Pattaya night club raided - everyone tested for drugs

webfact

Pattaya night club raided - everyone tested for drugs

ptt.jpg

CHONBURI:-- Local authorities raided and drug tested patrons at a Thai nightclub in Pattaya this morning before arresting the owner and taking in 40 girls.

Officers acting on orders of provincial governor Khomsan Ekachai went to Club O on Pattaya North Road at 4.30 am and found many cars on the footpath and parked illegally outside. Inside they found many customers still drinking and drunk and 40 girls in red costumes many imbibing with patrons.

IDs of both staff and customers were checked and everyone was tested for drugs in their system. No drug taking was discovered but five girls did not have their ID cards.

The owner of Club O, Monthian Kritsana, 39, was arrested and charged with operating without a licence and selling alcohol outside of permitted hours. All the girls were questioned and statements taken and after reports were registered were subsequently all released without charge.

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-27

Crackdown On Nightlife Hits North Pattaya Thai Bars

y1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- At 04:30 AM Mr. Chakorn Kunjanawatta, Banglamung’s Sheriff), Flying Squad Officer Toporrasit Jittrawong from the Bailiffs Defense Suppression Dept, and Mr. Pichet Tamhol also of the (Bailiffs Stability Dept lead Officers in raids on the nightlife in Pattaya City.

The raids were conducted to ensure Pattaya’s nightlife society were following the rules and guidelines set out as Policy by Mr. Komsan Ekachai the Governor of Chonburi.

In the raids that took place on North Pattaya Road officers found that Club O was still open for service and inside found drunken Thai customers had started to pay their bills however there were still some customers drinking with no intention of leaving.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/crime/223451/raids-continue-pattaya-nightlife-suffers-scrutiny/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-04-27

The raids were conducted to ensure Pattaya’s nightlife society were following the rules and guidelines set out as Policy by Mr. Komsan Ekachai the Governor of Chonburi.

If only they would try to enforce the beach rd pattaya ladyboys nightlife society......now that would be more constructive!wub.png

Never knew about this place, some lovely looking morsels in there..

I suspect it is a "Thai only" place and you might not be welcome.

There is some pattern behind these raids (a couple reported over the last weeks).

All initiated via the governor down to the Banglamung administration and some unusual participants like "Bailiffs Stability Dept"???

Not the ones that usually raid "high rollers" at the tourist spots.

There is some pattern behind these raids (a couple reported over the last weeks).

All initiated via the governor down to the Banglamung administration and some unusual participants like "Bailiffs Stability Dept"???

Yep, and the Sheriff - is he elected? , the flying squad (hope not like the Met's used to be) and the Baliff"s defense suppression dept.

No sign of the Tourist Police (suggest Thai only place again) or the BiB? No military minders?

Looks like competition in the law enforcement business is hotting up.

many (girls) imbibing with patrons.--OP

"Imbibing with patrons"-----what was this journalist last job......translating the works of Charles Dickens .....................coffee1.gif

'would love to know how he describes getting a head job...........

Edited by oxo1947

The BIB would not be raiding these places normally as they get their bribes monthly but to continue to show their place in the pecking order the military tells the governor or the top cop to raid a place or two as instructed,when and where..Oh and the night club does not get a refund.

Yes, makes me think it is true when I hear that the slappers on WS and assorted farang bars are the bottom of the Thai barrel; the Thai places have the best girls.

i do hope you are not suggesting thai men visit such places to buy sexual services from those gals !

seriously though quite interesting to an old hedonist like me. looks like the pattaya urban equivalent of the thai brothel back in the village,

cheers wap

In the US in my area it was the liquor commission who would raid strip bars periodically because the law was written such that nudity wasn't a crime but nudity where alcohol was served was a violation of liquor license rules. Nudity in and of itself was found by our supreme court to be protected under the 1st amendment so it cannot be made a criminally enforceable crime. Strip bars would be raided periodically, and if there were no drug or prostitution issues (that is if they didn't get caught blatantly doing either) they would just absorb the fine and enforced temporary shutdown as part of the cost of doing business. If the club were stupid enough to let drugs and sex run rampant they'd be shut down permanently and prosecuted. This sounds like just about the same thing. This place will probably reopen with business as usual once their fine is paid, am I right? In my location the strip bars would make sure the local mayors and town aldermen got the necessary "favors" to keep the system greased.

Poppycock.

As long as you don't move in on someone's 'Girlfriend' the worst annoyance you may encounter is the endless chinking of glasses/ '''welcome to Thailands'' or some drunken bloke mumbling Pidgin English at you for hours while you try and perve the dolly birds.

If the place has a 'bad reputation' or was 'super exclusive' the chances are you wouldn't even get in, in the first place. The doormen or staff would make some excuse and see you off....

Them cute lass filled red dresses warrant further investigation. Shame they'll probably get a 'closure order' after being grassed up by a jealous competitor

Or an off duty cop who felt insulted by having to pay for his drinks....

Does any one know what happened to the original 'club Rehab' on Soi Bhuakeow. It was a pretty good place,i was told.The guy put fortunes into it.Anyway,one day it was there and the next it was knocked down to the vertical pillars.Can anyone enlighten me ?

Thanx in advance.

Is this "normal" that foreigners are frequently targeted for drug testing when either on holiday or expats ?

Another "money-spinner".

First this was a Thai bar to no foreigners involved.

To answer your question "no" it's not normal however it does happen from time to time.

Luckily it has never happened to me, but a few of my friends both Thai and expat have had it happen. They both said no big deal you pee in a cup

if negative you leave if positive you are detained and fined.