Thai monk murders ex-wife after seeing her on Facebook with another man

webfact

beggars in robes , i have seen families with no wordly goods still donating to these thieves,kids are brain washed from an early age, and what is it about these young kids dressed in robes, they have no mind of their own yet. ??

You have to understand it isnt the person they give things to it is the concept of donating to humanity. If the receiver does bad things that does not reflect on the giver but the person who has done the wrong.

An example id martial arts. When you face off against an opponent you bow. This is not necessarily a sign of respect for the person but for the belt he / she wears.

yeah maybe.........how about the concept of 'i do for buddha...buddha make lucky for me'......have heard this from a few girls.It seems

if you give,then you will get more back.

i remember sitting in a bar at 6.00am in the morningcrazy.gif and glancing across to see a p4p girl kneeling,giving a monk 60 or so baht.

a real eye-opener.....huh.png

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"However, he still followed the life of his ex through posts on Facebook"

Also known as stalking.

Oh dear. From time to time, I have a look at my ex on facebook. She has quite the exciting life.

I'm glad that she is occupied. Very, very glad. biggrin.png

I suspect you are looking for reasons very different from this pyscho's.

Being a monk in Thailand has lost it's aura and respect to a true clergymen long, long time ago,

now days, many monks are engage in vices and criminal activities of everymen in this country

and they don't stop at the most vile crimes such as the case above.......

Because many monks here join monk hood purely as a means to survive and they are not 'true' clergymen. Just 'commoner's trying to stay alive or perhaps enrichen themselves.

In this way my wives father was forced to join the temple as a kid, because his family couldn't take care of him. He turned out to be a fine person, like most monks are

"Suraphon was found at 1pm with a bag containing bloodstained monks robes, a 30 cm scythe, another smaller knife and other items used by a monk."

I was not aware a scythe and knife is part of their common equipment. But maybe he is the reaper disguised as a monk...

"He had been ordained into the monkhood after they split up."

Are there no standards left for who enters the monkhood? It appears that there are more stringent qualifications to work at a 7-eleven than there are to become a monk.

There never were any standards to become a monk. Clearly you have missed all the high profile cases where the criminal rich enter the monkhood for a day or two to recover a bit of face?

It is way harder to get a job at a 7/11.

Recover a bit of face, or trying not to recover in prison? facepalm.gif

beggars in robes , i have seen families with no wordly goods still donating to these thieves,kids are brain washed from an early age, and what is it about these young kids dressed in robes, they have no mind of their own yet. ??

You seem to be a member of another religious organisation who doesn't seem to feel well here.

It's amazing how many people here on this forum are Thai bashing. If you don't like it, nobody holds you here.

And calling all of them thieves is not the best move, which also shows that you can't play chess either.

My advice: pack your backpack and go back where you came from. Have a safe trip, may your machine always be on the radar. wai2.gif

Also known as stalking.

Facebook is open to any and all if she has made her posts Public and not Private - Friends only....not stalking at all.

Also known as stalking.

Facebook is open to any and all if she has made her posts Public and not Private - Friends only....not stalking at all.

No, you are wrong. What this piece of faeces was doing was stalking.

Being a monk in Thailand has lost it's aura and respect to a true clergymen long, long time ago,

now days, many monks are engage in vices and criminal activities of everymen in this country

and they don't stop at the most vile crimes such as the case above.......

A lot of them are really out 'n out crooks and criminals who just go into the monk hood for a short while till the heat is off and everyone has forgotten their crimes. Suthep was a very good example. Consider all the thieving of land, and money collected on the streets of Bangkok whilst he was stirring troubles bringing the nation and government to its knees, all the time assisting in the planning and execution of the military coup. Reverend Monk ! my ass .

Why in the world does anyone use Facebook

Have never heard anything but bad things come out of using it

Please enlighten me oh great TV pundits

About 2 billion people use Facebook every month, they can't all be killing people, so safe to say many people find good things on Facebook.

Facebook can be a godsend.. I have been blessed through Facebook to meet up with several from along time ago which would have almost been impossible without it... A family and two girls that I knew 43 years ago when they were only 5 and 7. Another girl who's dad taught be trombone and haven't seen for 47 years and the daughter of a ex who died very suddenly due to cancer and we drifted apart. She was from a previous marriage and is now in HK and wanted to meet up and learn all about her Mum from those years ago..Also something that I have first hand experience of is anyone experiencing problems like depression or similar it can be a godsend in keeping contact with the outside world..If used sensibly it can be a wonderful medium..

Thai monks are certainly no worse than the stunning number of western clergy that rape children, then hide behind their bishop's robes.

Which has @#$% all to do with this, but excellent, you come to the defense of a misunderstood Thai!coffee1.gif

I'm beginning to lean towards the view that perhaps Facebook really ought to be blocked in Thailand, purely in the interests of public safety.

A good topic for a Master's thesis would be the annual Facebook murder tally worldwide, with breakdowns by regions and countries.

I seriously doubt Facebook ever murdered anyone....it's a website!

Because if my friends want to keep me updated they can email me and not the whole world

Facebook has an instant private message system which nobody else can see, e mail is so 90's for personal communication LOL!, also has so many different privacy settings so as you can control who sees what you post.

You really ought to try it, and bring yourself up to date and join the 1.09 Billion daily users.

Because if my friends want to keep me updated they can email me and not the whole world

Facebook has an instant private message system which nobody else can see, e mail is so 90's for personal communication LOL!, also has so many different privacy settings so as you can control who sees what you post.

You really ought to try it, and bring yourself up to date and join the 1.09 Billion daily users.

Quit FB over 2 years ago now and have not missed it at all.

How does a monk who is in monkhood who renounces the world n its materials still am able to engage in facebook? What kind of standards do they have in that temple that the murderer is in?

I was at Zeer, Rangsit yesterday buying a new computer and along comes this old monk and he purchases a notebook worth 19000B. I asked my girlfriend how this was following the teachings of budda and she just shrugged her shoulders and said Budda not say anything about not having a computer.

I tried to explain it to her even though i'm not buddist and the response I got was "this is Thailand".