It's April 27th and I haven't got a job yet

My 2 c worth - dont call your self evil chris if you want a job as a teacher.

I work for an organisation that is looking for a teacher, I stopped when I saw that.

Thats the truth

Good luck

Graham

Chill out Graham. Some people are so miserable.

Change your name to Chrisinsertyearofbirthhere and you'll be laughing, apparently.

It's still early, what will happen is in a week or so schools will start realising they don't have staff and panic.

Apply to every agency and every job and take it from there.

I think that you're still in the running, but naturally time is not your asset here. My advice is, and was told to me initially, think of your full-time job right now, being looking for a job.

So, you should be spending the vast majority of your day looking - being on the phone, stopping by (prepared, dressed and with documents in hand). I hope and trust you are.

I'm not passing judgment on you or your case, only that what I've found (and when I was I was younger, I too was guilty) to be somewhat common is that a job-seeker really truly isn't putting in the effort that is needed.

If you haven't already, I'd be hitting the job boards hard and making several in-person visits per day. As I know it, many schools will be staring up again in about 4 to 6 or maybe as much as 8 weeks out; therefore the staff (administration and teaching faculty) will be returning shortly.

I can say that in my time here, I have quite literally walked into several very lucrative opportunities by simply being the right person *and* being there at the right time.

Best of luck.

Edited by new2here

I work for an organisation that is looking for a teacher, I stopped when I saw that.

Thats the truth

Good luck

Graham

I guess we all see what we are looking for....in a million years I would never have seen what you seen in the name....I don't even bother reading the name of posters for that matter.

Thats the truth

Good luck

Graham

As well, "Have the school started yet?" isn't quite grammatically correct. Usually we on TV are very forgiving for grammar and punctuation mistakes, but if this is an example of the quality of your work, I'd look for a different career.

The only qualifications are,White face,utters some English,and willing to accept a low salary.Lately several of the schools have been trying to hire South Africans as they will accept a very low salary undercutting those already here..

Thats the truth

Good luck

Graham

As well, "Have the school started yet?" isn't quite grammatically correct. Usually we on TV are very forgiving for grammar and punctuation mistakes, but if this is an example of the quality of your work, I'd look for a different career.

There's a lot of that going around here in the Teaching in Thailand Forum.

what you seen in the name

Thats the truth

Good luck

Graham

There's a lot of that going around here in the Teaching in Thailand Forum.

what you seen in the name

The teaching forum is a good idea. Among other reasons, you might get some info about who is a decent employer or not.

Good luck!

Thats the truth

Good luck

Graham

What a pompous thing to say. So, a small mistake on a social forum and you throw a judgmental comment at him.

And "we" on TV speak for ourselves thank you. This site is full of grammar, spelling and punctuation mistakes, its only a sight for fun, nothing more. I would imagine most people can not be bothered pointing out such trivialities, get a life.

There is still time as most schools will not start until the 16th of May. Some teachers will quit within the first few days or weeks of the new semester, so keep plugging away if you really do want to find a job. Hopefully you have enough cash and time on your visa to see you though until you do find a job.

"Have the school started yet?"

My god, you missed an 's' off 'school'. Beat yourself up within an inch of your life. Be thoroughly ashamed of your error. Mistakes like that will ruin any chance of teaching! What a thoroughly uneducated person you are!!!

Hehe!

Have the school started yet? I notice that some do not even start until June.

Most school (sic) in Thailand begin semester 1 during May. Most international schools 'start' during September. Knowing which area of Thailand in which you are looking to work would be a help but I don't think you're even in the right country... blink.png

Thats the truth

Good luck

Graham

What a pompous thing to say. So, a small mistake on a social forum and you throw a judgmental comment at him.

And "we" on TV speak for ourselves thank you. This site is full of grammar, spelling and punctuation mistakes, its only a sight for fun, nothing more. I would imagine most people can not be bothered pointing out such trivialities, get a life.

Oh how standards have plummeted... Or is that plummeted...?? Oh look, spell checker did it for me...lucky me. So Johnny, your response to getting 1 out of 10 for your English essay? Well sir, I read on TVF that teachers shouldn't care about getting little things right, like grammar, spelling, and that s%&t, so why should I? So chill dude, and give me 10 outta 10.

Professional and qualified teachers should ouze forth what their profession demands, even when relaxing here in jolly TVF.

Me in the other hand ain't no got dart ting going on bro, und yup it kinda pours brun stuff like river get me know it hy din towit sqky zyi g$h a%&juip ...

Edited by BlindMagician

If you are passionate about teaching English, you will be fine.

Unless you say loose instead lose and your instead of you're (when applicable).

this is like a chat room; quick comments and blah blah blah....

nonetheless, if typing in a teaching forum, then maybe, just maybe, worry about grammer.

red line? grammar!!!! i loose.....

"Have the school started yet?"

My god, you missed an 's' off 'school'. Beat yourself up within an inch of your life. Be thoroughly ashamed of your error. Mistakes like that will ruin any chance of teaching! What a thoroughly uneducated person you are!!!

Hehe!

Off school? Don't throw with bricks when.....