German dead after head on smash with Pattaya tour bus

webfact

German dead after head on smash with Pattaya tour bus

ger.jpg

PATTAYA:-- A German motorcyclist collided head on with a tour bus in Pattaya dying instantly earlier today.

Fifty eight year old Robert Alois Achermann was thrown head first from his Honda CBR 650 near the end of Thep Prasit Soi 5 in the Jomtien area of the seaside resort.

Police called to the scene of the accident just after midnight found a large group of people milling around the body. Mr Achermann had suffered a head injury and foot injury.

He was found under a tour bus parked at the side of the road. A damaged Ford Everest was also at the scene.

Giving police evidence about the accident Withaya Chusriying, 31, a jetski repairman, said that as he came up to the intersection in his Ford Everest he saw the motorcycle going fast then swerve. It hit his own vehicle at speed and the body of the motorcyclist was launched into the tour bus.

The body was taken to Banglamung Hospital to await collection by relatives.

Police will investigate CCTV footage to confirm witness statements as they proceed with the case.

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-27

Another farang who believed riding a bike in Pattaya is just a fun ride. Helmet ? Alcohol? Or maybe just a heart attack. RIP.

Edited by balo

German Loses Control of CBR in Pattaya With Deadly Consequences

PATTAYA: -- At 12:30 AM on Wednesday 27th of April a German citizen lost control of his Honda CBR 650, smashing into an SUV on Thepprasit Soi 5 Pattaya.

The incident occurred at the entrance to Soi 5 Thepprasit where first responders found the dead body of 58 year old Mr. Robert Alois Achermann. The German national was discovered lying in the road, partly under a parked bus with a large head wound, abrasions to his body and missing a toe.

Crashed nearby were a “Big Bike” Honda CBR 650 cc. and a bronze Ford Everest SUV. Both vehicles had sustained damage.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/crime/223447/german-loses-control-cbr-pattaya-deadly-consequences/#prettyPhoto

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-04-27

Why does this not surprise me , last night we had to be in town late , i just couldn't believe the amount of tourists on bikes ,who to be honest were a menace ,just didnt have a clue how to drive them ,no signals ,just wearing shirt and flip flops , amazed more don't die

Why does this not surprise me , last night we had to be in town late , i just couldn't believe the amount of tourists on bikes ,who to be honest were a menace ,just didnt have a clue how to drive them ,no signals ,just wearing shirt and flip flops , amazed more don't die

And Thepprasit being an excellent race track for "big" bikes esp. in the night with light traffic.

Reading the report, it happened at half past midnight.

Seems no witnesses?

Room for speculation in each directionwhistling.gif

No word from either side about helmet, alcohol...

Edited by KhunBENQ

Bike clearly going too fast but I wonder why the witness saw him swerve? Could it be he pulled out in front of the bike without looking which seems to be pretty standard practice around here.

Yep.....they will never learn!........When they land at swampy its......'off with the head,on goes the pumpkin'

Or maybe....'If you can't beat them(thais),join them'gigglem.gif

Bike clearly going too fast but I wonder why the witness saw him swerve? Could it be he pulled out in front of the bike without looking which seems to be pretty standard practice around here.

It is also pretty standard for motorbikes swerving over the centre of the road while passing cars.

reading between the lines - bike going too fast and car pulled out in front of him

RIP

either way...it's the riders fault

I'm sorry, but I just can not understand how anyone can get on a bike, especially a big bike, without proper safety gear. I have 3 bikes (150cc PCX, 300cc Forza, CB300f), and I don't even start the engine until I have my helmet on. That includes the 1 kilometer trip to the 7-11. Padded jacket & gloves are added for the Forza, and for longer trips on the CB300f, full body armor. Maybe that's why, at 67, I'm still riding.

7+ years ago, when I got married, my Thai wife and her 25 year old son didn't wear helmets on their bikes. I piled them both into the car and took them to a good helmet shop and let them pick out their own full face, and I got one for myself, even though I didn't have a bike at the time. Then I told them "Dad's Rule". If you don't have a helmet on, you don't ride.

I use the PCX for going into town. I gave the Forza to my son, and recently bought the CB300f, and new body armor, for myself. Over the years I have upgraded the helmets for all of us. One day one of my friend's sons asked him why he always wears a padded jacket, gloves and expensive helmet. My son told him - "Because my father loves me and doesn't want to visit me in a hospital, or see me dead." End of conversation.

You would think that farang coming here, or who actually live here, would have more sense than to get on a big bike without proper safety gear. Unfortunately, that's not the case in so many situations I see. Once saw two white guys on a rented CBR250 trying to take a turn. Not going fast, but simply lost their balance, and down they went. Short pants, "wife beater" shirts, sandals and, of course, no helmets. I stopped to offer assistance and called the police. Both of them had head wounds, but not too serious, and multiple patches of torn off skin. I asked where they were from. New York. I asked if they had any actual experience on a bike. Nope. First time. I asked why the hell would they pick a CBR250, with NO safety gear, as their first experience. "Well, it looked like fun." Just shows that Thai aren't the only idiots driving around like that.

Call me cold hearted if you want, but I have absolutely NO sympathy for any idiot who gets on a bike, especially a big bike, and is not wearing proper safety gear, or who has been drinking. My theory - God gave you a brain, so use the damn thing!

The problem is that these boy racers or even older racers come here and think they are in big bike heaven without all the restrictions that are placed on them in their own country ... no helmets, no safety gear, drinking, no license, little knowledge of the driving conditions etc. Then they just go for it without a thought in the world and as a consequence end up in big bike heaven. I would love to ride a big bike but wouldn't trust myself or the other road users so I will just stick to my trustee PCX 150 and diligently wear my helmet and drive at a reasonable speed and not drink.

The news coming from Pattaya in 2016, is similar to news coming out of a war zone!

The medical examiners at the morgue and hospital emergency room personnel all must be working overtime.

Suicides, drownings, robberies , motor vehicle and wave runner accidents, over doses, snake bites, alligator bites, monkey bites, elephant and construction accidents, not forgetting natural deaths.

The death and accident numbers are over the top!

I have noted that wearing flip flops causes all sorts of accidents, and will endeavor to stop wearing them due to the accidents they cause.

I have noted that wearing flip flops causes all sorts of accidents, and will endeavor to stop wearing them due to the accidents they cause.

Good ,glad you are taking notice

thumbsup.gif Glad you understood me!

Of course if you are in an accident it would be better to be fully protected. But especially in the weather we are experiencing at the moment, wearing it would probably give you heat stroke and add to the likelihood of an accident on a long ride. wai2.gif

Why they don't show a photo from the Everest? A good chance that the damage is on the left site of the Everest.

Maybe the german drive at normal speed on the left line, saw that the parking tourbus bl​ock the left line and want to move to the right line. But there the Everest come at highspeed, don't worry about flash light and hit the german.

It's easy to give the fault to a dead man.

RIP

So many Europeans come to LOS that have no expedience on even a moped and rent bikes .They then think that they are Valentino Rossi." A helmet only restricts my vision". As Yes, it is the Darwin effect.

Of course if you are in an accident it would be better to be fully protected. But especially in the weather we are experiencing at the moment, wearing it would probably give you heat stroke and add to the likelihood of an accident on a long ride. wai2.gif

Over the last 7 years I've taken road trips on my CBR's and CB300 Rwearing full body armor in some of the hottest weather we've had. I always - ALWAYS - carry 2 bottles of water with me, and if I get hot, pull over and drink one, or sometimes both, then "refill" at the first place I can. Riding responsibly means knowing your body, and recognizing the little signals it sends you. I never ignore those "signals".

Just1voice

Well done!

I rode my bike from Pattaya to Nong Khai then South through Malaysia to the Singapore border and back to North Thailand all in flip flops and shorts until i got cold.

I know the signals too!

I am not riding dressed like that, and although i respect your right too, wearing that does not prevent accidents, not ever!

People get heat stroke because they don't drink enough water, not because they are wearing sensible attire for motorcycling.

Just1voice

Well done!

I rode my bike from Pattaya to Nong Khai then South through Malaysia to the Singapore border and back to North Thailand all in flip flops and shorts until i got cold.

I know the signals too!

I am not riding dressed like that, and although i respect your right too, wearing that does not prevent accidents, not ever!

crissables, you're right. My body armor doesn't prevent accidents. But what it does do is protect the hell out of me if I happen to have one. In my much younger days, I did a couple of years of racing - non professionally - and had more than a few spills. And you know what? The body armor you wear for racing kept me from broken bones and major patches of skin being ripped off. As for all the traveling you did in flip flops and shorts? I'll be polite and withhold my comments on that one.