It's April 27th and I haven't got a job yet

Check out the numerous Thailand teacher/teaching Facebook pages.. Loads of jobs on offer.. Some even have reasonable salaries!

Facebook? Not when you're in Udon Thani. wink.png

I wouldn't be in Udon Thani !!! Nor should any sensible person.. Hahaha

The guy didn't get it? Ouuch. Not the brightest guy in town, me thinks. facepalm.gif

My 2 c worth - dont call your self evil chris if you want a job as a teacher.

I work for an organisation that is looking for a teacher, I stopped when I saw that.

Thats the truth

Good luck

Graham

Chill out Graham. Some people are so miserable.

Change your name to Chrisinsertyearofbirthhere and you'll be laughing, apparently.

Graeme makes a valid point. Would you send your 10 year old daughter into a room with someone who calls himself 'evil'? It's a telling nick the guy's chosen, especially in a field and a country that has it's share of people with questionable motives and character.

Edited by Rob13

I also have no job yet, even though I have been to quite a few interviews. I had 3 places contact me and said they wanted me to work for them. One even emailed me and said they want me to start this term and will be in contact, not heard anything back yet.

I am now checking over the phone whether they have actually read my CV as in a few places the interview goes great until they ask for the degree and transcript, which I then remind them the first paragraph says I have a vocational Diploma not a degree and that the CV says the same thing. I get the feeling that the degree thing is almost on zero tolerance.

I went for a job in the Isaan area last week and there were 3 other farang 'walk-ins' being interviewed that day (apparently). So I guess it depends where you are.

Good Luck though.

I also have no job yet, even though I have been to quite a few interviews. I had 3 places contact me and said they wanted me to work for them. One even emailed me and said they want me to start this term and will be in contact, not heard anything back yet.

I am now checking over the phone whether they have actually read my CV as in a few places the interview goes great until they ask for the degree and transcript, which I then remind them the first paragraph says I have a vocational Diploma not a degree and that the CV says the same thing. I get the feeling that the degree thing is almost on zero tolerance.

I went for a job in the Isaan area last week and there were 3 other farang 'walk-ins' being interviewed that day (apparently). So I guess it depends where you are.

Good Luck though.

May I suggest that you buy a new set of reading glasses, sir. facepalm.gif

My 2 c worth - dont call your self evil chris if you want a job as a teacher.

I work for an organisation that is looking for a teacher, I stopped when I saw that.

Thats the truth

Good luck

Graham

I was going to state that your post was ridiculous simply because of the OP's forum name up until I noticed his avatar with a smiley face holding an AK47

Now I would definitely have to agree with you.

Edited by Rayk