guns run upwards to $10,000.00 to $20,000.00USD.

then there are the shells, target costs, coaching, and time and dedication.

congratulations to her!!!!!!!